AFLW - GC SUNS licence approved for 2020 #GetSet

Remove this Banner Ad

I definitely don't feel qualified to assess Suns women team chances but watching most Lions games I have to say that Leah Kaslar is a gun and was the best Lions player for me. Great to have her on the team. It would not surprise me if she is our first captain.

I definitely don't feel qualified to assess Suns women team chances but watching most Lions games I have to say that Leah Kaslar is a gun and was the best Lions player for me. Great to have her on the team. It would not surprise me if she is our first captain.
Kaslar is definitely a gun and we're very lucky to have her. She's going to be an awesome leader for the girls and there's the added bonus of her serving as the inaugural captain of our women's team back in 2016 when we played the exhibition women's QClash against the Lions. It'd be fitting to give her the captaincy four years after she captained in our first women's match. Despite being 34 years of age, she's in amazing shape and doesn't look like retiring any time soon so hopefully Leah can lead us to the promised land and it's third time lucky for her in Grand Final appearances!

SUNS Did you want us to discuss the AFLW matches etc and season in here or would the Women's be getting a sub board just what we see with other clubs?

SUNS Did you want us to discuss the AFLW matches etc and season in here or would the Women's be getting a sub board just what we see with other clubs?

I've asked that question. Not enough activity to warrant a sub forum at this time. So discussion in here. But maybe individual game threads can be made? but all other discussion can be here.

Should be interesting to see how the girls go today. Will anyone be at the Sharks and reporting what's happening in this thread?

Just got onto the AFL website to see if I could find out a bit more about our AFLW Leadership group....

The article was updated today 24th Jan, and they listed 13 of the 14 teams....

Just have a guess which Club wasn't listed.

Just got onto the AFL website to see if I could find out a bit more about our AFLW Leadership group....

The article was updated today 24th Jan, and they listed 13 of the 14 teams....

Just have a guess which Club wasn't listed.

I think we are announcing both the men’s and women’s captains at the season launch

In the betting we are the $67 rank outsiders to win the GF. You can’t bet on the wooden spoon due to the conference system. As a long suffering 30+ years supporter of GC Sports teams I wouldn’t have it any other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns and Lions had a brief practice match tonight

Found any more information Jen2310? Namely teams.

I’m not reading anything in to that result (other than we [the Lions] still can’t kick straight).

Actually I’ll go out on a short limb and predict our Irish recruit will be our best player this year.

In our 2km time trial, she beat the 2nd place finisher by more than a full lap of QEII stadium.

I'd also like to know who played and where it was played.
I have a feeling it might have been where Lions aflw train. The lions mentioned them training tonight. SO I assume the suns came to them. This seemed to be more of a match sim based training session just between the two teams. (pies/north did it a couple weeks back)

I have a feeling it might have been where Lions aflw train. The lions mentioned them training tonight. SO I assume the suns came to them. This seemed to be more of a match sim based training session just between the two teams. (pies/north did it a couple weeks back)
Yeah that makes sense. I assume some of the players from Saturday's match against the Saints were rested for this one.

Would like to know who kicked goals for us though because I felt that was an area we struggled in against St Kilda.

I'd also like to know who played and where it was played.
Admittedly it could be anywhere because of the blurred nature of background, but it does look like Yeronga.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back