AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I thought that dumb as well. When you're about to be tackled you've only got time to quickly hit the clearing kick which at best puts it to a 50/50 situation.

I'm talking playing against another human opposed to the AI.

I know if someone tried to play that clearing kick game against me 80% of the time i would win the ball back ether through a smother or a 50/50 where they have cleared it to.

Against the AI it works but against people online the tactics that are used are smart and advanced and alot of us playing online are playing online because Ledgendary is miles to easy and probably will be miles to easy even with the patch.

Online is where this game really shines

Online is where this game really shines

Agree with this, my only bugbear is when it's a 2 or 3 on 1. Your AI teammates don't support as well and when you're getting Sheppard off the ball it makes it very difficult to compete. The counter is generally one of them is shit house so you will win the ruck and get easy marks in the forward line when he is control of the players. :)

Would hate to play a 2 on 1 when both of the opposition are good. :eek:

Also the other one is when ppl go over the mark to smother your goal kick (which is getting fixed).

God-awful coding...

My main point to Mr.Symons was....to ascertain the budget for AFL Live, a rough/exact number. Then inquire for instance, how much it would cost to utilize the Euphoria engine? x dollar figure. Supposedly 85,000 max sales, $85 game price = $7.3M return.

/Set aswering naive troll mode on/

You haven't seen the code, you cannot comment on the code in any regard whether you refer to gameplay or graphics or whatever.

Another example of your naivity - take away advertising, cost of utilising the platform, cost of the disks, retailer margin, distributor margin, AFL licensing fee... etc... etc...

Mate, I have investigated the use of Euphoria, something I can actually do - you cannot as you have no dev access. Note that we actually use Natural Motion products but not Euphoria - but of course you would know that, right?

If your the same Notorious that is on XBOX360.

I played you in a epic game the other day as port and won by a point. Loved playing you it was a sweet backwards and folwards game. Was a game where a draw would have been just

Ill happily play you any time you like without cheating like those other bastards

Yeah think I remember that, haha was a very good game, until I lost of course.

Agree with this, my only bugbear is when it's a 2 or 3 on 1. Your AI teammates don't support as well and when you're getting Sheppard off the ball it makes it very difficult to compete. The counter is generally one of them is shit house so you will win the ruck and get easy marks in the forward line when he is control of the players. :)

Would hate to play a 2 on 1 when both of the opposition are good. :eek:

Also the other one is when ppl go over the mark to smother your goal kick (which is getting fixed).

yeah the 2 on 1s have been annoying me but i have been flogging them lately to. they get the first few but then i would out there tactics to take them down. Personally nothing beats a good 1 on 1 slog with someone at about the same skill as you. Nothing beats a close win but nothings more painful than a close loss... You didnt sound to happy through the mic when i beat you :p

Nothing beats a close win but nothings more painful than a close loss... You didnt sound to happy through the mic when i beat you :p

Lol was that one of the close ones I lost? I've raged a few times on my mic when it lags or close losses. :eek:

Lol was that one of the close ones I lost? I've raged a few times on my mic when it lags or close losses. :eek:

yeah i was ahead as port by 4 pts and you bombed it into your 50 with 30 seconds left and i took a mark and chipped it to a free man on the wing to waste some time :p

Was a great game though made me earn the win thats for sure. Got the "step into my office" badge off you which was good

yeah i was ahead as port by 4 pts and you bombed it into your 50 with 30 seconds left and i took a mark and chipped it to a free man on the wing to waste some time :p

Was a great game though made me earn the win thats for sure. Got the "step into my office" badge off you which was good

Glad I was a challenge for the badge. The guy I beat for it I pumped by about 60pts. :)

just letting people know i succesfully logged into PSN. Had to change my password and get an email confirmation but looks like I can play AFL LIVE online for the first time.

my username is dhuman82

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You haven't seen the code, you cannot comment on the code in any regard whether you refer to gameplay or graphics or whatever.

Code, language. Programs are built to produce an output. A mass of algorithms for game-play. How animations interact and the result of situations on the field, attributes, etc. How the final product plays on the field is evident of its programming. Anyone who plays the game, sees flaws in how unbalanced certain things are, how there might be glitches, how certain rules or fundamentals aren't followed, regardless of whether they love or hate the game, are well within their right to comment on the coding. They mightn't know exactly the numbers in the algorithms etc, but they understand if something's not done well. You're patching the game, for instance, because you take in feedback from consumers here, as well as your own experience playing the game, and thus go back to your developers to, guess what, tweak code.

