AFLW - GC SUNS licence approved for 2020 #GetSet

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bald Umpire is joining old mate Mr Baldy Nicholson in the fine AFL tradition of giving repeated disgraceful decisions against us.
I think we've had a number of favourable ones as well.
Can we just talk about the play instead of complaining about the umpires.

girls tackling well
Playing it a bit like a soccer team who try to defend stoutly and then score on the fast break

not interested in your personal attacks and baiting
I'd just prefer we talk about positive things. About our performance, our players etc.

Never heard someone complain so much about the umpires, media, VFL, opposition players and teams, opposition supporters, price of tickets, GC suns events.. I could go on. Exceeds that of every other poster combined.

I'd just prefer we talk about positive things. About our performance, our players etc.

Never heard someone complain so much about the umpires, media, VFL, opposition players and teams, opposition supporters, price of tickets, GC suns events.. I could go on. Exceeds that of every other poster combined.

you only joined in November
Something is fishy here
Stop thinking about me
Not interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing loss.
Girls put in a very good effort. Threw themselves at every contest, tackled very hard. Lacked a bit of cleanness and couldn't take a contest mark but on a really difficult day did well.

Lauren Bella, Stanton, Yorsten the best suns for me.

Think the Giants probably had the best 3-4 players on the ground.

Great effort from the girls in their first game. Really surprised me. A lot of talent there and will only get better as they get experience and build chemistry.

Carlton star Presparkis came to support her partner our Watson. I believe Presparkis should join Watson in a year or two hopefully on the Suns team :)

Last edited:
Pleased with that effort. Definitely a winnable game but I think in the end the experience got GWS over the line. You could tell all the girls had heavy legs in the fourth quarter and that was always going to hurt us more than the Giants.

Onto Richmond and if we bring that effort again I think we could be singing the song this time next week.

For those who watched it on tv....

Thoughts on having Farugia in the comm box? Too much bias for me.
Yeah, she'll have to rein that back, because she is no longer a player. She'll need to start being unbiased if she is going into media commentating now. Even if it was their home game, she was definitely very pro Giants.

I'd be interested to read what briztoon thought of our performance today. Particularly before the Lions team plays their match to avoid any bias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back