AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The "cover" is clearly inspired by the Wii game which leads me to believe its WW. If its not why would the cover not be an entirely new design or atleast be somewhat similar to AFL live 1 which is its namesake?

Isn't there a difference between publisher/developer?

The developer makes the game.

The publisher pays the developers and hopes that they get their investment back by selling a s**t ton of the games

The "cover" is clearly inspired by the Wii game which leads me to believe its WW. If its not why would the cover not be an entirely new design or atleast be somewhat similar to AFL live 1 which is its namesake?

WW not involved

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/05/afl-live-2-announced

The developer was not named in the initial information. When asked, an HES representative responded, “Tru Blu are developing AFL Live 2.”

It means they are paying for development and then publishing it themselves

Its very much like a producer for a movie

If Tru Blu are indeed covering both the development and publishing of the game, I certainly hope they didn't intentionally shaft Big Ant in order to make as much money as possible (not to mention at the expense of quality). It would mean they essentially 'used' Ross & co. to make the foundations, and then effectively stole them.

Very disappointing news. As for Tru Blu they are nothing but a skid mark on the Australian games industry.

Very disappointing news. As for Tru Blu they are nothing but a skid mark on the Australian games industry.

They haven't even released the game yet. Give them a chance.

They haven't even released the game yet. Give them a chance.

With every release they have published in the past they have treated the consumers with absolute contempt, and its quite reasonable to assume that they have done the same to the hard working developers such as bigant. Home grown devs have very few options when it comes to publishers and Tru Blu seem to be very well aware of that fact. Without saying as much Ross seemed fairly fed up with them and their restrictions during AFL Live development.
As a consumer i think their attitude stinks. So no, i wont be giving them a chance.

It says over 200 players! I'd certainly hope so. 18 AFL teams.... Squad of 30...
It actually says "Over 200 realistically modeled AFL star players"

Meaning that there's 200 players that they've put into the game using the proper photography, etc. that we've seen from Hawthorn and St.Kilda. But the rest will be used via stock photo's and artificial modeling etc.

My heart just sank when I heard Big Ant are not involved in this

It was like reading the text from a chick you met at a club/pub rejecting your invitation to further relations the next day. You see she replies, get really excited, only to be brought crashing down in a heap. Shattered :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also would just like to add, depending on the quality of online, the game and audience participation.

We will be running tournaments on both systems for prizes (including PC games) as well as the winner receiving the exclusive Video Games Board award currently held by just one single poster on the site:
142_1368141795l.jpg

So you'll get to join an exclusive club!

And everything will be handled here. No facebook, no external sites, everything will be located on this board for ease of use and handling.

Excited about the sheer amount of clubs and the career mode details. A bit disappointed that Big Ant Studios aren't developing it, but hopefully it will be a good game.

pretty poor effort to only have the TAC and the VFL, no WAFL or SANFL.

and yes that logo is embarrassing

Some people will complain about anything. Last time it was just the AFL. Now there's two extra leagues. And it's a "pretty poor effort"?

well no, the wii games had the VFL and TAC. what have Tru Blu been doing for 2 years if not negotiatingfor the liscences? Sweet FA

To answer some of above, it is not developed by Tru Blu internally, none of the Big Ant Studios technology was used in AFL Live 2.

I should leave the naming of the developer to Tru Blu or that developer to announce - they were a bit cheeky not to mention the developer or at least say it's not us
smile.gif

To answer some of above, it is not developed by Tru Blu internally, none of the Big Ant Studios technology was used in AFL Live 2.

I should leave the naming of the developer to Tru Blu or that developer to announce - they were a bit cheeky not to mention the developer or at least say it's not us
smile.gif
Do you think we'll be pleased with who's developing Ross? Obviously not as pleased as we would be if you where :D

Any chance of an unlicensed AFL game from you guys? WAFL Football 2013 or something along those lines?

they were a bit cheeky not to mention the developer or at least say it's not us
smile.gif

That is sort of a minor example of what i was getting at earlier in regards to their attitude. If i was in the development team i would be more than a little peeved that their was no mention of who is actually making the game. And to give the impression that its an internal project is more than cheeky....

Do you think we'll be pleased with who's developing Ross? Obviously not as pleased as we would be if you where :D

Well I think you'd be more pleased if it was me because I broke all the rules and posted on here constantly getting in trouble with *everyone* while we were in development - it was fun :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back