BlackMamba

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bentleigh
A lot of people have reported the game freezing at the end of certain games throughout the season. This has been mentioned here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20751323&postcount=1 and there is a list of teams and games that this happens with.
The best solution has been to simulate past the game, which disables your ability to unlock seasonal trophies for that competition, as well as disabling some stuff in the trophy room. This will be fixed in the patch, but I don't know when that will come out.

I had this issue the other day with St.Kilda vs Adelaide. The game crashed at the end of the match, and I had to restart.

However when I next tried to play the match, I got through the end of it, and into the next round. There was a couple of things I changed, so you guys might wanna try these things and see if they help you through.

1) I played local multiplayer for a bit, and unlocked the Road Trip trophy in one of my games. I also finished a NAB Cup comp.

2) Before my match, I simulated all the AI games in that round before going to play my match

3) I didn't use my sub in my game.

Not sure if these will help, or if they have anything to do with the crash, but it managed to help me get past this issue without having to simulate the problem match.
I have only done this once, so maybe people could give one or two of these steps a go, and maybe we can help people get past these rounds. Good luck.

A lot of people have reported the game freezing at the end of certain games throughout the season. This has been mentioned here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20751323&postcount=1 and there is a list of teams and games that this happens with.
The best solution has been to simulate past the game, which disables your ability to unlock seasonal trophies for that competition, as well as disabling some stuff in the trophy room. This will be fixed in the patch, but I don't know when that will come out.

I had this issue the other day with St.Kilda vs Adelaide. The game crashed at the end of the match, and I had to restart.

However when I next tried to play the match, I got through the end of it, and into the next round. There was a couple of things I changed, so you guys might wanna try these things and see if they help you through.

1) I played local multiplayer for a bit, and unlocked the Road Trip trophy in one of my games. I also finished a NAB Cup comp.

2) Before my match, I simulated all the AI games in that round before going to play my match

3) I didn't use my sub in my game.

Not sure if these will help, or if they have anything to do with the crash, but it managed to help me get past this issue without having to simulate the problem match.
I have only done this once, so maybe people could give one or two of these steps a go, and maybe we can help people get past these rounds. Good luck.

I will try the above, however I can explain when the problem occurs.

If you are in a round with 7 matches and the next week has eight matches, and you are named in the eighth game then the game you are currently in will not progress.

Did you get the trophy for the Premiership etc..?

I will try the above, however I can explain when the problem occurs.

If you are in a round with 7 matches and the next week has eight matches, and you are named in the eighth game then the game you are currently in will not progress.

Did you get the trophy for the Premiership etc..?

I haven't finished my season yet. Just finished the home and away season and managed to get the trophy for being on top at the end of the season. Also got the 100goals in a season trophy fine.

Anyway, looks like simulating the AI matches before the game has fixed it.

Simulating the game first doesn't fix it..

I think it's a matter of not using your sub

Anyone know if there is a patch released now that the PSN is back up?

Simulating the game first doesn't fix it..

I think it's a matter of not using your sub

Anyone know if there is a patch released now that the PSN is back up?

Yes it does. You simulate the AI games first and then play your round and it works. Did for me and many others. Big Ant tested this on their dev setup and it worked for them too. Will be all fixed in the patch however it does work.

Yes it does. You simulate the AI games first and then play your round and it works. Did for me and many others. Big Ant tested this on their dev setup and it worked for them too. Will be all fixed in the patch however it does work.

Well I did the whole simulate thing first, it worked for the first game but not for the second.

I do use lots of interchanges and find that it freezes generally in the last quarter not long after I use the sub. It's as if the game can't handle all my pauses and changes.

Any idea when this patch is out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I did the whole simulate thing first, it worked for the first game but not for the second.

I do use lots of interchanges and find that it freezes generally in the last quarter not long after I use the sub. It's as if the game can't handle all my pauses and changes.

So that has to do with the sub glitch, not simulating games.

:rolleyes:

You have to simulate right before you play though. If you simulate the games, then save and quit and come back later and play, it won't work.

