AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How about actually checking plebs walking in from GA!

They were definitely checking on ANZAC Day. Even saw one person wander through whilst they were distracted and another staff member who was on her break stopped them and made them pull out their membership.

last week there were gates on both sides of level 4 checking, and gate at one end of level 1 but not sure if there's another one the other end?
They only let GA into the AFL members when the crowd is going to be small (sub 40k) or when the public GA completely overwhelms the public sections as was the case for the Geelong/Carlton match.

I call bullsh1t on that
I live this mate. The wide, sparse spaces of AFL members L4 when you see the dreaded GA sprawl up the back.

You just live with that fear until you see a steady rush of broccoli headed nuffs bolt up the back of AFL members and your lovely relaxing day is over

Last Saturday for a start. Also the big Easter Monday matches, Dreamtime, Queens Birthday ect.

I remember the old days where you could relax and laugh at the GA completely full whilst you have ample space. Now they'll just oversell and open the Members and a bit of MCC if they want.

Adelaide too

AFL reserve... So they give rights to SANFL/WAFL members and Vic based members of I think all interstate clubs. Maybe even premium members of interstate clubs. Not to mention medallion club.

Been like that for years... There is hardly anymore exclusivity

2 wheelchair spots have become available for tonight if anyone is interested. If you don't own a wheelchair I presume you could join standing room. Might be bad form to stand in the allocated wheelchair space though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live this mate. The wide, sparse spaces of AFL members L4 when you see the dreaded GA sprawl up the back.

You just live with that fear until you see a steady rush of broccoli headed nuffs bolt up the back of AFL members and your lovely relaxing day is over
Far enough. I normally reserve a seat. But a 50k crowd is not that high. There are roughly 50k of seats outside of MCC and AFL. I would have thought you'd be talking 65k crowd at least before GA was full.

A lot of people reserve the undercover level 1 seats in case of bad weather but then sit out in the open if it's a nice day and there are plenty of empties.

If you want to sit there then just sit there.
Yeah this. Wait till quarter time. Empty? Sit there

Absolutely ridiculous yesterday. Every undercover seat on L1 reserved. Again, 5% filled.

******* joke.
So here is your problem, the Medallion Club now has access to level 1 Undercover.
M19 and M20 Undercover are seemingly theirs and you wont get access to them in any onsale.

The AFL then holds back M17/M18/M22/M24 Undercover until the week of the game. I think it is because Medallion Club Silver members can upgrade to these at any point up to the week before a game and then the leftover goes on sale to AFL members.

So when you have a game like Richmond Freo or Hawthorn Sydney where the AFL reserve is 15% full and these bays go on sale three days before the game, they arent going to be bought and you end up with empty areas.

Is it BS? Absolutely. Is there anything you can do? nope.

So here is your problem, the Medallion Club now has access to level 1 Undercover.
M19 and M20 Undercover are seemingly theirs and you wont get access to them in any onsale.

The AFL then holds back M17/M18/M22/M24 Undercover until the week of the game. I think it is because Medallion Club Silver members can upgrade to these at any point up to the week before a game and then the leftover goes on sale to AFL members.

So when you have a game like Richmond Freo or Hawthorn Sydney where the AFL reserve is 15% full and these bays go on sale three days before the game, they arent going to be bought and you end up with empty areas.

Is it BS? Absolutely. Is there anything you can do? nope.

PULL THE ******* "RESERVED" THINGS OFF ON MATCHDAY.

So GA can come into our area, but Medallion clubs' unsold seats are "off limits" and protected like a mother protecting a newborn?

Nup. not having in AFL

Just walk down to the bar/cafe under the stand and then come up the stairs in the middle of the bay where they don’t have ticket checkers.
There is a gate under the stands at the punt Rd end with ticket checkers and you can't get through at the city end (staff can go from their entrance near the cricket nets to the southern stand but the public can't)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back