Votes: 26 52.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was really impressed with the Suns today when I checked the scores at halfway. Just came back from the arvo and couldn't believe St Kilda had it.
What went wrong? (genuine question :p)

Dew must be their fitness coach as well as their coach, they can't run out 4 quarters. thought we were dead and buried and we ran over the top of them.

Was really impressed with the Suns today when I checked the scores at halfway. Just came back from the arvo and couldn't believe St Kilda had it.
What went wrong? (genuine question :p)

I was shocked that Sydney jumped StKilda. They should have been Collingwood and West Coast only for putrid umpiring and pushed Richmond. They’ve been pretty good considering their injuries.

What would the Saints want for Longer. His ruckwork with Danger, Gaz and Joel would be the thing of dreams.

Were the free kicks there or were they not. That's what matters.

The free kick count in and of itself is meaningless.

Whether they were there or not is quite subjective. I would think they were..

Bigger issue is the two obvious free kicks which they missed in that last quarter which would have went the Suns way. One of which was in their forward 50.

Bigger issue is the two obvious free kicks which they missed in that last quarter which would have went the Suns way. One of which was in their forward 50.

Umpires missed three or four to McCartin in the last when he was infringed.

Just saw that the free kick count was 9 - 3 in that last quarter the Saints way.
had nothing to do with 90% of the 4th qtr being played in Saints fwd half?

95 to 55 possessions
47 to 37 contested
31 to 26 tackles
19 to 5 I50's

28-21 free kicks in St Kilda's favour.
So... going by St K fans logic the Suns were robbed.

Your saying exactly what we said when we played you. its not the ones that are paid, its the ones missed, but going by WC supporters at the time we were just sooking, its hard to have an argument when you (as in Supporters) cant maintain 1 side.

the commentary team also commented on many frees not paid to the Saints, numerous in the backs and HTB decisions that we never got, gees I sound like a WC supporter

Happy for the win, changes nothing in the grand scheme, but give's the club some reward and less media pressure to enact changes.

had nothing to do with 90% of the 4th qtr being played in Saints fwd half?

95 to 55 possessions
47 to 37 contested
31 to 26 tackles
19 to 5 I50's

Someone was saying that it was 15 - 1 from what I read before. So just clarified that up.

Your saying exactly what we said when we played you. its not the ones that are paid, its the ones missed, but going by WC supporters at the time we were just sooking, its hard to have an argument when you (as in Supporters) cant maintain 1 side.

the commentary team also commented on many frees not paid to the Saints, numerous in the backs and HTB decisions that we never got, gees I sound like a WC supporter

Hmm, I don't support West Coast. So I am unsure about what you are on about. Ha ha.

Umpires missed three or four to McCartin in the last when he was infringed.

Do you think their experiment is working then? The 4 umpire system I am referring to.

Someone was saying that it was 15 - 1 from what I read before. So just clarified that up.

Hmm, I don't support West Coast. So I am unsure about what you are on about. Ha ha.

Do you think their experiment is working then? The 4 umpire system I am referring to.
BartBart is though, I must of glanced the W and continued on, apologies

3 umpires inst working why would 4, to scared to override each other and terrible positioning, leaving 1 umpire to control the game whilst 3 stand back. too many cooks

No now there is four interpretations of one set of rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dew must be their fitness coach as well as their coach, they can't run out 4 quarters. thought we were dead and buried and we ran over the top of them.
The only good thing about this comeback win were you get to keep Richardson longer. Good onya.

Last edited:
At 3QTR time everybody was writing Richo's epitaph, the game never looked like going St.Kilda's way, they were shocking, listless, disinterested, hopeless, yet somehow this ends up an undoubtedly a great win by the Saints in the finish, but make no mistake this was also the worst performance of the year by the Suns!

probably the ugliest win I have ever seen. I hope it does not cause Saints to forget the previous 10 games.

At 3QTR time everybody was writing Richo's epitaph, the game never looked like going St.Kilda's way, they were shocking, listless, disinterested, hopeless, yet somehow this ends up an undoubtedly a great win by the Saints in the finish, but make no mistake this was also the worst performance of the year by the Suns!

Don't think the Suns were that bad, they were pretty good for 3 quarters but then stopped dead in the last quarter, we were pretty terrible for 3 quarters and then stormed home with a great last quarter similar to our game against West Coast except this time we got over the line.

That win shouldn't make us think that every thing is hunky dory now and that we're back on track as we still have a lot of work to do, likewise the Suns shouldn't think that it's all doom and gloom now just because they lost as for the most part they played quite well.

Back