AFL Round 12: Port Adelaide v Richmond Friday 7:20pm ACST @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

5 interstate games. What Victorian side goes interstate more than 6 times? You new to the game?
Melbourne, but it's our own fault. 2 sold home games.

I think your club got done though, most of the night, I don't think Port are that good. Still.

Much less aggrieved about the umpires than most weeks. Also less concerned by this defeat than the other two. Port were too good on the night. It didn't look pretty but it worked. Backline was excellent.

Higgins needs a rest in the VFL, lucky to get the past one or two games and not pulling his weight. Menadue quiet but it wasn't his sort of game. Moore... not sure. No shots at goal.

Dusty changes the forward mix all by himself.

5 interstate games. What Victorian side goes interstate more than 6 times? You new to the game?
Such a lop sided comp . Cant belive the vic clubs had the Gaul to bitch about the northern clubs and there cola /academy allowance when they are kissed on the dick so much by the afl

We'd need to be underdogs by a fair margin for that to be the case, but we were not so it isn't an honourable loss. More like a good win for Port Adelaide I'd say. Couldn't deal with their bigger bodies.
Beat us fair and square. The Seagull and his ‘honourable loss’ takes from Port’s good deeds tonight.
Love these campaigners who pop their heads up out of the sand to take so much satisfaction in us losing. No harm in throwing them a chip every now and then.
Especially those from teams we have already beat.

If you have nothing reasonable to contribute to the thread rather than childish retorts/insults - move on or you may find yourself moved on accordingly.

If you have nothing reasonable to contribute to the thread rather than childish retorts/insults - move on or you may find yourself moved on accordingly.

Is that directed at me?

Rance is a good player, he doesn't need to dive for free kicks. He has been doing it for a while.
Last week was not a good look.
I wouldn’t say he dives as opposed to performs desperate acts.
Like tonight he did not dive and despite being out positioned and pushed in the back / side he still tried to get a hand on the ball.
Looks extravagant and is in essence. But not diving...that is a competitor.

Turn it up. Force was there and he was still making a contest trying to touch / spoil the ball.
Time for people to find a new hobby if they can’t read the basics on a footy field.
Still simulation - another 'Rance Dance' - just not as blatant as last week. Within 'tolerable' limits - nothing to see here...move on.
Rance should still try to eliminate this tactic from his game...too good a player for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a lop sided comp . Cant belive the vic clubs had the Gaul to bitch about the northern clubs and there cola /academy allowance when they are kissed on the dick so much by the afl
They are great believers in "selective fairness".

Like I said a weak Richmond benefits us, but this anti Richmond sentiment/sour grapes/salt is kinda annoying though. I don't underestimate them.

Rance is a good player, he doesn't need to dive for free kicks. He has been doing it for a while.
I think it's often a trait of class players to look for every little advantage, and that's what gets them results. Sometimes it's body position in an arial contest, sometimes it's the vision to see an opportunity and execute, and sometimes it's exploiting the rules as much as you can.

That wasn’t a dive. He lunges full pace at the ball at all times so when a 100kg bloke gives you a nudge of course momentum is going to take you forward. Stop being mischievous.

Dixon rag-dolled him a few times. Rance is strong but Dixon is clearly a level up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back