Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perkins also spent some time at Redlands.

Not sure that he will be doing the job alone as i believe the club has 3 football mangers including the football manager of Zillmeres last year.
Good on the club for taking him on.

I have heard lots about panters but untill it comes from damo i cant see any truth to it.

Copeland would be a very dominant player in the state league aspley would be doing very well to secure his services. Payne ive never seen play but from all reports, gun midfielder in state league. those two would be great acquisitions to Aspley FC. Evans may be a too old for state league?

Well if Evo is too old to play State league midfield then maybe he could be the target up forward. Has some speed, great set of hands, good below his feet and if you have seen his kicking would make for a good score line. (unlike Geelong)

Perkins also spent some time at Redlands.

Not sure that he will be doing the job alone as i believe the club has 3 football mangers including the football manager of Zillmeres last year.
Good on the club for taking him on.

I have heard lots about panters but untill it comes from damo i cant see any truth to it.

you seem to have a lot of inside info....

i am trying to find out some info, is sandgate in your league, has anyone heard of a rob mcclusky and did he coach up there? what was he like?

Rob was coach in 02 at sandgate.. i think he played a few seasons before that but i was still comin thru 18s and didnt have alot to do with the senior team... pretty hard at it on the field from memory and good speaker at training.

ok it's Oct but i will give you some info let me know how i go in 6 months time
rumours for 2009

The sharks leading goal kicker to move to surfers paradise for a reported 15k salary cap my ass
Mugavin and ward to the panthers
Aspley wooden spoon
D Hawkins from the sharks will be over seas next year
A morrision won't be coaching grange next year
M Davis will be apart of the GC17/u18's in 2009
Ferrit Wilson will shop himslef around but will end up at the panthers
The NT will be top of the table by round 5 but will miss the finals.

and this is the one thing i know is for true is The Bomber's on the coast haven't paid there players for last half of 2008

if anyone else has a rumour put it on here it's good to read, to see what the footy world has to say.
White lo leaveMelbourne and play for Redlands Bombers.
AFL to cost-cut and some high profile AFLQ employees to get the chop.

Mr Davis has been offered with co coaching job at the panthers, good move them to get some players Lucy has spoke to them as well. Aspley are targeting Payne from the eagles as they think he will bring a few with him.

i am trying to find out some info, is sandgate in your league, has anyone heard of a rob mcclusky and did he coach up there? what was he like?

Yeah Sandgate is here mate. Mcclusky was senior coach for like two seasons back like 6-7 years ago. He played prior to that as well. Not to bad a bloke,,,bit full on himself lol

Evans will be 31 next year, the bloke is as pure a footballer as you can find, remember he was the vice captain at Port Melbourne in the VFL not all that long ago. Class footballers like Evans will simply adjust to the senior AFLQ level very simply. They may use him across half back or in the mid field. When he first came to Morningside nearly 10 years ago he was used predominantly as a leading target in the first half of the year. Aspley will need to recruit heavily. Copeland will make a huge difference to the team.

Aspley should have recruited D.Dickfos. They were silly not to, seems to be happy at Sandgate. Wonder if they can afford to pay him. Who will be the coaches at the Hornets?

Heard on the grape vine - Adam Yze possible move to the Hornets.

Aspley should have recruited D.Dickfos. They were silly not to, seems to be happy at Sandgate. Wonder if they can afford to pay him. Who will be the coaches at the Hornets?

Heard on the grape vine - Adam Yze possible move to the Hornets.

More then happy. People forget the Dickfos boys were all Sandgate juniors before moving across to zillmere. Im pretty sure at this stage of his career he is quiet happy playing with family and friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about looking at it another way - what players do clubs need based on their deficiencies.
Do Morningside need a Lucy style player?
Where is Jake Myles in all this - word is Mt Gravatt
Mt Gravatt are about to pull another big ex AFL card just like Southport will the word is.
Have the Magpies got Pasky coming back like the rumours say
When does Ed McDonnell arrive.
Vearing is back at the Vultures - great pick up
Redlands????? any good news

Aspley wont be the poor relation - I agree they will be a power over the next 10 years. Tucker runs a good ship out there - love him or hate him
Doc Tomlinson and Spurr back to Panthers????
Where has Wade Mills ended up?

from all reports things are looking good out sandgate way. Some talk of a thirds team and from what i hear some new recruits already as well with more news to come

I hope Sandgate do better than last year, very dissapointing I thought compare to the talk they did.

