The rankings (from best to worst) of the 126 VFL-AFL premiership teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus they lost to Carlton , a team specifically targeted by collingwood supporters as genuine shizen throughout the entire year.
They can't have their cake and eat it too .
Melbourne were softened up in their Qualifying Final by Collingwood, and were therefore ripe for the picking against Carlton.

Melbourne knew that Qualifying Final was all or nothing, so they threw absolutely everything they had at us...

I'm trying to be generous lol.

I will never forget how blatantly robbed the Giants were...
If we had people like Don Scott and Peter Mckenna in the commentary box these days, they would have been saying the same thing during the pies v giants shambles instead of the AFL sponsored toe the company line drones we have now.

Melbourne were softened up in their Qualifying Final by Collingwood, and were therefore ripe for the picking against Carlton.

Melbourne knew that Qualifying Final was all or nothing, so they threw absolutely everything they had at us...
Na they're right this premiership SUCKED, hopefully the other two of this threepeat are more dominant 🤞

The only premier in recent memory that lost 3 of their last 5 home and away games.
Who cares? Why try harder than you need to and risk injury? You play for home finals, and the Pies had that wrapped up with 6 weeks to go.
Beat a very inaccurate Melbourne by 7 pts after taking one of their prime ball users out in the first 10 mins of the game.
Melbourne win the game on predicted score.
Expected score hahaha. Thought you were better than that. Brayshaw isn't a prime user and would have lobbed the footy up to our defenders all night like his mates did. Anyone who seriously thinks Melbourne should have won is a nuffie. You can't kick the footy to the opposition all night and cry you had poor luck.
Beat the 7th ranked team by 1 point after the umpires put the whistle away and subsequently missed about 5-6 obvious free kicks to the giants.
Giants win the game on predicted score.
Predicted score again... yawn.
Beat a Brisbane team by 4 points, a Brisbane team that has won 1 game on the mcg in their last 5 years or so. A team denied the chance to win the game late by an atrocious umpiring decision… again.

Total lowest aggregate winning margin across their 3 finals games by any premier in living memory.
Pies robbed all day by the umpires, but one 50/50 in the last minute has rewritten the history books.

Lowest aggregate margin across 3 finals... again who cares? Why try harder than you need to. Players, coaches and supporters all knew it would be a cakewalk and wanted to save their energy for the celebrations. All three oppositions we played we had in the palms of our hands.

Now we’re hearing from Pies fans “why try harder?”… I look forward to Dan26 taking this on-board and marking down Essendon 2000 because they tried too hard.

Dear Fadge ,
Collingwood lost to Carlton.
Fadge doesn't rate Carlton.
Fadge thinks Carlton are crap.
Good , or even the better premiership sides would not have dropped 5 games for the year.
Good side Collingwood, but not great enough to be up there in the rankings of elite premiership sides

The best is old mate Fadge trying to denigrate the Tigers dynasty, and next thing you know you have the pies nuffs telling us all how good this team is after a total aggerate winning margin in their 3 finals by 12 points. This after playing 4th, 7th and a brisbane team that hasn't won at the MCG since Fitzroy was around. lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am being a little bit cheeky but I do honestly think Brisbane choked a bit here.

Respect to the Pies, they still had to win it, and they did so with Murphy down, and McStay's replacement MIA.
Hill incredible in the first half, Pendlebury and Sidebottom staunch in the last.

But gee-whiz. That was pretty bloody far from Brisbane's best. A few had actual season-worst games when it mattered.

I am being a little bit cheeky but I do honestly think Brisbane choked a bit here.

Respect to the Pies, they still had to win it, and they did so with Murphy down, and McStay's replacement MIA.
Hill incredible in the first half, Pendlebury and Sidebottom staunch in the last.

But gee-whiz. That was pretty bloody far from Brisbane's best. A few had actual season-worst games when it mattered.
There are a few moments they would like back, but not many of them had played in front of a seriously big crowd before

Learnt some lessons and I'll be shocked if they don't come out roaring next year

Unsure exactly what a choke looks like.
However will defer to you as a Port supporter and therefore an expert given your 07 experience vs Cats.

Unsure exactly what a choke looks like.

However will defer to you as a Port supporter and therefore an expert given your 07 experience vs Cats.
I am a Melbourne supporter. I would say the Qualifying Final, having 30+ more inside 50's and still somehow losing the game is a bit chokey. Missing goals from 10 metres in front, my club is good at that too, that is choking.

Re: Port Adelaide, yeah 2021 preliminary final was a MASSIVE choke. 2007 GF not so much, they just got battered by an all-time great team.

Learnt some lessons and I'll be shocked if they don't come out roaring next year
Maybe. They've been up for a really long time though, 4 or 5 years I think it is of Top 4 finishes, it wouldn't surprise me if they're a bit burned out and consequently have a down year.

No matter though, despite being up for a long time they have a lot of upside still.

I am a Melbourne supporter. I would say the Qualifying Final, having 30+ more inside 50's and still somehow losing the game is a bit chokey. Missing goals from 10 metres in front, my club is good at that too, that is choking.

Re: Port Adelaide, yeah 2021 preliminary final was a MASSIVE choke. 2007 GF not so much, they just got battered by an all-time great team.
Apologies my bad, was looking at your other teams supported and thought it ironic, not directed at MFC.

On a side note, does it pi55 you and other demons supporters of that you have ChristianBoy masquerading as a Melbourne supporter polluting game day threads on BF ?

The best is old mate Fadge trying to denigrate the Tigers dynasty, and next thing you know you have the pies nuffs telling us all how good this team is after a total aggerate winning margin in their 3 finals by 12 points. This after playing 4th, 7th and a brisbane team that hasn't won at the MCG since Fitzroy was around. lol
A Collingwood team that was 10 goals worse than this one beat Richmond when they were at the absolute top of their game in the only final we played against them during their 'dynasty'.

A Collingwood team that was 10 goals worse than this one beat Richmond when they were at the absolute top of their game in the only final we played against them during their 'dynasty'.
Oh boy… yes we also beat the hawks during their dynasty years, must have meant we were the better team.

If ever a team has “one and done” about them, it’s this pies outfit.

In a Preliminary Final in a year they won the minor premiership?
I don’t get your point fadge?
Carlton beat Essendon in the 99 prelim, did that mean the bombers side of 2000 wasn’t any good?
I’d have thought responding to that loss by going back2back was pretty good no?
Feel happy that your win that night stopped us winning 4 in a row.

This Collingwood team can’t beat anyone by 10 goals, 12 point aggregate margin attests to that.

This is the same team that beat the tigers of 2023 by a whopping 14 points at your peak.

What a powerhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back