AFL Women's Grand Final should be held in the top teams State and not as an AFL mens opener.

Remove this Banner Ad

i've made multiple posts on this subject on multiple threads, my thoughts on KMjnr are pretty clear, i'm very happy to move on now and just support the girls this saturday afternoon even though i wont be able to make it to metricon in person.

Look, agree on both points, he's an a_hole and it's now all about the game.

I don't actually care that we are witnessing some theatrics, it goes with the territory, I understand that, I'm just calling it out as a bit of theatrics, when in reality, the AFL got the venue they preferred, without having to state (a 2nd time) that that's what they preferred AND they get to have a dig at cricket and Qld stadium management - win, win.

Or they were still negotiating, perhaps?

If the AFL didn't try booking the Gabba immediately after the Lions secured top spot (four days before the turf was re-sown), then they must share the blame for dilly dallying, and it supports my contention that they didn't really want to play the game at the Gabba (especially when publicly AO and Metricon was already in the mix to stage the game).

Otherwise, first thing Monday morning after the Adele concert, you're booking the Gabba, you are formalising ground availability, presentation of the ground, contractual terms, etc, etc.

At that point, there is minor damage to the three of the seven cricket pitches, but no turf has been re-sown - that's the time to formally book the ground and make sure it's 100% available. That's the point to pick up whether the curator is about to do something stupid (or did he do it under the cover of darkness?)

But the way I read it, the curator has re-sown some turf BEFORE the ground had been formally booked, in which case, what on Earth is the AFL on about? or maybe they are just shedding crocodile tears?

If the AFL didn't try booking the Gabba immediately after the Lions secured top spot (four days before the turf was re-sown), then they must share the blame for dilly dallying, and it supports my contention that they didn't really want to play the game at the Gabba (especially when publicly AO and Metricon was already in the mix to stage the game).

Otherwise, first thing Monday morning after the Adele concert, you're booking the Gabba, you are formalising ground availability, presentation of the ground, contractual terms, etc, etc.

Apologies, you seem to be an expert of booking major stadia. In my ignorance I thought it might be a lot more complex than like, say, booking a squash court. I was wrong, you just get online on a Monday morning, check a couple of boxes and get your credit card out and...just entering the security code....and booked!

At that point, there is minor damage to the three of the seven cricket pitches, but no turf has been re-sown - that's the time to formally book the ground and make sure it's 100% available. That's the point to pick up whether the curator is about to do something stupid (or did he do it under the cover of darkness?)

But the way I read it, the curator has re-sown some turf BEFORE the ground had been formally booked, in which case, what on Earth is the AFL on about?

That they were negotiating the use of the ground for the women's grand final in their game that has contributed most of the attendees to since the turn of the millennium while ground management arbitrarily acted to prioritise ABSOLUTELY the other tenant who weren't playing on it until November without consulting them?

or maybe they are just shedding crocodile tears?

Yes, crocodile tears. They're the tears shed by everyone we deny a human morality to

Was said on the pre-game show tonight, (Eddie I think it was) that Etihad has had 1/3 of the turf replaced after the Adele concert.

.....and guess what, they are playing games there this weekend. Fancy that.

Was said on the pre-game show tonight, (Eddie I think it was) that Etihad has had 1/3 of the turf replaced after the Adele concert.

.....and guess what, they are playing games there this weekend. Fancy that.
You do realise there is a huge difference between replacing turf on a oval and replacing turf on a cricket square.
Two completely different situations. If it was only outfield turf that required replacing at the Gabba then it too would be ready to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back