Who is the best Key Defender of the 21st Century?

Who is the best Key Defender of the 21st Century?

• Matthew Scarlett

Votes: 169 61.2%
  • Alex Rance

Votes: 71 25.7%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 24 8.7%
  • Darren Glass

Votes: 12 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge was one of my favourite players.

So was Pavlich.

And Williams.

And Matera.

And Carey.

Houli did more damage in finals against Geelong than Rance and I was always a big fan. I've always had a lot of time for Cotchin and what he did for the Tigers. Likewise Martin, I just don't think he's a GOAT contender.

Another horrific failure of a post from you.

"This person can only disagree with me if they are salty" - Prime BigFooty chimp response.
And if Rance played in the 2019 and 2020 finals he would have destroyed Geelong yet again, Hawkins struggled against Rance

And if Rance played in the 2019 and 2020 finals he would have destroyed Geelong yet again, Hawkins struggled against Rance
Sometimes people with learning disabilities find it helpful for things to be repeated a second time.

So was Pavlich.

And Williams.

And Matera.

And Carey.

Houli did more damage in finals against Geelong than Rance and I was always a big fan. I've always had a lot of time for Cotchin and what he did for the Tigers. Likewise Martin, I just don't think he's a GOAT contender.

"This person can only disagree with me if they are salty" - Prime BigFooty chimp response.

Sometimes people with learning disabilities find it helpful for things to be repeated a second time.

So was Pavlich.

And Williams.

And Matera.

And Carey.

Do doubt you've had hundreds of post crying about Dusty too

Do doubt you've had hundreds of post crying about Dusty too
Sometimes people with learning disabilities find it helpful for things to be repeated a third time.

So was Pavlich.

And Williams.

And Matera.

And Carey.

Sometimes people with learning disabilities find it helpful for things to be repeated a third time.

So was Pavlich.

And Williams.

And Matera.

And Carey.

Peak meltdown

Peak meltdown
You're still really struggling, aren't you mate?

I've never seen someone who can't comprehend such basic information before.

The sad thing is you would actually engage in this loop for a hundred plus posts. Rather than accept that yet another one of your poorly conceived ideas has absolutely no merit.

Geelong supporters are very fragile over anything involving Richmond
It's actually far more fragile to chase supporters around and shriek "triggered!" because their views lay with the majority in how their players are rated.

You've been case in point on that one. It's been truly amusing to watch you stumble over and over again.

It's actually far more fragile to chase supporters around and shriek "triggered!" because their views lay with the majority in how their players are rated.

You've been case in point on that one. It's been truly amusing to watch you stumble over and over again.
The majority would rate Rance as a all time great defender, you're the one with hundreds of post trying to claim otherwise

The majority rate Scarlett >> Rance and that's what we should accept. Replying to the melters and their desperate attempts to claim otherwise doesn't change much.
And I rate Scarlett as a all time great defender who I rate along with Rance as the best I've seen, find one negative thing I've said about Scarlett in this thread, I only defend Rance from clueless fragile Geelong supporters who can't cope with anyone rating anyone above Scarlett

And I rate Scarlett as a all time great defender who I rate along with Rance as the best I've seen, find one negative thing I've said about Scarlett in this thread, I only defend Rance from clueless fragile Geelong supporters who can't cope with anyone rating anyone above Scarlett
This is quite ironic given this thread has largely gotten so big from the same three Richmond supporters ridiculing and diminshing Scarlett as an attempt to rank Rance higher.

There's been Pies, Hawks, Eagles etc supporters who have rubbished such claims. Not every disagreement is based around a vendetta against Richmond. There is a consistent theme in Richmond supporters "needing" neutrals to change their opinions to Rance > Scarlett, Riewoldt > Hawkins and Martin > Ablett etc - and if they don't, there's a conspiracy theory about AA selections or the media conning the innocent minds of the average football fan.

Rance was a great player. Acknowledging other great defenders, or preferring the universally acclaimed best defender, doesn't mean Rance was a scrub. He had weaknesses though such as lack of longevity and not many great finals, and these have been pointed out when certain Tigers fans have mocked other players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is quite ironic given this thread has largely gotten so big from the same three Richmond supporters ridiculing and diminshing Scarlett as an attempt to rank Rance higher.

There's been Pies, Hawks, Eagles etc supporters who have rubbished such claims. Not every disagreement is based around a vendetta against Richmond. There is a consistent theme in Richmond supporters "needing" neutrals to change their opinions to Rance > Scarlett, Riewoldt > Hawkins and Martin > Ablett etc - and if they don't, there's a conspiracy theory about AA selections or the media conning the innocent minds of the average football fan.

