AFL TARGETED HIRD

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, it seems pretty obvious the AFL was out to get Hird.

My question is - was it without reason? I think not. The AFL did see him as the man to get, but for good reason I think.

Anyway, he's long gone, Essendon fans should concentrate on the fantastic coaching of Worsfold and forgot about the s**t Hird (partly) put the club through.
to hold hird up to blame for everything seeks to absolve everyone and the club culture... it absolves Ian Collins and Wayne Jackson at affal house in the 90s. You really think that footscray's cheat justin charles was the only player to test positive? there were dozens who were complicit at windy hill* and dozems complicit in the industry and affal wide

I would think there would be upwards of dozens of athletes in the 90s and 2000s and 2010 decade that have had positive drug tests covered up. over a dozen, p'raps not more than 25 which would be dozens... but, lots.

And this still presumes that dope testing is equivalent to IQ testing, you can drive a B-double articulated highway train thru the testing protocols... so if there were circa 25 athletes who have had their positives covered up, within this testing paradigm and drug half live(s) and masking and diuretics. only idjits test positive. hence. iq testing.

*not a j'accuse. PEDs are part and parcel of professional sport (professional entertainment)... and go hand in hand like milk and honey.

Storm in a teacup.

It does go to the problem the AFL have with the reality of the whole incident with the Bombers - watch them try to rewrite what happened to whitewash ALL concerned. Try & google claims the VFL was a redneck competition as Andy D told the world, its been deleted as has the media commentary on his speech.

Masterful manipulation by the AFL AGAIN, fair dinkum ...

Am I wrong or does the OP seem a Hird fanboy who would have preferred the players were left on the hook so his hero could survive. I understand the AFL were doing it in their own interests but surely the spin off was the club was to suffer less if successful.

Instead, OP up in arms that the club / players were being saved and not Hird. A bit like throwing AFL under the bus for giving them a heads up.
Bingo.

set up to fall may be an overreach.

p'raps it was closed ranks of made men. see: a MaddAdam post

it was expedience. if everyone took a charge, the dominoes would keep on falling and would not be stopping at just Dank and Hird and Charters and Corcoran. Robson and Evans and Demetriou escape relatively* unscathed, with their reputations intact.

*relatively. He could have been destroyed like Hird. I dont think he was set-up to fall, this saga and embroglio (thats we an e evo :p) this saga and embroglio needed the petard to hoist**

the story lost any discreet detail where one source was gonna control it. The story had its own legs and momentum. RandomDents you may say, this qualifies as being set up to fall. No, they story had its own legs. The powerful in charge needed to manage this away. They failed. But they gave a few scalps. Evans tried to save Hird, but was boxed in to a no win scenario and he ended up having to choose to save his own skin so he could operate and David Evans David Evans and Partners David Evans, Weres and Goldmans and Melbourne establishment alumnus.

**hoisted by one's own petard praps does not work to be deconstructed and use herein. torturing metaphors Torching Towns, Hankerin Homes
View attachment 281360

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hird-to-have-his-say.1121303/page-39#post-42661539
Hird cottoned on to the Evans - AFL evil axis of managed outcomes, which would have ended in certain EFC "admissions", which Hird found offensive due to the potential torching his reputation would take. Hird did what any narcissistic cornered animal would do: fight back. Sadly, he was standing on the same ethical low ground Evans AFL were on, just at slightly different coordinates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the pimples on the nose few dare talk about.
1990crow "probable"? lol. raise that to certain

Charters, and i use the plural, like Myers, the haberdashery store...

Charters had about 50 clients from the horses mouth. And Wowoedin thanks him on the brownlow medal acceptance speech. Woewodin spelling? who cares.

