Discussion AFL International Cup 2017 Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
IC17-logo.jpg

The International Cup starts in 3 weeks and it usually involves some pretty interesting designs.
I haven't heard or seen much about it so far so I thought that this could be a good place to share any designs that have been revealed.

I'll start off this thread with the new Canada Northwind jumper.
DEUkLxgWsAQGXbP.jpg

Pretty straight forward, has a bit of an ice hockey vibe about it with hoops at the bottom of the guernsey and a logo in the centre.

India Tigers* (according to Wikipedia*, that name doesn't seem right with an Essendon logo on their jumper)View attachment 393886
I can't believe they've just put an unedited Essendon logo on there without changing the words.

I don't see any plausible one.
Because they aren't the Indian bombers, they're just supported by Essendon. similar to the China/Port relationship.

I can't believe they've just put an unedited Essendon logo on there without changing the words.
The Indian team has nothing to do with Richmond, the nickname of "Tigers" was because the first national side was made of players from Kolkata, West Bengal. The sides association with Essendon has been there for some years now.

Because they aren't the Indian bombers, they're just supported by Essendon. similar to the China/Port relationship.
I didn't see the connection, and for that I prefusely apologise.
Better name than the Baghdad Bombers.

I'll see myself out. :D
Baghdad Bombers has a nice ring to it, I really like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't find any more confirmed guernseys at the moment but here are all of the designs from the last cup in 2014.

5660646-3x2-940x627.jpg
There is my Fiji comp jumper but they had issues with artwork so they went for this.
The Fiji jumper is wrong in that photo, below is what they wore in 2014
mFiji.jpg

Mero is this something that you would consider putting on footyjumpers.com?
Not really.
I have a line of demarcation that begins with at least semi professional football.
WAFL, SANFL & perhaps VFA/L would be the limit.

Is this a serious question?

I understand the need for clubs to broaden their identity, i understand clubs wanting much money, i understand clubs are dicks sometimes.
Just don't understand why any club thinks forcing their identity onto a country helps their image when it steals that countries heritage and the main focus of them being a part of the IC, their culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back