Talk????? mate this is a team kicked out of their home ground season before last and with the second youngest side on the park this year did very very well. Consistency at times was lacking but I think your being a bit harsh. Dont worry, things are going a little differently for next season champ and those players recruited will suprise some. that and the fact the money making clubhouse will be back open again early next year will help put the northerners back up the PHC ladder

I hope Sandgate do better than last year, very dissapointing I thought compare to the talk they did.

it wasnt a disspointing year for them last season. god the year before they were getting smashed. i watched them play in the first game of 2007 and nearly got beaten by 200 points. they played well last season. they should have beaten pbc. they went all the way with the maggies. they just ran out of luck. they needed to win there last game by 40 goals to make the finals. well they ran into a red hot hornets side on that day. they had a good year and they could be the team to beat out of the brisbane sides in the phc now that aspley and the maggies are out

yet Damo's point is a valid one. To go from being smashed week in , week out to a team within a dubious penalty kick away from breaking PBC's winning streak, i wouldnt say a disappointing year. Nor would i suggest coming from almost dead last too being within a shot at the finals in the last week with a growing, young team would be considered by many as disappointing. Although i appreciate good opinions, i unfortunately dont subscribe to your theory here.

all i can say is sandgate are a shithole and aspley need to stop baring players after winning a gf. i know one thing one club on the northside will be down about 15 players for the seniors next year after what they have done to players this year.
also on the rumour trail O'Brien will be at the gorillas next but only playing B grade as he will drive back on the weekend.

so boys get your rumours correct as half of the blokes on here are just duds and probably don't even lace there boots up and at least damo can talk facts beacuse he speaks to people he doesn't just write s**t

I don't think sussel's saying that Sandgate had a disappointing year overall, just that in comparison to the talk and arrogance eminating from the place that results didn't quite match up. I agree, although I also acknowledge that the club has done tremendous things to get a side up and fighting for a finals spot.

And I'd expect the same criticism next year if similar events happen at Pumaland.

I don't think sussel's saying that Sandgate had a disappointing year overall, just that in comparison to the talk and arrogance eminating from the place that results didn't quite match up. I agree, although I also acknowledge that the club has done tremendous things to get a side up and fighting for a finals spot.

And I'd expect the same criticism next year if similar events happen at Pumaland.

Im not sure i understand..... you acknowledge the club for having done tremendous things, yet they are still classed as disappointing because people talked them up????????? & arrogance, im unsure how that works lenny, but as usual we will agree to disagree. The difference with your club Lenny, is the fact you werent turfed out of your home ground and club and had to survive using another teams facilities, yet still had a season that would go done as one of the worst in PHC history. Im sure there are reasons for this but pretty sure one should get there own place in order before having a crack at others..... seems this is a well worn path with us. I for one would not be having at crack at pumaland as you put it if talk starts, as i would appreciate the mood swing in the guys from actually being competitive week in wek out next season. You will appreciate the feeling and i hope you guys do have a much better year next year.

In regards to people posting rumours and not having sources or dont play, im sure whilst QLD FOOTY is sure he knows all, without knowing who is behind the user names, i would suggest maybe not having a crack at someone whom you really arent sure of their credentials to post their opinion. In saying that, this is a public forum and if you didnt get all sorts of people, it wouldnt be classified as so

Im not sure i understand..... you acknowledge the club for having done tremendous things, yet they are still classed as disappointing because people talked them up????????? & arrogance, im unsure how that works lenny, but as usual we will agree to disagree. The difference with your club Lenny, is the fact you werent turfed out of your home ground and club and had to survive using another teams facilities, yet still had a season that would go done as one of the worst in PHC history. Im sure there are reasons for this but pretty sure one should get there own place in order before having a crack at others..... seems this is a well worn path with us. I for one would not be having at crack at pumaland as you put it if talk starts, as i would appreciate the mood swing in the guys from actually being competitive week in wek out next season. You will appreciate the feeling and i hope you guys do have a much better year next year.

In regards to people posting rumours and not having sources or dont play, im sure whilst QLD FOOTY is sure he knows all, without knowing who is behind the user names, i would suggest maybe not having a crack at someone whom you really arent sure of their credentials to post their opinion. In saying that, this is a public forum and if you didnt get all sorts of people, it wouldnt be classified as so
I wasn't having a crack, as you said I"m in the worst position to be able to do so.

But the arrogance - both onfield from the players, as well as from the fans, was almost at Palmy levels. I accept that being 200 points down means you're going to cop s**t, but Sandgate as a whole were almost as bad as Palmy both times we played.

Please also don't take this as a "complaint" - I'm not complaining, because showmanship, gloating, and giving s**t to the opposition (especially from the crowd) is obviously a part of footy, I just think they're over-the-top in comparison with their recent onfield results.

Palmy have earned the right to do it IMO because they've dominated the comp for 2 years. I'm not so sure Sandgate have, but agree to disagree.

I wasn't having a crack, as you said I"m in the worst position to be able to do so.

But the arrogance - both onfield from the players, as well as from the fans, was almost at Palmy levels. I accept that being 200 points down means you're going to cop s**t, but Sandgate as a whole were almost as bad as Palmy both times we played.

Too true there. Jorge, I give full credit (see my previous post) to Sandgates turnaround but gotta say playing in front of that crowd on the hill at sandgate
Is about as bad as it gets in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back