Your talking about an in-match freeze, not the same freeze that this thread relates to. This thread is for a freeze in the season menu before you start a match.

I know exactly what your freeze is and how to fix it though keepzitreal. Unsure if BigAntStudios knows about this either, or if it will be fixed in the upcoming patch, but I use a lot of interchanges in offline play and in doing so, I finally figured out why the game seems to sometimes freeze after using the pause menu to interchange/sub players or interchange your ruckman before a bounce, especially in the fourth quarter.

Well I may not know the exact cause but I do know how to avoid any in game freezes. So here's a list of things to do and not to do in regard to interchanges and the sub to avoid a freeze;

- You can use the d-pad to interchange at anytime except for interchanging a ruckman before a ruck contest.

- Only use the pause menu to interchange during general play (pause > team management > team lineup). Never use it during the qtr time/half time breaks or before a ruck contest.

- Only activate the sub with the d-pad, not through the pause menu. Never swap your sub for a player on the field - Only swap your sub for a player on the bench. If you want to swap your sub with someone on the field, I recommend pausing the game during general play (not at a ruck contest) to swap that player to the bench, then when he gets to the bench, use the d-pad to swap him with your sub.

Some of these points are also to avoid the "missing/disappearing player" bug and to avoid not being in control of your ruckman at the ruck contest (which generally leads to a freeze). I know it seems complicated but it's really not if you get used to it for a few games and it's the only way/s I know of to stop the freezing when using a lot of interchanges and the sub. Will save you a lot of frustration. For people who don't really use the interchange or sub, none of this should really apply to you.

Let me know how this goes for you mate or if you have any questions, like I say, it works for me and I used to get a lot of freezes before doing this.

Ross, is this something that can be tested or possibly help you to narrow down what the issue actually is?

Should mention, this is for PS3. Any 360 guys that can tell us if they have had these issues when using a lot of interchanges and/or the sub (particularly through the pause menu - team management - team lineup)?

So that has to do with the sub glitch, not simulating games.

:rolleyes:

So can someone tell me how to still play games and make subs without it glitching?

I simulated first last night and left auto subs on and it works, but its not as fun if you can't make your own subs.

Also any update on a patch at all?

Your talking about an in-match freeze, not the same freeze that this thread relates to. This thread is for a freeze in the season menu before you start a match.

I know exactly what your freeze is and how to fix it though keepzitreal. Unsure if BigAntStudios knows about this either, or if it will be fixed in the upcoming patch, but I use a lot of interchanges in offline play and in doing so, I finally figured out why the game seems to sometimes freeze after using the pause menu to interchange/sub players or interchange your ruckman before a bounce, especially in the fourth quarter.

Well I may not know the exact cause but I do know how to avoid any in game freezes. So here's a list of things to do and not to do in regard to interchanges and the sub to avoid a freeze;

- You can use the d-pad to interchange at anytime except for interchanging a ruckman before a ruck contest.

- Only use the pause menu to interchange during general play (pause > team management > team lineup). Never use it during the qtr time/half time breaks or before a ruck contest.

- Only activate the sub with the d-pad, not through the pause menu. Never swap your sub for a player on the field - Only swap your sub for a player on the bench. If you want to swap your sub with someone on the field, I recommend pausing the game during general play (not at a ruck contest) to swap that player to the bench, then when he gets to the bench, use the d-pad to swap him with your sub.

Some of these points are also to avoid the "missing/disappearing player" bug and to avoid not being in control of your ruckman at the ruck contest (which generally leads to a freeze). I know it seems complicated but it's really not if you get used to it for a few games and it's the only way/s I know of to stop the freezing when using a lot of interchanges and the sub. Will save you a lot of frustration. For people who don't really use the interchange or sub, none of this should really apply to you.

Let me know how this goes for you mate or if you have any questions, like I say, it works for me and I used to get a lot of freezes before doing this.

Ross, is this something that can be tested or possibly help you to narrow down what the issue actually is?

