1.05pm, Ikon Park
Seven (VIC)

Collingwood v Richmond
3.05pm, Victoria Park
Seven (VIC, SA, WA), 7mate (NSW, QLD)

Fremantle v Sydney
2.05pm AWST, Fremantle Oval
Seven (WA), 7two (NSW)

The AFL must be thrilled with how this season is turning out. What a race we have unfolding before us.

It all starts on Friday night between the Suns and Bombers, two clubs that first bid for an AFLW licence in 2017. The scorching 25 degree weather will apparently assist the Suns, who I'm told are favourites, so they really have no excuses if they lose to Essendon on Friday night.

Hey, speaking of 2017, that was the year Erin Phillips made her AFLW debut on a Saturday afternoon against the GWS Giants (had a rather nervous 15 and 3.3 in a 36-point win). This weekend she'll finish her career in similar style, only this match will be at Alberton Oval rather than Thebarton Oval. Bit of a shame that the Crows play in WA on the same day, as I'm sure the likes of Randall, Marinoff etc. would've wanted to be there and even chair her off one last time.

Maybe Geelong will see their game against Hawthorn as a percentage booster, but I'm not sure finishing 5th would help them more than finishing 6th. Look out for some real feeding of Caitlin Gould in Adelaide's match against West Coast, potentially snatching the Goalkicking Medal at the 11th hour.

I have a feeling Brisbane will bounce back on Saturday night. It's just the way they've been operating all season. Getting the job done when focussed, and they're sure to give the Demons (who were pretty underwhelming last week) their full attention.

St Kilda must now possess the belief they belong in the Top 8, but along with that belief comes the weight of expectation. I'm not convinced the Swans truly believe yet and, nevertheless, going over and beating Fremantle is a tougher assignment (one which the Saints failed).

In the same way the Saints, Bombers and Swans immediately and emphatically responded from bad losses in the back-half of the season, so too I think will the Magpies this weekend.

I'm confused. We want more games, yet star players are being rested in Round 10, which would seem to imply the season is too long. North Melbourne did it last season with Kearney (and Garner also sat out in spirit), Adelaide are doing it this weekend with Randall and Hatchard...

Oh don't get me wrong, as far as pissweak excuses for sitting out games are concerned, resting up ahead of finals ain't nearly as bad as "I don't like the colours of the jumper" (an issue still incompetently handled by the AFL which I, and seemingly nobody else, remain outraged about).

Probably less so resting up, more so in having comfortably secured a top 2 or top 4 spot and unlikely to change away from there they are looking to minimise the risk of injury. Would be about the only thing I can think of.

It'll be interesting to see how you spin it if the Suns win tonight, jump ahead of your team on the ladder and secure a home final (plus likely a top 4 spot) in the process. No doubt you'll find a way to discredit it.
Don't believe the club listed, hates North more than Damian Barrett. :)

The goal posts behind the goal posts are making for excellent viewing here...

Probably less so resting up, more so in having comfortably secured a top 2 or top 4 spot and unlikely to change away from there they are looking to minimise the risk of injury. Would be about the only thing I can think of.
Not sure what the distinction is. If they were in danger of missing top 2 with a loss this weekend, Randall and Hatchard would be playing. Whatever the word is for that, it doesn't exactly scream "we want to play more games".

Oh don't get me wrong, as far as pissweak excuses for sitting out games are concerned, resting up ahead of finals ain't nearly as bad as "I don't like the colours of the jumper" (an issue still incompetently handled by the AFL which I, and seemingly nobody else, remain outraged about).

Believe me, I'm still very unimpressed with it.

Best chance the Suns have of finishing top 4 is Essendon screwing up their travel arrangements, as they've been known to do for games in the middle of nowhere.
The scorching 25 degree weather will apparently assist the Suns, who I'm told are favourites, so they really have no excuses if they lose to Essendon on Friday night.
Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Essendon kicked zero goals in the second half and clearly struggled in the hot/humid conditions. As stated last week, would be karmic if the Roos lose tomorrow and your club misses out on a top 4 spot after your dismissive comments towards the Suns over the last week. Probably won't happen but it'd be karma if it did.

Suns up to 3rd now and pretty likely to finish top 4 given 5th placed Brisbane play 1st placed Melbourne tomorrow. Regardless a home final is guaranteed for the Suns now.

If Collingwood don't make the eight this weekend it will be the first time that more than half of the finalists are expansion clubs. Only Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane are confirmed finalist at this point, while Collingwood need other results to go their way, or win by a big enough margin to jump a few teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teen Wolf I demand an apology. We were too good tonight. Way too good and prove you wrong and us right
Not sure what you want an apology for, matey.

Essendon barely turned up, allowing Gold Coast the best possible chance to win. Hence I tipped GC and said they had no excuses if they lost tonight...

And clearly what I said about Bohanna last week was even further justified tonight. Another truly awful game from the captain.

Not sure what you want an apology for, matey.

Essendon barely turned up, allowing Gold Coast the best possible chance to win. Hence I tipped GC and said they had no excuses if they lost tonight...

And clearly what I said about Bohanna last week was even further justified tonight. Another truly awful game from the captain.
Was a repeat of the West Coast loss tonight's game

Essendon barely turned up, allowing Gold Coast the best possible chance to win.
Gee. I wonder if that had anything to do with the conditions that were more similar to those the Suns are used to. What do ya think?

And yet she's probably captained them to the club's first top 4 finish. Stats don't necessarily tell the whole story when it comes to leadership.

"Respect our bog average team."
..."btw we only won because of the conditions."
-Insecure Suns Cheerleaders

And even when you agree with them, they want an apology!

tbh i rather we miss finals after tonight's performance was a shocking game from us. play like that in finals and it will be a quick exit for Essendon.
Can't see them missing. It'd take sizeable wins from at least 2 of Collingwood, St Kilda and Sydney. Saints' target is only slightly less than Collingwood's, and the Swans' is about 25 points.

At this point, Essendon would gladly take an away final vs Geelong, having knocked off the Cats a month ago.

"Respect our bog average team."
..."btw we only won because of the conditions."
-Insecure Suns Cheerleaders
This "average team" is currently 3rd on the ladder and higher than yours. Who said we only won because of the conditions? I suggested it was a factor in tonight's performance but it wasn't the only factor. Now, let's have a look at what you predicted for the Suns last week:

Here are some other likely results next week imo:

Ess d GC
Geel d Haw
StK d Carl
Coll d Rich

Oh damn, that'd mean Gold Coast miss finals again.
Oh damn. Wrong again, buddy.

Willing to admit it this time or are you just going to continue to ignore your blunders/poor attempts to troll?

Blerg that result means my Saints are in a very tight spot even if they win. Boo... Darn Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back