Inclusive of the VFL/AFL years as of 2023 which team is #1?

Who is #1?

• Carlton

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely not Collingwood who won most of their flags under the antiquated, ludicrous "Challenge" system which the league used prior to 1931

Really, those premierships shouldn't be counted.
Darn those Pies for winning premierships within the rules of the game

Some teams seem to have struggled transition to AFL, Geelong hawthorn bulldogs took a while.

All while teams outside vic feel hard done by

It’s hawthorn. Hawthorn is the club I’m most jealous of.

I believe my club is in the mix having set some win/loss records in an equalised comp that will perhaps never be broken, won 4 comps in a protracted period, never ever been far from competing, and made 10 grand finals in a little over 30 years. But we aren’t near Hawthorn.

Definitely not Collingwood who won most of their flags under the antiquated, ludicrous "Challenge" system which the league used prior to 1931

Really, those premierships shouldn't be counted.
Should Hawthorns 2015 flag count when they lost to West Coast in the first final and got a second chance to beat them in the Grand Final? Maybe we should have the 2003 flag awarded as we beat Brisbane in the first final and they got a second challenge in the granny

Has to be Collingwood and quite comfortably. Most minor premierships, most second place finishes, least wooden spoons.

Premiers:

Carlton 16
Collingwood 16
Essendon 16

Runner ups:
Collingwood 27
Essendon 14
Carlton 13

Minor premierships:
Collingwood 20
Essendon 17
Carlton 17

Wooden spoons:
Collingwood 2
Essendon 5
Carlton 5
Amazing to think that Collingwood got their wooden spoons winning 6 and 4 games respectively. No other side has ever won so many games and finished last. Even in 1999, pies had a % of 85 which I think is the highest ever for a bottom placed team. They actually did an anti 2022/2023 and lost heaps of close games ironically lol and won none. Pies have never been close to having a season like WCE or North have had recently.

Back