AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys just to let you know i found someone who is selling boxed copies, i purchased one myself, here is the link, dont know how many they have though, i believe they may be selling on ebay too.

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/pc-afl-live-2012

Not bad. Might pick up a copy. Anyone know if any modding ability ever happened with it? I'm thinking different guernsey designs, etc.

That's awesome news.

No modding that I am aware. Ross suggested he may give a pointer or two if there was enough interest back in the day but that didn't go anywhere pretty sure.

Not that I have a right to ask but it would be awesome if the HuB boys could work their magic on PC. When the method is worked out the update itself would probably be piss easy, just post a file and some instructions online somewhere for people to use themselves. At the end of the day it's the best version of the best AFL game that we have. Just a shame TB refuse to put it up on GoG, really slack and is treating the small community we have with contempt imo.

Got my game today, no issues installing, have been playing all night, you just need to make a local profile in gfwl and your all good to go, no internet connection needed.
had it arrive today and PC wont even read the disk lol, there goes all that modding

Send them a message asking for a swap!
all good, just my desktop dvd drive is buggered, just took ages for it to come up but its all good and now need to start modding, would like all the help i can get with extracting the blobset file. Then after that it'll be mod central here!

Great to hear guys. Hope you like it on PC.

One funny bug you'll notice - the AI is a lot more indecisive after a mark or free for some reason, to the extent it makes them easier to beat. But overall I think definitely the best version of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone end up getting anywhere with the modding? Looks like everything is stored in a big blobset file that would need to be extracted somehow.

If it was as easy as DBC and just making subfolders in the My Games folder and naming them correctly that would be amazing.

Last edited:
Anybody know why the game wont load past the main menu and when you use the controller it just makes a loud noise instead of loading past the menu, as if it is locked out but could run if i unlock some setting.

I have...
- a wireless xbox for windows controller
- the CD/box version of the game
- gfwl client/account running
- resolution is ok...
- graphics card is less size than recommended, but passable.

geez, feels like i've done everything.

Last edited:
What else is different that makes it better?

Cleaner graphics and instantaneous load times are the big two. To be up and playing a game seconds is huuuuuge.

Take with a grain of salt that cleaner graphics in a 2011 game is significant, but for fans of the game it's a bump up over the other versions.

Last edited:
Cleaner graphics and instantaneous load times are the big two. To be up and playing a game seconds is huuuuuge.

Take with a grain of salt that cleaner graphics in a 2011 game is significant, but for fans of the game it's a bump up over the other versions.

Ive only played this version (PC) for the last 3 years, living in the USA. I can vouch for the load times. What i can tell you is that, the 'indecisiveness' of the AI in this drives me bazonkas! Everything else is fine, but that seems to occur very frequently in the PC version (never played other platform versions). Another is that the AI will sometimes not kick the ball when they have a free from the boundary. The result is that the ump will call play on, and since the ball is out at the time, a thrown in is called. Really stupid.
Otherwise, great gameplay from an AFL game perspective.

Ive only played this version (PC) for the last 3 years, living in the USA. I can vouch for the load times. What i can tell you is that, the 'indecisiveness' of the AI in this drives me bazonkas! Everything else is fine, but that seems to occur very frequently in the PC version (never played other platform versions). Another is that the AI will sometimes not kick the ball when they have a free from the boundary. The result is that the ump will call play on, and since the ball is out at the time, a thrown in is called. Really stupid.
Otherwise, great gameplay from an AFL game perspective.

Fair call sfletch100, admit I may have underplayed this AI issue a little. Not a deal breaker for me but may be for some.

There's a post from Ross somewhere here that the AI is identical to console...I wonder Ross if you read this did you ever get to see what we were talking about? As an idea, maybe a patch to fix the AI....and update the guernseys...fixture....Career mode....call it AFL 2016 maybe....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back