AFLW Round 8 - 2023 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course they're getting paid to play football on TV and answer questions from the media. If you think that's an "Additional Service", I'm curious what you think their Main Service is.

I guarantee the only reason players agree to be unfairly exploited with mid-game interviews is because broadcasters guilt them into it: "We can't properly promote the league if you aren't going to cooperate with our requests".
Additional Services Allowance is a section of the CBA separate from players core salary in both men's and women's.

It is an extra 100k per club in AFLW, closer to I think a million in the AFLM, and it's a way for high profile players to be paid more beyond their core salaries. Covers things like club promotion and appearances, and I'm speculating that it that it may well include things like those broadcast interviews which are, after all, pretty much extra work.

Additional Services Allowance is a section of the CBA separate from players core salary in both men's and women's.

It is an extra 100k per club in AFLW, closer to I think a million in the AFLM, and it's a way for high profile players to be paid more beyond their core salaries. Covers things like club promotion and appearances, and I'm speculating that it that it may well include things like those broadcast interviews which are, after all, pretty much extra work.
Yes I'm familiar with ASAs. They are payments for appearing in club promotions, or club sponsor promotions. Broadcasters are neither clubs nor club sponsors. And btw for AFLW it's $100k excluding the two players with the biggest deals, for which no limit is set.

What I'm saying is: no, ASAs don't involve payments for doing matchday interviews. Being available for matchday interviews is like point number 2 on every players' job description. It's just a shame the broadcasters feel the need to abuse it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back