HB: Nick Blakey - Phil Davis - Zac Williams
C: Isaac Smith - Callum Mills - Harry Perryman
HF: Isaac Heeney - Tom Hawkins - Errol Gulden
F: Luke Breust - Taylor Walker - Harrison Himmelberg
R: Jarrod Witts - Jack Steele - Tom Green
Int: Matthew Kennedy - Lachie Schultz - Charlie Spargo - Jacob Hopper
SUB: Harry Cunningham

Queensland
FB: C.Budarick (GC), H.Andrews (Bri), A.Aliir (PA)
HB: B.Long (StK), S.May (Mel), J.Bowes (GC)
C: Z.Bailey (Bri), B.Keays (Ade), D.Rioli (Ric)
HF: S.Motlop (PA), M.Chol (GC), W.Rioli (WC)
FF: E.Hipwood (Bri), C.Dixon (PA), C.Cameron (Bri)
FOL: T.Hickey (Syd), B.Parfitt (Gee), D.Zorko (Bri)
INT: N.Cockatoo (Bri), L.Keeffe (GWS), J.Jeffrey (GC), W.Ashcroft (San)
Coach: M.Voss (Car)

Also I stole all that from this thread

Great work, all good sides there. I thought starcevich went to school in QLD but i may be wrong. NSW and QLD would hold their own against s.a and even w.a I think. The games where one team looks stronger you'd play that at the underdogs home ground. The only other thing is I'd only allow n.t players that have lived in QLD to represent the state, I think having more than a few from n.t in the qld team might make it seem like a hybrid team and struggle to get the patriotism of the qld locals if it's more than say 20 percent of the side.

Great work, all good sides there. I thought starcevich went to school in QLD but i may be wrong. NSW and QLD would hold their own against s.a and even w.a I think. The games where one team looks stronger you'd play that at the underdogs home ground. The only other thing is I'd only allow n.t players that have lived in QLD to represent the state, I think having more than a few from n.t in the qld team might make it seem like a hybrid team and struggle to get the patriotism of the qld locals if it's more than say 20 percent of the side.

I actually think the person who created the Queensland team did that as aren't the Rioli's from Northern Territory? Also ACT has been included in the NSW side as Phil Davis is from the ACT.

I do agree though that those would be some very interesting games, and I personally think those 6 teams would be a lot of fun to watch.

I actually think the person who created the Queensland team did that as aren't the Rioli's from Northern Territory? Also ACT has been included in the NSW side as Phil Davis is from the ACT.

I do agree though that those would be some very interesting games, and I personally think those 6 teams would be a lot of fun to watch.

Yeah I don't think the riolis stepped foot inside qld. I'm happy for guys like:

Steven may - from n.t lived 8 years in qld
Phil Davis - ACT lived nearly 10 years in Sydney
Jack steele - ACT lived a few years in Sydney.

These guys were zoned to clubs in those states.

Guys like that should be included into nsw and qld teams to strengthen them, but they actually have a relationship with the state and I think would like to represent them seeing as their own state doesn't have a SOO side (at least initially to get the concept going less is more).

I also didn't realise that thread existed only a few weeks ago I've kind of rehashed things with this one, but my idea above is the one way I think the concept would work and have both competitiveness and patriotism which are the highest priority for successful representative football.

Have a two or 3 round knock out competition every two year with the two teams left playing a 3 game series as per NRL play the following year.

Also Get rid of ACT out of the NSW/ACT name, just call it NSW. Just let the ACT players play for NSW.

Like NRL play AFL Country players versus AFL City players, and play it in a regional centre every year. Could be played the same weekend as the other SoA games.

It's a big fail of the AFL not to have SoA... NRL has picked it up and made it a great thing.

As for the non-traditional AFL states.. getting those states involved builds up a history of competition, and over time could become something all players from every state aspire to.

Sorry lots of opinions in one post.

If it wasn't true in the 90s, why would it be true now?
There were rarely series back then, just one-off games. There was the odd carnival, but mostly there was no context.

I do think every second year would be too often for players to buy in. It would need to be every or four or five years, something players might only get a couple of chances to get involved in.
Even then, the clubs are too powerful and it would only be permitted in post-season (if at all) replacing some of the international rules series. And clubs would still send players off for surgery, or falsely claim injury.
Whether the players would buy in or not, the clubs would not and that kills any chance of it happening.

Yeah I don't think the riolis stepped foot inside qld.
It's a combined QLD/NT team. A Queensland only team would probably look like this:

Queensland
FB: C.Budarick (GC), H.Andrews (Bri), R.Thompson (GC)
HB: K.Coleman (Bri), A.Aliir (PA), L.Weller (GC)
C: J.Bowes (GC), B.Keays (Ade), B.Scott (NM)
HF: C.Cameron (Bri), M.Chol (GC), B.Coleman (Bri)
FF: E.Hipwood (Bri), C.Dixon (PA), A.Sexton (GC)
FOL: T.Hickey (Syd), D.Zorko (Bri), A.Davies (GC)
INT: B.Preuss (GWS), T.Fullarton (Bri), L.Keeffe (GWS), W.Ashcroft (San)

It's a combined QLD/NT team. A Queensland only team would probably look like this:

Queensland
FB: C.Budarick (GC), H.Andrews (Bri), R.Thompson (GC)
HB: K.Coleman (Bri), A.Aliir (PA), L.Weller (GC)
C: J.Bowes (GC), B.Keays (Ade), B.Scott (NM)
HF: C.Cameron (Bri), M.Chol (GC), B.Coleman (Bri)
FF: E.Hipwood (Bri), C.Dixon (PA), A.Sexton (GC)
FOL: T.Hickey (Syd), D.Zorko (Bri), A.Davies (GC)
INT: B.Preuss (GWS), T.Fullarton (Bri), L.Keeffe (GWS), W.Ashcroft (San)

Thanks mate still looks good enough to me. I thought Tom Green grew up in Townsville and moved when he was 10, he would strengthen that midfield.

I would have it as stated earlier, that it's a QLD team, but any player from the N.T that has lived in QLD can nominate to represent them as N.T born players don't have an opportunity to play rep footy. I reckon that would add a good 4 or 5 players that would add a bit of extra quality. Off the top of my head, May, Z. Bailey, Jeffrey, Rosas.

The NT players should be in this group like the Crows in the AFLW or I wouldn’t waste my time watching this trash. Live in SA from NT and don’t care about SOO unless it’s rugby.

If not for work I would leave this dump of a state. Truly horrendous place to build a life for yourself.
You live in SA? What makes it horrendous?

You live in SA? What makes it horrendous?
How can a city with over 1 million people still feel like I live in the bush. Live a 15 min drive from Adelaide Oval and it feels more like a massive town. Rather live in Darwin

Adelaide is the place where people come to die and anyone in my age range eventually takes off. I’m glad I found a few mates because it’s virtually impossible to make some if you didn’t attend school here.

How can a city with over 1 million people still feel like I live in the bush. Live a 15 min drive from Adelaide Oval and it feels more like a massive town. Rather live in Darwin

Adelaide is the place where people come to die and anyone in my age range eventually takes off. I’m glad I found a few mates because it’s virtually impossible to make some if you didn’t attend school here.
God you would hate urban Melbourne, it's a monster Although, nobody comes here to die.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back