Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

So the teams we won't play are

Gold Coast
West Coast
Freo
Brisbane
Dodged Freo and Brisbane, but missed the opportunity of a couple percentage pumpers with those other two.

The next 3 games will tell us a lot about where the true quality of our side sits. None are easy beats and all should test us. I'd hope we can snag at least 2 wins out of the 3, then finish off strong against the Tigers

Dogs last 3 games

13/3 @ 5.10pm North in Tassie
21/3 @ 4.10pm Crows in Adelaide
26/3 @ 5.10pm Richmond at VUWO
So in our revised fixture the only change is Collingwood instead of West Coast. That could cost a spot in the 6 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield is way too undermanned to compete with the best teams. We are completely reliant on 2 players.

I know most of our girls are still really young but we need some of them to mature quickly and bank some gym time.
Gabby Newton I'm looking at you...

Bulldogs VFLW team is playing Collingwood tonight, 8pm at VU Whitten Oval.

Teams will be announced publicly at 1pm.

Radio coverage from 7pm on WARFRadio.com

Unsure if the game will be video streamed. I'll let you know, when I know!

*CONFIRMED* Game will be live streamed from 8pm at YouTube.com/AFLVictoria

Last edited:
The Bulldogs VFLW team will have radio and online video coverage again this Saturday.

Saturday, 20th March, 11am (first bounce) against Williamstown at VU Whitten Oval.

Radio (from 10am) on WARFRadio.com (and delay free at the ground only on 89.1 FM)

Video Stream (from 10.45am) via Youtube.com/AFLVictoria

Kangaroos losing gives us a chance.

We need to beat Crows tomorrow and Richmond next week. If we do that we'll be in the 6 with North having to beat Freo on the Saturday to knock us out.

If Freo beat Melbourne tomorrow, Melbourne would need to beat Brisbane next week.

Massive game tomorrow for the Dogs

PS - North have not beat one other top 6 team.

Last edited:
The Bulldogs VFLW team will have radio and online video coverage again this Saturday.

Saturday, 20th March, 11am (first bounce) against Williamstown at VU Whitten Oval.

Radio (from 10am) on WARFRadio.com (and delay free at the ground only on 89.1 FM)

Video Stream (from 10.45am) via Youtube.com/AFLVictoria

Final margin minus 16
1616243868970.png

The Bulldogs VFLW team will have radio and online video coverage again this Saturday afternoon.

Saturday, 27th March, 2pm (first bounce) against Geelong at VU Whitten Oval (free entry).

Radio (from 1pm) on WARFRadio.com

Video Stream (from 1.45pm) via Youtube.com/AFLVictoria

Apparently we have a potential father daughter in this years draft - although we will have to fight Melbourne for her.

"For the Eastern Rangers two real AFLW eyecatchers for mine have been 182cm ruck Georgia Campbell, who is mobile with an impressive natural spring but equally clean at ground level and pushed forward to kick two goals...

Both Bulldogs and Demons fans may remember Georgia Campbell’s father Adrian as a key forward in the AFL in the late 80s and early 90s playing 32 matches and kicking 36 goals. Under AFLW rules Georgia is eligible for either team as even one AFL game qualifies under father-daughter provisions."

https://womens.afl/news/67894/shifter-s-eyecatchers-the-young-guns-to-watch-at-u19-championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back