Who is the best Key Defender of the 21st Century?

Who is the best Key Defender of the 21st Century?

• Matthew Scarlett

Votes: 169 61.2%
  • Alex Rance

Votes: 71 25.7%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 24 8.7%
  • Darren Glass

Votes: 12 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine how flat Richmond supporters will be when some campaigner in 2075 turns out to be the actual GOAT and their trying to tell these future flogs how good Rance was 70 years ago

Imagine how flat Richmond supporters will be when some campaigner in 2075 turns out to be the actual GOAT and their trying to tell these future flogs how good Rance was 70 years ago

Reminds me of those Coventry discussions. Thanks for coming around.

Richmond 2011-2016 finals wins = 0

But knock Geelong and Scarlett for reaching a PF

I’m not knocking Scarlett for making a PF …he was worst on ground in a tight loss … sh*t happens. Rance hasn’t exactly escaped criticism for losing EF, has he?

Without any AA teammates:

Scarlett 2000-2006: 3 finals wins, 3 finals losses and best result a PF loss.

Rance 2011-2017: 3 finals wins, 3 finals losses and a flag.

Their achievements as sole AA players is chalk and cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, we were laughing at Noids own goal where he is being critical of a young Scarlett leading a young Cats team to a PF...something sir Alex couldn't do.

Tigers had to wait for Grimes to mature before they enjoyed a finals win.

Maynard avg more disposals, tackles and pressure acts than Rance.

Good pick-up from you, can also add Maynard to the list of key defenders better than sir Alex.

As the sole AA quality defender Scarlett led Cats to a PF and was worst on ground in a tight PF loss. As the sole AA quality defender Rance led Richmond to a Grand Final and was one of the best on ground to break a 37-year Premiership drought.

No amount of commentary can change those facts.

As the sole AA quality defender Scarlett led Cats to a PF and was worst on ground in a tight PF loss. As the sole AA quality defender Rance led Richmond to a Grand Final and was one of the best on ground to break a 37-year Premiership drought.

No amount of commentary can change those facts.

So what are you actually trying to say?

This doesn't change the fact that the majority of posters agree Scarlett was >>>> than Rance, and nothing you say will change that. It's too far gone.

As the sole AA quality defender Scarlett led Cats to a PF and was worst on ground in a tight PF loss.
LoL you bump the thread to bring up PF performances.

Sir Alex has Scarlett's measure for the most embarrassing PF performance.

The sir Alex defensive masterlcass where he gave up 5 marks inside 50 and 5 goals to his direct opponent before half time.

But he still got his 20 disposals, so did well according to the tormented Tiger truth tellers.

LoL you bump the thread to bring up PF performances.

Sir Alex has Scarlett's measure for the most embarrassing PF performance.

The sir Alex defensive masterlcass where he gave up 5 marks inside 50 and 5 goals to his direct opponent before half time.

But he still got his 20 disposals, so did well according to the tormented Tiger truth tellers.
Frig me.

Do these guys actually think before they post?

They'll keep bumping this for eternity, I guess uncomfortable facts are the only sensible reply.

Scarlett has had strong knockout finals (including opponent with less combined goals/assists and disposals than season average) against Lloyd, Hall, Rocca, Westhoff, Welsh, Franklin, Anthony, Kozzy, Dawes and Q.Lynch.

Rance has had strong knockout finals against Patton and Otten/Jenkins.

They'll keep bumping this for eternity, I guess uncomfortable facts are the only sensible reply.

Scarlett has had strong knockout finals (including opponent with less combined goals/assists and disposals than season average) against Lloyd, Hall, Rocca, Westhoff, Welsh, Franklin, Anthony, Kozzy, Dawes and Q.Lynch.

Rance has had strong knockout finals against Patton and Otten/Jenkins.
Yes. Picture the year 2029 - Scarlett is still front and centre in all discussions about the best key defender since the turn of the century, and Rance is all but forgotten.

But in this poll, Rance finally overtakes Scarlett, courtesy of Falcon's 147th alias, with MR continuing to recruit all new Richmond supporting posters to the thread.

Post #14749 of the thread, from MR - 'Meow, Fadge and Dopple, the world has finally come to the realisation that Sir Alex is numero uno - you can't argue with the BigFooty Poll!'

Yes. Picture the year 2029 - Scarlett is still front and centre in all discussions about the best key defender since the turn of the century, and Rance is all but forgotten.

But in this poll, Rance finally overtakes Scarlett, courtesy of Falcon's 147th alias, with MR continuing to recruit all new Richmond supporting posters to the thread.

Post #14749 of the thread, from MR - 'Meow, Fadge and Dopple, the world has finally come to the realisation that Sir Alex is numero uno - you can't argue with the BigFooty Poll!'
Old man's bucket list #1:

"Let the records show that after 3 harrowing years I did in fact out debate those fellows down to a Scarlett 54%, Rance 33% lead".

Great to see you already making your excuses well in advance Fadge. Such a pleasure to do you slowly. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back