The rankings (from best to worst) of the 127 VFL/AFL premiership teams

Remove this Banner Ad

So says a person attempting to boast about wins his team had 2 generations before he was born. Laughable.

So, the history of clubs does not count. Wow what a horrible attitude to have. Unless you see it, it didn't happen. No wonder your club has never progressed to be a national powerhouse like Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon and you have been stuck as a nice little local club.

If anyone wants to rank the Richmond dynasty v the Collingwood flag this season then surely the comings and goings of Oleg Markov must be considered.

Across the four seasons of Richmond’s triple triumphs he could only manage 15 games and zero finals. He never strung together more than four games in a row.

By the time Collingwood rose to the top the league had diminished in skill and talent so much so that Oleg Markov was now capable of playing 23 consecutive games culminating in a flag. This occurred after playing 28 games at Gold Coast.

The only inference that can be made here is that the Collingwood 2023 flag is far closer to a Gold Coast like performance than what most other premierships are.

So says a person attempting to boast about wins his team had 2 generations before he was born. Laughable.
my brother remembered he was a Richmond supporter a few years back and was all over it. This year he's lost interest and says
If anyone wants to rank the Richmond dynasty v the Collingwood flag this season then surely the comings and goings of Oleg Markov must be considered.

Across the four seasons of Richmond’s triple triumphs he could only manage 15 games and zero finals. He never strung together more than four games in a row.

By the time Collingwood rose to the top the league had diminished in skill and talent so much so that Oleg Markov was now capable of playing 23 consecutive games culminating in a flag. This occurred after playing 28 games at Gold Coast.

The only inference that can be made here is that the Collingwood 2023 flag is far closer to a Gold Coast like performance than what most other premierships are.
or that Richmond couldn't coach him

And I am also boasting about a Premiership win about 6 weeks ago. Can you do that?

It was not that long ago I was boasting about my club winning a flag 6 weeks later.

Only it happened 3 times. As you so ineloquently put it, come back and talk to me when your club wins a couple more. Until then, there are plenty enough teams who have won a single Grand Final in this century for you to talk to. :)

my brother remembered he was a Richmond supporter a few years back and was all over it. This year he's lost interest and says

or that Richmond couldn't coach him
Craig McRae was the 2IC at Richmond when Oleg was there. Face it, he got plenty of chances but just wasn’t good enough until the standard dropped.

It was not that long ago I was boasting about my club winning a flag 6 weeks later.

Only it happened 3 times. As you so ineloquently put it, come back and talk to me when your club wins a couple more. Until then, there are plenty enough teams who have won a single Grand Final in this century for you to talk to. :)
how far have the tigers dropped if they cant make top 8 in a second rate comp? jesus. sack the board time

I know what you mean, we have only won 16 of them.

In this thread , Richmond supporters big mad they ain't the reigning premiers. Can we get back to the topic of Essington 2000 being the greatest team there ever will be.
If i remember correctly poor old Dan 26 created this thread not that long after 2000 with a mission to keep his team on top of the list whatever might happen in the future. He created the thread and the criteria by which judgements would be made and commenced defending Essendons position. Now that there are people in universities who weren't even born when that happened and who have never seen essendon as little more than witches hats, a new lens is obviously needed. As much as I'd love to suggest a Pies team, its obvious to me that this would rightly be another Hawks v Cats showdown. Take your pick of the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this thread , Richmond supporters big mad they ain't the reigning premiers. Can we get back to the topic of Essington 2000 being the greatest team there ever will be.
Someone will go through undefeated and win by 100 in the GF one day and they will be The best

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone will go through undefeated and win by 100 in the GF one day and they will be The best

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Geelong 2008 blew it on the day, otherwise they with the 21-1 record would have been the one that Dan would have found hard to promote Essendon above using his metrics.

How do you have a ‘worst’ premiership side? All premierships are hard earned and the winning side was obviously better than the rest and deserved their win.

This obsession with oppo supporters trying to belittle another teams win is just pathetic. Why don’t you all grow up!

How do you have a ‘worst’ premiership side? All premierships are hard earned and the winning side was obviously better than the rest and deserved their win.

This obsession with oppo supporters trying to belittle another teams win is just pathetic. Why don’t you all grow up!
Yeah!

Why do we rank anyone or anything, ever?

It is disgusting!

um. this is big footy . I bet youre always the life of the party :)

With the introduction of Gold Coast and GWS, the standard certainly dropped. You can include our flag this year in that but also all of Richmond's 3 flags in recent times. Both Collingwood and particularly Geelong of 2011 would have destroyed Richmond in their 3 premiership years. You don't need a rubbish Oleg Markov analogy to work that out'

A pity you don't have Oleg anymore, he would probably be captain by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back