AFLW GRAND FINAL - 2023 AFLW season - North Melb. vs Brisbane - Sunday, 3 December - 2.30pm AEDT at Ikon Park

Who wins, how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires won the game for the Brions.

Shame but the agenda was set right from the opening bounce.

Better team lost on the day unfairly.

Hate seeing flags having asterisks to them but there we are ...
Simultaneously melting about reffing in the NBA as the umpiring in the AFLW... Give it a rest

To be fair to me, I only really paid close attention to the game after the 15 minute mark of the 3rd quarter (was watching NBA mostly before then)

Seemed to be everything (umpiring wise) went the Lions .

I do come across as probably bitter and a sore loser cause I really wanted North to win. I'll admit that.
So you've made a call after watching about a quarter of a game. No, good insight. :thumbsu:

To be fair to me, I only really paid close attention to the game after the 15 minute mark of the 3rd quarter (was watching NBA mostly before then)

Seemed to be everything (umpiring wise) went the Lions .

I do come across as probably bitter and a sore loser cause I really wanted North to win. I'll admit that.
Imagine complaining about the umpiring in a game you admit you barely paid attention to

Go back to the bay

On SM-A536E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sorry but is this the Herald Sun or North Melbourne’s twitter (or X) page? I find this strange

Definite bias, but it is a Melbourne-based paper after all. I don't really expect them to be impartial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today's crowd of 12,616 brings the 2023 season attendance total to 285,980. Obviously a new AFLW record, easily surpassing last season's tally of 265,917 (which included the farcical 17k figure given for Melb v NM at the MCG).

These are the correct figures, btw. Seen a few different sources that have butchered it this year (while fraudulently claiming to cite the AFL website), but trust me when I say not to trust them.

The AFL trying to mic up a kid and force an awwww moment will never not be a tough watch
100% this.
I just came here to write the same thing. It is so pathetic how they do it.
Hey kid, we will give you this mic, present the medal to a big name player and we want you to say “best game ever”
They do it all the time, we can see only some of them get the big fluffy mics AFL!
You aren’t making them say anything, it’s all off the cuff isn’t it? So authentic!

Alas, not to be for our beloved Roos.

Magnificent season, huge leap forward and hopefully further improvement next season.

Roo fans you were glorious. Gutted we didn't get to unleash in full voice to herald a magnificent victory at the final siren.

Love this team.

Back