Which is the best team of the 21st century?

Which is the best team of the 21st century?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Essendon and Collingwood not div 1 opponents?
You don't get it....

Teams that are good enough to qualify for too many finals series, regardless of how many flags they have won, cannot be Div 1. Finals opponents because they lose too many finals...

If you're not going to win the premiership, you've got to fail to qualify for finals to ensure your status as a 'Div 1 finals opponent'.

Oh, and the world began at the start of the 'TV Era'.

That's how it works in Meteoric Rise's weirdass world.

Essendon at 1 Grand Final win per 8 finals losses in the TV era are a Div 1 finals club.

Collingwood, most definitely not. 2 Grand Final wins and about 50 finals losses in the TV era firmly entrenches them as a TV era Div 2 finals team. And this is a picture of what it took to get them to win the 2023 Grand Final, Preliminary final and Qualifying Final:

Had to be absolutely carried over the line...

giphy.gif

Gimp flag.

1704493511258.jpeg

At least it wasn't one of those plastic Covid Cups that no one cares about.

You don't get it....

Teams that are good enough to qualify for too many finals series, regardless of how many flags they have won, cannot be Div 1. Finals opponents because they lose too many finals...

If you're not going to win the premiership, you've got to fail to qualify for finals to ensure your status as a 'Div 1 finals opponent'.

Oh, and the world began at the start of the 'TV Era'.

That's how it works in Meteoric Rise's weirdass world.

You are always looking at the negative side of things fadge. You will end up with a peptic ulcer.

The Div 1 teams are the teams who when they qualify for finals they know what they are doing and they get it done at the highest rate. You will notice these are coincidentally also the teams who have won the most Grand Finals in the period in question.

When you are Collingwood, and you win 2 Grand Finals in the TV era and clog the finals system many many other times, then you are not going to be seen as a great performing team in finals by any system, are you. This is why Collingwood are firmly entrenched in Division 2.

No, I really dont care about it, or the 2021 one.

View attachment 1882524

One of the rare breed of people who goes around talking about all the things they don't care about all the time. Intriguing.

That is one of the great photo bombs but Peter Moore by the way, that is out there forever him fighting off security guards and ignoring all protocols in a desperate bid to finally lift a premiership Cup. Someone should have told him it is a gimp flag to get him to settle the * down a bit.

One of the rare breed of people who goes around talking about all the things they don't care about all the time. Intriguing.

That is one of the great photo bombs but Peter Moore by the way, that is out there forever him fighting off security guards and ignoring all protocols in a desperate bid to finally lift a premiership Cup. Someone should have told him it is a gimp flag to get him to settle the * down a bit.
Yeah, whatever. You're just trying, in vain, to deflect from the fact that your last flag doesn't count, and you are sliding back into the abyss in which you belong.

Yeah, whatever. You're just trying, in vain, to deflect from the fact that your last flag doesn't count, and you are sliding back into the abyss in which you belong.

Mate, even your gimp flag counts, they all count, so I don't know where you get that idea from.

Come to think of it, where exactly did you get that idea from, that certain flags don't "count?"

Mate, even your gimp flag counts, they all count, so I don't know where you get that idea from.

Come to think of it, where exactly did you get that idea from, that certain flags don't "count?"
No one cares about the Covid Years. They only played to keep the comp going & everyone employed. Most of the players didn't want to be there. Massive asterisk against both of them.

No one cares about the Covid Years. They only played to keep the comp going & everyone employed. Most of the players didn't want to be there. Massive asterisk against both of them.

You care so little about them it is all you ever seem to post about. :)

Whatever, Richmond won flags under all sorts of conditions and finals at all sorts of venues with no help from the umpires, and won them all by decent margins to remove all doubt as to who was the best team.

Collingwood won a gimp flag by a total of 12 points across 3 of the most umpire assisted finals you could ever wish to witness. It seems you think I should go around pretending I don't care about that. :tearsofjoy:

You care so little about them it is all you ever seem to post about. :)

Whatever, Richmond won flags under all sorts of conditions and finals at all sorts of venues with no help from the umpires, and won them all by decent margins to remove all doubt as to who was the best team.

Collingwood won a gimp flag by a total of 12 points across 3 of the most umpire assisted finals you could ever wish to witness. It seems you think I should go around pretending I don't care about that. :tearsofjoy:
You seem obsessed with our magnificent 16th Premiership victory.

Never mind, just pop on the DVD of your magnificent Covid Cup victory. Or maybe the DVD of the worst Grand Final ever played, 2019. That'll make you feel better.
1704499121956.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem obsessed with our magnificent 16th Premiership victory.

Never mind, just pop on the DVD of your magnificent Covid Cup victory. Or maybe the DVD of the worst Grand Final ever played, 2019. That'll make you feel better.
View attachment 1882542

Ok that is good. I am trying to give the impression of being obsessed with Collingwood's gimp flag.

I find pretending to not care is over-rated whilst pretending to be obsessed is, on the whole, very under-rated.

Indeed.

Richmond supporters are accustomed to multiple decades of mediocrity at a time, failing to contend, being laughed at by all and sundry, supporters spitting at their coaches and dumping truckloads of manure at the entrance of their training facilities.

They know it's inevitable. The only question we all have is whether they are 3 years into a 2, 3 or 4 decade period of irrelevancy.

Indeed.

Richmond supporters are accustomed to multiple decades of mediocrity at a time, failing to contend, being laughed at by all and sundry, supporters spitting at their coaches and dumping truckloads of manure at the entrance of their training facilities.

They know it's inevitable. The only question we all have is whether they are 3 years into a 2, 3 or 4 decade period of irrelevancy.

We have had the 2nd most flags since the 60s 🤣🤣

The world according to Mediocrity Rise. Only he could come up with the concept of "divisionalisation" of premierships based on criteria that he has invented and only he understands.

Last edited:
My god man you don’t read, I included footage as “seeing it”. It must be a cats supporter thing cause none of you know wtf you are talking about.

Oh right so something happening before you were born and then watching it 60 years later is as good as experiencing it on the day when it comes to the elation of a flag win and getting to brag about it as though you kicked the winning goal and actually had some role in it and bragging about it to other football followers and living vicariously through people who are better at football than you 😂😂😂

But gleaning knowledge through looking at incontrovertible fact doesn’t work the same way

Oh right so something happening before you were born and then watching it 60 years later is as good as experiencing it on the day when it comes to the elation of a flag win and getting to brag about it as though you kicked the winning goal and actually had some role in it and bragging about it to other football followers and living vicariously through people who are better at football than you

But gleaning knowledge through looking at incontrovertible fact doesn’t work the same way

Emotion clouds judgement. This is clearly shown by you. I’m going with the AFL expert panel on this one mate not you. Sorry.

Emotion clouds judgement. This is clearly shown by you. I’m going with the AFL expert panel on this one mate not you. Sorry.

Yeah sorry but what I’m showing is that knowledge enables judgement.

The fact that you think a bunch of blokes running around in yellow and black 60 years before you were born kicking an oval leather ball through a set of posts means jack s**t because you WATCHED footage of it tells me that you are in fact someone who lets emotion cloud your judgement of how they asses facts and history.

You can go with whoever the hell you like.

Essentially disputing that something is of value or consequence because you are too young to have seen it happen is telling the world you’re a simpleton, basically.

Back