AFL TARGETED HIRD

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, thanks, it was (unreliable as yet) physical evidence. So, this saga might be revisited in a few years.

Yup, WADA has funded two research projects in this area.

One to establish natural levels of TB4 and similar peptides, and another to distinguish between endogenous vs exogenous TB4 and similar peptides.

The projects started a few months before CAS, so might be while (if ever) before either gets accredited to a reliable enough level to establish use in its own right.

Wonder if Hird actually has a problem with being blamed, after he stepped down, in an effort to reduce the penalties on the players.

Suspect since his coaching career was over he really does not care, if anything would be of the opinion if it helps the players and the club go for it.

And the chemist's assistants signed statement she sent said substance to Dank...

Blah blah blah.

No admissions of guilt, no positive tests, no proof of where the TB4 came from, ASADA offering bribes to witnesses, ASADA changing wording of documents, ASADA offering up what was clearly falsified documents, WADA changing wording to suit.

Blah blah blah.

No admissions of guilt, no positive tests, no proof of where the TB4 came from, ASADA offering bribes to witnesses, ASADA changing wording of documents, ASADA offering up what was clearly falsified documents, WADA changing wording to suit.

Amazing how EFC supporters and WADA/ASADA haters keep bring up falsified documents, yet was not raised once by the defence, nor did the defence try to go court to get the process stopped due to this despite having grounds if true.

As for bribes to witnesses amazing how charter changed his mind about signing a witness statement after speaking to a wealthy Essendon supporter...

Blah blah blah.

Come on Phil.

How do you explain why 34 players didn't mention the injections to Doc Reid.

Blah blah blah.

Need to work on your delivery. Sound like one of those defense lawyers that defend everything because it's their job, without sounding like they believe a word of it themselves.

Need to work on your delivery. Sound like one of those defense lawyers that defend everything because it's their job, without sounding like they believe a word of it themselves.

Oh i believe it, wouldn't bother if i didn't.

As time moves on it will look more and more like the stitch up it was.

You mean as you read Bruce Francis (and like minded people) repeat himself (themselves) more and more? Or recieve leaked info about something that's been public for months?

Last edited:

Seriously you don't. Can spot blokes like you a mile off. Smartest bloke in the room. Ends up being about your vindication and nothing to do with the case at hand.

Seriously you don't. Can spot blokes like you a mile off. Smartest bloke in the room. Ends up being about your vindication and nothing to do with the case at hand.

:thumbsu: It is so comforting having people like yourself tell me what i believe and what i dont.

Wonder if Hird actually has a problem with being blamed, after he stepped down, in an effort to reduce the penalties on the players.

Suspect since his coaching career was over he really does not care, if anything would be of the opinion if it helps the players and the club go for it.

James Hird?

I needed a laugh. Thanks for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blah blah blah.

No positive tests for a substance that has never had a reliable way to be tested for. Don't need to be Einstein to see why that defence is shithouse.

Targeted him so much that when ASADA were knocking, the then CEO went to girds house to warn him

Had hird not been warned, the records that were "all above board" would still be in tact

These emails (if true) are huge.

Not commenting on the 'saga' but Hird was set up to fall by the AFL
set up to fall may be an overreach.

p'raps it was closed ranks of made men. see: a MaddAdam post

it was expedience. if everyone took a charge, the dominoes would keep on falling and would not be stopping at just Dank and Hird and Charters and Corcoran. Robson and Evans and Demetriou escape relatively* unscathed, with their reputations intact.

*relatively. He could have been destroyed like Hird. I dont think he was set-up to fall, this saga and embroglio (thats we an e evo :p) this saga and embroglio needed the petard to hoist**

the story lost any discreet detail where one source was gonna control it. The story had its own legs and momentum. RandomDents you may say, this qualifies as being set up to fall. No, they story had its own legs. The powerful in charge needed to manage this away. They failed. But they gave a few scalps. Evans tried to save Hird, but was boxed in to a no win scenario and he ended up having to choose to save his own skin so he could operate and David Evans David Evans and Partners David Evans, Weres and Goldmans and Melbourne establishment alumnus David qua David Evans.

