AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just played a game with the patch.

And wow, my incessant bitching about the problems with hand balling must have been heard, because it's a hell of a lot better. There used to be a "minimum distance" a handball had to travel before this patch. You could have a player open a metre away from you, but it would shoot past them.

No such issues now!!

Plus there seems to be a minor "auto lock" in that if you're handballing in a general direction of a teammate, it'll go straight to them automatically.

That's the biggest improvement I've noticed and really makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Now for illnino or HBK to cut me back down...
Hello.:)
ive never seen that cut scene if you have a injury, is that new as well?
No, can remember it happening in one of the very first EB Playtests. The devs were so surprised to see it happen outside the office they had to take a screenshot.

From memory it was Jobe Watson.:D

Just played a game with the patch.

And wow, my incessant bitching about the problems with hand balling must have been heard, because it's a hell of a lot better. There used to be a "minimum distance" a handball had to travel before this patch. You could have a player open a metre away from you, but it would shoot past them.

No such issues now!!

Plus there seems to be a minor "auto lock" in that if you're handballing in a general direction of a teammate, it'll go straight to them automatically.

That's the biggest improvement I've noticed and really makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

The auto lock thing happened for me pre-patch.

Even if you don't want to pay the $15 for the update, the patch alone makes the game worth playing again. I'm hanging out for the DLC now though, will be interested to see what they've done with the Eagles squad this year.

Also can you sorter turn, and move around your opponent?

An interesting point, I don't know whether it's because I hadn't tried it before, but I actually managed to do this a couple of times. Once I had Naitanui turn and change directions, and consequently wrong foot an opponent and find more time, and another I used the sprint button to fire Gaff into a small gap, from which he had time to hit a target.

It's sorta hard to explain, but I definitely found that there was more time to do things like this. This isn't to be mistaken for a lack of pressure, because at other stages in the game it's just as fierce, however on a couple of occasions it's noticeable that space was more readily available.

I'll be very interested to see when the patch notes come out to see if it's all in my head or not...

Giving the patch a go now.

I don't think there's been any change to the handballing.

I don't really think there's been a ton of noticable changes at all really.

Although the biggest change, that I can notice. Is that AI players are far more willing to leave their men. They seem willing to help out at certain situations and run into free space a little more, rather than just sticking to their opponent.

An interesting point, I don't know whether it's because I hadn't tried it before, but I actually managed to do this a couple of times. Once I had Naitanui turn and change directions, and consequently wrong foot an opponent and find more time, and another I used the sprint button to fire Gaff into a small gap, from which he had time to hit a target.

It's sorta hard to explain, but I definitely found that there was more time to do things like this. This isn't to be mistaken for a lack of pressure, because at other stages in the game it's just as fierce, however on a couple of occasions it's noticeable that space was more readily available.

I'll be very interested to see when the patch notes come out to see if it's all in my head or not...

That sounds awesome than. :)

That sounds good. Did you notice if the speed increase it was with all players, or just some of the smaller speedier ones like Gaff? It would be a little strange seeing Sandilands run down someone like Gaff...

That sounds good. Did you notice if the speed increase it was with all players, or just some of the smaller speedier ones like Gaff? It would be a little strange seeing Sandilands run down someone like Gaff...

Hard to tell, and again I don't want to commit to saying there is an avalanche of changes when it could just be in my head! It definitely felt like it played differently to me, however it's best to just judge for yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL Live 2012 Update Pack DLC will rollout across the Playstation Network and Xbox Live Market place in the next few hours. Some users may see it show up before others.

i wonder how many xbox and ps3 members have there consoles on and running for the next few hours waiting for it to show up!, the AFL online servers will be running hot

Tru Blu responded to my question about whether or not the 2012 fixture is part of the DLC. They didn't answer my question. So annoying. A simple yes or no would be great. Surely someone can just tell us.

After playing a few games I believe there are some AI improvements (Players running to space more?) also noticed the AI ruckman moves around at centre bounces (dont think this happened before) hard to nail it down exactly but feels a little different.

Hi everyone - I know you are all eagerly awaiting the DLC. Here are some clarifications:
1. The DLC will be out anytime tonight. Please note that we have no control over when Sony and Microsoft update their store. Therefore we cannot give you the exact time on when the DLC will be made available.
2. What's included in the DLC?
The DLC includes updated team lists and on-field uniforms for the 2012 season, the new Skoda Stadium and the ability to play as competition newcomers – the Greater Western Sydney Giants.
3. The DLC for PS3 will be $14.95AU and Xbox 360 will be 880 MS points.

Thats all it includes.... no fixture update is quite silly/

The fixture would have been the clincher for me. I'm not paying 15 dollars when I can update rosters myself and make GWS.

So pumped for the DLC!!!!! I'm hoping that the teams with the updated lineups come in like a separate category on the single match teams picking screen so it's like:

AFL (2011/Custom)
AFL (2012)
Custom
Special

I wanna be able to keep my edited teams lol.

you can update the rosters but they arent the real players. Like saad for stkilda wilkes etc ya know and gws players are now in it, nah the p[rice is ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back