Rance was a great player. Acknowledging other great defenders, or preferring the universally acclaimed best defender, doesn't mean Rance was a scrub. He had weaknesses though such as lack of longevity and not many great finals, and these have been pointed out when certain Tigers fans have mocked other players.
And as I said have I said anything negative about Scarlett in this thread?

And as I said have I said anything negative about Scarlett in this thread?
No but the above context explains anything "anti Rance" you have seen more than some "Rance made you cry" theory. It is mostly tit for tat from the Noid/MR/Falcon triumvirate approach of "strip down and ridicule champions, because this Richmond champion was obviously better".

And yes I wonder why I engage sometimes. Falling for the bait is a bit stupid.

Geelong supporters tend to get a little bitter about players who humiliated their club in finals

Do we?

To this day I take my hat off to Nick Davis. I was at the ground and 40,000 people made sure I knew all about what just happened but I’m still in awe what took place.

Luke Hodge was a freak, so was Martin, and what Gawn did to us in the prelim a few years ago was amazing and I have no issue with any of those players. Hodge in particular is one of my favourite ever non Cats players. Quit with the diagnosis s**t

Doing stunningly well here the Scarlett shills. They have taken over the responsibility for arguing a case that had 80% of people in agreement and successfully argued it down to where only 60% of people are in agreement.

And yet the funniest thing is despite the poll progress clearly showing how unconvincing their arguments are....they keep doubling down with the same unconvincing rubbish.

Long may it continue, but if you are trying to beat a murder rap, don't hire Meow, Fadge or Doppleganja as your defence team, you will get 10 consecutive life sentences commuted to death by hanging. :tearsofjoy:

Doing stunningly well here the Scarlett shills. They have taken over the responsibility for arguing a case that had 80% of people in agreement and successfully argued it down to where only 60% of people are in agreement.

And yet the funniest thing is despite the poll progress clearly showing how unconvincing their arguments are....they keep doubling down with the same unconvincing rubbish.

Long may it continue, but if you are trying to beat a murder rap, don't hire Meow, Fadge or Doppleganja as your defence team, you will get 10 consecutive life sentences commuted to death by hanging. :tearsofjoy:
Another daily update and crow about Scarlett having well over double the votes.

Given you have begged Richmond supporters to come over and vote and that tribe are sad enough to create burner accounts, it's actually making you look sadder and sadder each day. Lucky that list of voters is invisible, eh? ;)

This is what geriatrics do for kicks these days?

Never change MR.

Another daily update and crow about Scarlett having well over double the votes.

Given you have begged Richmond supporters to come over and vote and that tribe are sad enough to create burner accounts, it's actually making you look sadder and sadder each day. Lucky that list of voters is invisible, eh? ;)

This is what geriatrics do for kicks these days?

Never change MR.

Meow never learns...:tearsofjoy:

If Meow lies and gets away with it, why would he stop lying? If he lies and everyone knows he is lying well that would be enough to tell most people to stop lying. But at the point where everyone knows he knows that they know he is lying, even the most committed of liars is resorting to the truth at that point. But not Meow. :)

Last edited:
Meow never learns...:tearsofjoy:

If Meow lies and gets away with it, why would he stop lying? If he lies and everyone knows he is lying well that would be enough to tell most people to stop lying. But at the point where everyone knows he knows that they know he is lying, even the most committed or liars is resorting to the truth at that point. But not Meow. :)
Another shambles of a rant.

I keep wondering why an 80 year old speaks like a 12 year old. But as a heads up, only an imbecile brags about their opinion being outvoted by more than double.

A "moral victory" more befitting a Pom in an Ashes series. At least they drew.

We'll be hearing about "Tier 1 and Tier 2" voters next, or votes exclusive to February 2024. Desperation can be a cruel thing.

Another shambles of a rant.

I keep wondering why an 80 year old speaks like a 12 year old. But as a heads up, only an imbecile brags about their opinion being outvoted by more than double.

A "moral victory" more befitting a Pom in an Ashes series. At least they drew.

We'll be hearing about "Tier 1 and Tier 2" voters next, or votes exclusive to February 2024. Desperation can be a cruel thing.

Well just keep wondering out loud Meow, because somehow in doing so it seems you are enlightening people to vote for Rance and not Scarlett. :)

Please, don’t encourage Mediocrity Rise!

Well just keep wondering out loud Meow, because somehow in doing so it seems you are enlightening people to vote for Rance and not Scarlett. :)
Every update you give us music to my ears, so please continue.

In the Dusty thread we never reduced you to these kinds of hilarious lows.

Interesting to note you neither denied the age or the childish rhetoric of your posts.

By your own definition that is "Tier 2" kind of posting.

Back