**hoisted by one's own petard praps does not work to be deconstructed and use herein. torturing metaphors Torching Towns, Hankerin Homes
upload_2016-8-27_13-43-46.jpeg

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hird-to-have-his-say.1121303/page-39#post-42661539
Evans had decided with the AFL that Hird was expendable. That alone would feel like a massive stab in the back to Hird and quite frankly it was. But Evans didn't get to be Evans and Partners David Evans by being a sentimental man. But even more gallingly, Hird could see plain as the ears on the side of his head that the Melbourne establishment, the footy mafia of made men, was closing ranks around Evans already.

Last edited:
Here you go

THE AFL urged the world’s top anti-doping court to acknowledge “the cult of James Hird” in determining the culpability of the Essendon 34.

But the AFL’s attempts to sheet full responsibility for the Essendon drugs debacle away from the players and towards club figures like Hird failed spectacularly after the World Anti-Doping Agency used testimony from Bombers doctor Bruce Reid to help win its case.

Essendon on Friday night confirmed Dr Reid was compelled under AFL rules to give evidence at the Sydney CAS hearing after being called as a WADA witness.

The AFL argued unsuccessfully that the players should have been eligible for discounted “no significant fault or negligence” penalties that would have allowed them to play games this season, regardless of the verdict.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/fabb213b37c70f40cb5055d0f3bbc338

Google for the rest
prima facie admission of guilt when they start to use Hird and Dank as responsible. wait, i thought they were innocent... i thought senior counsel and queens counsel are supposed to not use such fallacies

Why does the cult of Dr Reid never get a mention?

The guy makes teflon look like super glue.
there are two rules in life
i) a woman over 30 should not have hair below her neckline lest she eat organic mutton thinking tis lamb
ii) a man over 30 should never be seen in a tracksuit. *
Doc Reid a pretty s**t gynecologist just fortunate he had tanya in the stirrups
Doc Reid reminds me of Alan Jones, just not at hyde park gloryholes.
the first DR reference was to the Spanish preparatore Fuentes who indeed is a ob-gyn as well as being one of the most infamous disgraced (cos the media use those adjectives cos only idjit will unnerstan) and Fuentes wife won a gold medal in 1992 Barcelona t&f something like 5k or 1500. no surprise there.

There are one or two caveats for ii)^ *Happy Mondays singer Shaun Ryder and dancer Bez. Anyone from The Streets. And a dealer in Manchester in the 80s and 90s. you gotta mirror ur customers 4 business model strategy
but wrt caveats and disclaimers and asterisks, it is a double FAIL for shell tracksuits shellsuits and leisurewear, you are not the playboy guy hefner, so get dressed. also, no underwear and tracksuit, its time for #KewCottages you can only do this so many times going to Safeways with an s like myers, with you grandfather on saturday at 10am without ur childhood being scarred.

men of any age should not wear lululemon neither. or any yoga clothes. its bullshit straight dope
#poe's_law #misogyny #eufamenioFuentes #TheStreets #Bez #dancing #fitbutuknowit #bittoomuchfaketanbutyeahuscorehigh #61_99 #iamnottryingtopullu #lagerlager . ,wait, is that a line from Underwold or The Streets? anyone?

jenny61_99 medusala evo Contra Mundum
evo my clementine will like this post innit

Last edited:
doc reid wears a tracksuit just as well as the national netball coach
034863-bruce-reid.jpg

someone will mention this... but. sry, not on Figbooty. But if i googles the streets, someone will have to have noticed the director of the clip has made some pretty heavy hanged allusions to hopper's nighthawks painting, transposed to manchester and party drugs and a bus shelter... pretty cool
upload_2016-8-27_15-7-42.jpeg upload_2016-8-27_15-8-1.jpeg

Am I wrong or does the OP seem a Hird fanboy who would have preferred the players were left on the hook so his hero could survive. I understand the AFL were doing it in their own interests but surely the spin off was the club was to suffer less if successful.

Instead, OP up in arms that the club / players were being saved and not Hird. A bit like throwing AFL under the bus for giving them a heads up.

I found the OP strange after reading the article. It didn't quite marry.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious the AFL was out to get Hird.

My question is - was it without reason? I think not. The AFL did see him as the man to get, but for good reason I think.

Anyway, he's long gone, Essendon fans should concentrate on the fantastic coaching of Worsfold and forgot about the s**t Hird (partly) put the club through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back