Another example of your naivity - take away advertising, cost of utilising the platform, cost of the disks, retailer margin, distributor margin, AFL licensing fee... etc... etc...

I didn't neglect all those things whatsoever. I talked merely about a gross return. Hypothetically, 85,000 x $85 = $7.3M...before we even discuss expenses, etc. That's why I wrote that, to start off with a gross figure and work backwards, seeing as you refuse to mention figures at all. I asked you how much it cost to produce AFL Live 2011. You didn't say. I asked you how much would it cost to use Euphoria. You didn't say. I only asked those things initially to gauge roughly how much it cost you, how much it would cost to use euphoria (say), other tech, extra staff, etc, to enhance AFL Live 2012. To get a picture of the rough budget figure so as to work out how much extra funding is needed between AFL Live 2011 and AFL Live 2012 if it went down the euphoria road, say.

But I take it you believe 85,000 is absolute cap of sales in Australia, and are happy to play it safe within that, not push the envelope, not dream 100,000 or 150,000 sales are possible? Obviously it's all about making money. That's all it's about. I'm a bit surprised you're not dreaming of pushing that 85,000 to a taller order, spending more to make more, but playing it safe for x profits. But I can't comment on that because you don't ever humor me by responding with rough figures.

btw, sometime this week i'll rent the game, take a day or two to break the game down, and then i'll challenge any of you, including Mr.Symons.

psn: killer-ontheroad (if there's a lobby, look out for me).

im either going to defeat pretty much everyone, or fail to beat anyone. so dont miss out on the chance of this gg vs the world opportunity, especially if youre gonna mouth off at me on this forum, then bring it to the field.

to prove the code isnt good, gonna exploit and glitch. cant complain about that, the game allows me, and others think the code is fine.

GG, could you at least rent the game or something?
Your opinions seem to be based off youtube footage and the worst review of the game while Gamespot, IGN and MMGN believe the game is solid, enjoyable and has lots of potential (and haven't mentioned any need for an extensive programming overhaul).
I don't know how you would have a better idea of what's financially viable for the series than the CEO of the developer but you're defending your idea to a point that's annoying everyone in the thread.

My skills have regressed. :eek: I am back to not being able to get a kick off and am being tackled continuously. I still get easy wins but the games aren't fun. :( If only I could shrug tackles

Why do I lose a point of my reliability rating every time the other person disconnects?

I am right in understanding you don't get XP if you rage quit early in the game?

So much hostility.

Anyway the netcoding in this game is pretty shit. I'd fire the person who wrote, along with the sound engineer if I were Ross.

Gee... with comments like that mate I wonder why... so insightful, constructive and helpful - the game is lag free on a constant 8kbit link with 36 players on the field, the lead here is the best Console network coder in Australia by a street.

I was the one who pointed out that the sound is the weakest part of the game, way before anyone saw it - openly and honestly - and discussed this at many a demo.

Always happy to hear how things can be better, I will be canvassing people on here for ideas in the sequel. The other thread here with stat's changes for instance has been very interesting.

Ross, who's your PR man? Does he ever tell you to be careful when posting on this website? (not a dig).

I'm glad you recognize how poor the sound is in the game. Will be good when it improves in the future.

I was the one who pointed out that the sound is the weakest part of the game, way before anyone saw it - openly and honestly - and discussed this at many a demo..

Seems a bit weird that if you think the commentary/sound wasn't good enough, you'd give it the go ahead. Not complaining or anything, just seems a bit odd.

I see where GG is coming from, I think it's good to set the bar pretty damn high, low budget or not. This is next-gen gaming we're talking about. It's easy to say, "This is the best AFL game to date though!" because the other games are utter rubbish.

This game has a lot of promising elements, but it also has a lot of disappointing elements.

Ross, who's your PR man? Does he ever tell you to be careful when posting on this website? (not a dig).

I'm glad you recognize how poor the sound is in the game. Will be good when it improves in the future.

If I listened to PR guys then I would not be on here at all! I think people appreciate things said more directly and honestly than the typical company line or spin that normally gets a run with regard to our industry.

While you can question the game, and have every right too, there is no question that we at Big Ant all have a passion for the sport and want to deliver the best quality we can given the timeframe and budget.

Like a fledgling club, AFL Live is in its infancy and we are building for the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back