AFLW AFLW General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve really enjoyed watching the Carlton girls play this year, we have some really talented ladies out there Harrington is an interception gun along with Wilson and our young mids in Prespakis, Egan and McAvoy are elite, then the runners in Dalton, Gee and Walker are quick and smart, then our forwards led by Harris and Vescio are great, the move of Stevens to half forward has really helped us keep our shape up forward which was a problem in years gone past, can’t forget the twins Sarah kicked 2 great goals and looked dangerous forward and Jess played well down back it’s nice having a pidgeon pair.

I’ve really enjoyed watching the Carlton girls play this year, we have some really talented ladies out there Harrington is an interception gun along with Wilson and our young mids in Prespakis, Egan and McAvoy are elite, then the runners in Dalton, Gee and Walker are quick and smart, then our forwards led by Harris and Vescio are great, the move of Stevens to half forward has really helped us keep our shape up forward which was a problem in years gone past, can’t forget the twins Sarah kicked 2 great goals and looked dangerous forward and Jess played well down back it’s nice having a pidgeon pair.

The men could take a few lessons - a couple of link up handballs (not at the shoelaces) and a kick up forward to advantage - it’s not hard fellas.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go ...

ETbbnpaUwAACuw7

Last edited:
My connection to the AFLW has been broken. I watched Emma run around for Gisborne in the RDJFL for five seasons. My son played for Rupertswood and she was one of Gisborne’s best players. I hope she’s ok for the future.

AFLW AA Squad named ...

Congrats Kerryn, Maddie, Tay & Georgia!

Carlton
Kerryn Harrington
Maddie Prespakis
Tayla Harris
Georgia Gee

AFLW competition to continue in 2021 with 14 teams despite cost cutting amid coronavirus crisis

******* paywall :mad:

The AFL says the AFLW competition is one of the key drivers of growth and recovery post-coronavirus rather than a $22.4 million expense that should be abandoned next year.

The AFL remains fiercely committed to its women’s competition despite NRL clubs getting cold feet on NRLW teams and massive cost-cutting across the AFL industry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back