Should mention, this is for PS3. Any 360 guys that can tell us if they have had these issues when using a lot of interchanges and/or the sub (particularly through the pause menu - team management - team lineup)?

Sorry, just saw this.

Thanks heaps mate, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I always do my subs before ruck contests, I figured that might be contributing to it.

Will try it tonight. Your a legend!!

I’ve been having the same issue, and I thought it was something to do with the way I use the team management. I've had my ruckman not showing up till after the bounce sometimes but I don't think it was freezing for me all the time when this happened? I find it freezing during or after a goal replay.
I find subbing with the d-pad un-useable & the auto sub is always putting playing in the weirdest spots. So I tend to pause a lot and use the team management.
Let hope the patch fixes this. Otherwise :thumbsdown:

I’ve been having the same issue, and I thought it was something to do with the way I use the team management. I've had my ruckman not showing up till after the bounce sometimes but I don't think it was freezing for me all the time when this happened? I find it freezing during or after a goal replay.
I find subbing with the d-pad un-useable & the auto sub is always putting playing in the weirdest spots. So I tend to pause a lot and use the team management.
Let hope the patch fixes this. Otherwise :thumbsdown:

I don't do any changes with the d-pad except for the sub. It's quite easy to do after a few goes to get used to it. You have a fairly long while to do it before a center bounce - That's when I do it.

So if people follow these 3 steps, they should never have an in-match freeze (yes it does freeze during replays too sometimes MattB);

1. Use the d-pad to interchange/sub at any time you like, except for interchanging/subbing a ruckman at a ruck contest.

2. Use the pause menu to interchange at anytime except; a) before a ruck contest b) During a quarter time or half time break

3. Use the d-pad to make your sub, not the pause menu. Make sure the guy you want to swap your sub for is on the bench - Never swap your sub with a player on the field. Use the sub before a center bounce to allow for maximum time to complete the sub.

Not too hard really and only requires one use of the d-pad per game (for the sub). I just pause my game at any time during general play, except for a ruck contest, to make my interchanges. Yet to have an in-match freeze since doing these things and these interchange/sub 'rules' come naturally to me now that I'm used to them.

Hey mate, can you tell me how to take a speccie also? I just push triangle to take a mark.

Then you already know how to take a speccie. It's a matter of getting in the right position/s and having a player in position to leap onto. It also takes into consideration the player's marking and jumping stats I assume. They're not easy to do (which is a very good thing).

Sorry, just saw this.

Thanks heaps mate, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I always do my subs before ruck contests, I figured that might be contributing to it.

Will try it tonight. Your a legend!!

I don't do any changes with the d-pad except for the sub. It's quite easy to do after a few goes to get used to it. You have a fairly long while to do it before a center bounce - That's when I do it.

So if people follow these 3 steps, they should never have an in-match freeze (yes it does freeze during replays too sometimes MattB);

1. Use the d-pad to interchange/sub at any time you like, except for interchanging/subbing a ruckman at a ruck contest.

2. Use the pause menu to interchange at anytime except; a) before a ruck contest b) During a quarter time or half time break

3. Use the d-pad to make your sub, not the pause menu. Make sure the guy you want to swap your sub for is on the bench - Never swap your sub with a player on the field. Use the sub before a center bounce to allow for maximum time to complete the sub.

Not too hard really and only requires one use of the d-pad per game (for the sub). I just pause my game at any time during general play, except for a ruck contest, to make my interchanges. Yet to have an in-match freeze since doing these things and these interchange/sub 'rules' come naturally to me now that I'm used to them.

I just played round 18 again with Richmond against Geelong and again it froze. I didn't sub and no manual interchange. I sure hope the patch comes soon so I can finish my season.

I just played round 18 again with Richmond against Geelong and again it froze. I didn't sub and no manual interchange. I sure hope the patch comes soon so I can finish my season.

When is it freezing? During the game or a goal replay? After the game? Before the game?

Just asking to see if I can help...Not sure I can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back