Don Scott told about doping in the 70s at Glenferrie. The Champion Data founder Ted Hopkins in 1960s Carlton told of being given tablets. 1990crow we will never know, but i reckon ur intution, times it by 100, would be my intuition. not all. NOT all. but since the 80s and 90s, things have escalated precipitously... you reckon dermie had built that barrell chest with the chicken legs in one off-season? #NOTnormal in cycling parlance. and an algorithm would input, a high degree of correlation, a positive correlation wrt barrel chests and the muscles on other parts of body (see: chicken legs)... dont reconcile the chegs to the chest

*Shane Charter
#ShaneCharterFTW

1990crow "probable"? lol. raise that to certain

Charters, and i use the plural, like Myers, the haberdashery store...

Charters had about 50 clients from the horses mouth. And Wowoedin thanks him on the brownlow medal acceptance speech. Woewodin spelling? who cares.

Don Scott told about doping in the 70s at Glenferrie. The Champion Data founder Ted Hopkins in 1960s Carlton told of being given tablets. 1990crow we will never know, but i reckon ur intution, times it by 100, would be my intuition. not all. NOT all. but since the 80s and 90s, things have escalated precipitously... you reckon dermie had built that barrell chest with the chicken legs in one off-season? #NOTnormal in cycling parlance. and an algorithm would input, a high degree of correlation, a positive correlation wrt barrel chests and the muscles on other parts of body (see: chicken legs)... dont reconcile the chegs to the chest

*Shane Charter
#ShaneCharterFTW
I always thought Dermi's chook legs were due to him, you know, rarely doing squats and dead lifts. He struck me as one of those guys that goes to the gym shirtless in his jeans, or baggy board shorts, and never once noticed his pins. Conversely he still can recall his bench press number 25 years later. Is he the human manifestation of Foghorn Leghorn, the large chested thin legged braggart utensil? He had chronic back, hip and leg injuries. Indicative of an imbalanced exercise regime. Note in contrast Judd's later career discovery of pilates, core strength exercise and posture that enabled him to finish in pretty good nick with a couple of extra years on the clock. Hey, that rhymes.

funniest thing, or most curious, they are all alive 30 years later, the fans are all alive, they have their iPhones, and they are still dancin'.
dont they have teeth like shane macgowan tho?

#keepdancin
#manchesterFTW
Contrast The Ramones. I think I'm the last surviving fan. Haven't met another one for years now.

Bez...cracks me up.

Love it in his book when he claims to have had at his house the entire stash of the UK's pills at some point in the 1980s.

iirc he says he had a kick-on after one night at The Haçienda and gave it all away ...

I always thought Dermi's chook legs were due to him, you know, rarely doing squats and dead lifts. He struck me as one of those guys that goes to the gym shirtless in his jeans, or baggy board shorts, and never once noticed his pins. Conversely he still can recall his bench press number 25 years later. Is he the human manifestation of Foghorn Leghorn, the large chested thin legged braggart utensil? He had chronic back, hip and leg injuries. Indicative of an imbalanced exercise regime. Note in contrast Judd's later career discovery of pilates, core strength exercise and posture that enabled him to finish in pretty good nick with a couple of extra years on the clock. Hey, that rhymes.
yeah, derm liked the beach weights.

they still call them "beachies".

bogans

but the game in the 80s and 90s was about upperbody mass. and stick lockett and dunstall one out to lead in the f50.

but Judd was just following Nathan Fyfe who developed the prototype body of an AFL player. ofcourse fuelled by vitamin CJC. In the 2013Janoffseason... CJudd put on about 10lbs of red tissue on his abdomen, buttocks, hammies, and quads. mimicking Fyfe.

You need cjc and some of the mighty mighty SARMs peptides... do get to that torso. He became an extractor like Sydney's Kennedy and Fyfe in Freo alliterationz... he traingulated the sacrifice of his outside speed to get the strength and lower centre of gravity like Kennedy and Fyfe.

Nathan Fyfe still manages to float across marking packs to take great aerial win/mark/possession...

takes enormous work ethic and the androgen/SARMs supplementtation to get those new bodies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back