B: Khamis Jones Coffield
HB: Richards JOD JJ
C: Dale Sanders Bramble
HF: West Naughton Weightman
F: McNeil JUH Lobb
R: English Libba Bont
Int: Treloar Daniel Harmes Macrae
Sub: Williams

Some players will be unlucky. 14 day break so I find it hard to see Macrae not playing.

I would actually like to see Darcy as the main ruck with either English or Lobb playing the second ruck role, but might be too early/risky for that.

I would like to see the Richards, JJ, Dale, Bramble quartet being used to distribute and run from the back-line. I didn't originally have Bramble in my team but he has proved himself, and deserving of a spot, but can't fit him in the back-line.

I think all four of Khamis, Jones, Coffield and JOD can play. Khamis and Coffield playing will help against the medium type forwards we always struggle against.

B: Coffield - Jones - Richards
HB: Dale - O’Donnell - JJ
C: Macrae - Liberatore - Poulter
HF: Weightman - Naughton - Harmes
F: West - Jamarrah - Lobb
R: English - Bontempelli - Treloar

B: Sanders, Daniel, Williams, McNiell
(Bramble)

B: Coffield - Jones - Richards
HB: Dale - O’Donnell - JJ
C: Macrae - Liberatore - Poulter
HF: Weightman - Naughton - Harmes
F: West - Jamarrah - Lobb
R: English - Bontempelli - Treloar

B: Sanders, Daniel, Williams, McNiell
(Bramble)
I think this will be pretty close. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bramble on the bench with either Daniel or Macrae as the sub

Our ball use was instantly better with Daniel out their in the second half.
Daniel had 8 @ 63% in the second half
Bramble had 11 @ 100% in the second half

I'm not too fussed, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if Bramble pushes one of them out of the 22, at least for round 1.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Macrae’s next year or two goes the way of Mitch Wallis’ last few seasons with the club.

He’s a gun, but also one paced. His last season was poor by his standards and he’s not getting any younger.

Because he’s limited in the roles he can play, if he doesn’t improve on last years output I can see him playing 2’s this season.

Saying that, I expect to see him Rd 1. Just needs to be as that pre 2023 player. Anything less, and he’ll find himself on the outer.

Not here to cause trouble just interested in discussion. Obviously a Pies supporter but interested in Bulldogs supporters thoughts on Treloar, I know salary etc came into it with us and yes he would of still of been in our best team. But is he now still a lock in your 22?
I feel he may be where he was in the last year with us after 2018/19 and you guys in same boat in that he was a prime midfielder in a contender. But to get back to top he might be a guy that falls out. He can obviously still get a lot of footy but offers nothing defensive wise.
Just interested in how you guys see him. As I said it's a bit different than out scenario giving I think we might even still be laying for him.

Not here to cause trouble just interested in discussion. Obviously a Pies supporter but interested in Bulldogs supporters thoughts on Treloar, I know salary etc came into it with us and yes he would of still of been in our best team. But is he now still a lock in your 22?
I feel he may be where he was in the last year with us after 2018/19 and you guys in same boat in that he was a prime midfielder in a contender. But to get back to top he might be a guy that falls out. He can obviously still get a lot of footy but offers nothing defensive wise.
Just interested in how you guys see him. As I said it's a bit different than out scenario giving I think we might even still be laying for him.
I view him as an elite midfielder who also hits the scoreboard. Has been a bit injury-prone (but last night moved really well).
If his body holds up he will have a big impact on our season.

Nah I'd say he has been a very important player for us. And expect him to be just as much this year with Baz out especially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloars name has come up a few times about who has been a stand out in the preseason, from watchers to team mates. I'd love for us to win the flag whilst he is still playing. A good bloke who deserves one. He had a good season last year. If he can stay injury free, he will be up there in the BnF, and primed for a bigger season this year.

As for Webster, goneeeeeeeee. Eyes on ball/tracked the ball? Never. Eyes on his man the whole time? Indeed. Feet left the ground to initiate the contact? Definitely.

Never understood players targeting the man and not the ball in these situations. Smothering the ball is a better outcome than a wayward kick that still ends up in the forward line. Also still baffles me why you would even jump when electing to bump a player. Leaving the ground means clear intent to hit your opponent high. Very lazy, dirty and poor technique. A bit like that serial flog in Pickett when he is having a s**t game, turns to the man when he ain't getting the ball.

Webster will get a minimum of 6 weeks if the AFL were honest about stamping that action out of the game.

Treloars name has come up a few times about who has been a stand out in the preseason, from watchers to team mates. I'd love for us to win the flag whilst he is still playing. A good bloke who deserves one. He had a good season last year. If he can stay injury free, he will be up there in the BnF, and primed for a bigger season this year.

Had one hand on the Norm in the first half of the 2021 GF. I'd love to see him end his career with a flag. Just seems like such a great bloke too.

B: Coffield Jones Richards
HB: Dale Buku JJ
C: Williams Libba Gallagher
HF: West Naughton Harmes
F: Lobb JUH Weightman
R: English Bont Treloar

I/C Daniel, Sanders, McNeil, Bramble
Sub: VDM

I can’t see the match committee bringing anyone in from outside the squad that played in Tassie, apart from Dale.

JOD, Macrae, Darcy just need to play well in the VFL to get their opportunity.

B: Coffield Jones Richards
HB: Dale Buku JJ
C: Williams Libba Gallagher
HF: West Naughton Harmes
F: Lobb JUH Weightman
R: English Bont Treloar

I/C Daniel, Sanders, McNeil, Bramble
Sub: VDM

I can’t see the match committee bringing anyone in from outside the squad that played in Tassie, apart from Dale.

JOD, Macrae, Darcy just need to play well to get their opportunity.

Buku Jones Coffield
Richards JOD Dale

Williams Libba Gallagher
English Bont Treloar

West Naughty Sanders
Cody Marra Darcy

Macrae Daniel Harmes JJ McNeil

Would be my team for round 1 I think
So hard to select atm, I truly hope we get it right. Darcy is a huge headache he is simply to fcken good to play VFL however the balance yesterday was perfect imo so it’s him or Lobb and I can’t see them dropping Lobb (wish there was one more hitout before Rd1). Also think it comes down to one of Buks or JOD, not sure we can play both with Jones and Coffield.

B: Buku - Jones - Richards
HB: Dale - O’Donnell - Coffield
C: Harmes- Liberatore - Daniel
HF: Naughton - Weightman - Darcy
F: English - West - Jamarrah
R: Lobb - Bontempelli - Treloar

B: Sanders, McRae, Williams, JJ

Sub: McNeil

B: Buku - Jones - Richards
HB: Dale - O’Donnell - Coffield
C: Harmes- Liberatore - Daniel
HF: Naughton - Weightman - Darcy