Game Day AFLW Round 5 - Melbourne v West Coast - Casey Fields - March 8, 3.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like for the second year running their is a really strong conference (B) and a not so strong conference (A)

It's almost like conferences are a stupid idea

They are, its hard to predict who will rise and fall year to year. So until they start playing eachother once then it will always be un even.

Likewise once aflW is over they will go back and play vflw. At the moment a playing coming into the side is coming in off training form not match practice.

They need to get the AFLW season alongside the VFLW season and in doing so can play eachother once

Looks like for the second year running their is a really strong conference (B) and a not so strong conference (A)
It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Nothing about it makes sense. Why do we play teams from the other conference? And why are they so lopsided? Just scrap it FFS!!

It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Nothing about it makes sense. Why do we play teams from the other conference? And why are they so lopsided? Just scrap it FFS!!
Agreed. An expanded season might be more expensive but they'll also get more games which = more ads, broadcasts etc. Plus with more games the women get more experience and thus improve their skills a lot more.
The men take 2-3 weeks to get going in the AFL but that's almost half a season for the women, so any slip ups are magnified much more. In the long run I think it'd be much more beneficial than this half baked conference idea that leaves good teams missing out on finals because they're grouped with other strong teams (i.e. us last year).

The squad is in, it seems we’ve gone for a smaller running side

The debate of spargo vs Bedford bs Pickett has been settled with all 3 being picked.

I don’t think Jackson or sparrow plays unless there is a late change

One of brown/weideman is picked

Leaving the last spot to hore or Lockhart

Bench will be;

Pickett Bedford weideman hore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back