AFLX 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If Im Don Pyke I'd be sending an e-mail to Gill saying...

Hey Gill, we are sending 4 guys to this AFLX thing, 3 are All Australians, Hawthorn don't want a bar of it and their players have dropped out because they just dont want to play, which is pretty disrespectful ti the league and you so maybe we could have the rub of the green from the umpires this year and by that I mean like 2012 Prelim final #freekickhawthorn levels.... ive enclosed a video to refresh your memory.

Remember bud you're a South Aussie at heart, it's our time, its our fairytale this season.

sincerely, Don, 2019 AFL Premiership Coach ;)

You are carrying on as such.

If I'm not mistaken you joined me and a few others in telling Wayne to leave the cricket thread because he didnt like the game.

Personally I reckon its a good concept for international ventures, plus I'd even use it for AFLW purposes, without the game changer player etc.

You’ll have the ladies very upset suggesting they have to play different rules than the blokes. I think the point is they want to play the same game.

You’ll have the ladies very upset suggesting they have to play different rules than the blokes. I think the point is they want to play the same game.
Not different rules as such, but a smaller deck with fewer players. Its painfully clear the depth isnt there so let's help it along.

I realise itll never happen but it should have.

I guess it is hard for Betts to drop out, but ffs our other players should really roll over and declare themselves unfit for this farcical event.

Like that bs game we play against Ireland, this too will never ever take off.

At least T20 is still cricket but reduced overs, AFLX is just the bastardization of the game. Any parent that takes their child to this and helps promote this should be ashamed. Save your money and take your kids to one of the quieter AFL games during the year than to support this.

At this stage surely the AFL is just taking the piss. Paper rock scissors? Come on.

It's as though they had a meeting where they sat down for 2 hours and did a brainstorming session to come up with as many ideas that would piss off footy purists as possible.

Surely with Daniel Radcliffe in town, they could have incorporated some of the rules of Quidditch into it.

A GAME of rock, paper, scissors will replace the traditional coin toss in Friday night's realestate.com.au AFLX tournament at Marvel Stadium.

In keeping with the fun theme for the one-night event, the four captains will battle it out in a winner-takes-all showdown to select the end to which their team will be kicking.

The captains' teammates are being encouraged to mill around the staging of rocks, paper, scissors in the middle of the ground to create plenty of banter and chastising.
You really couldn't write this sort of stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it is hard for Betts to drop out, but ffs our other players should really roll over and declare themselves unfit for this farcical event.

Like that bs game we play against Ireland, this too will never ever take off.

At least T20 is still cricket but reduced overs, AFLX is just the bastardization of the game. Any parent that takes their child to this and helps promote this should be ashamed. Save your money and take your kids to one of the quieter AFL games during the year than to support this.
Gee talk about an overreaction.

It really is. I don't think the AFL bigwigs get that you can't force a concept to be fun, casual and carefree by mandating stuff like this. It has to actually grow organically.
I'm actually a fan of the concept BUT I think theyve gone way too far.

I'm all for 10 a side, abbreviated games, much like AFL 9s but just keep the rules as they are for normal 18 a side games.

No zooper goals, no game changers etc.

AFLX is 8 a side.
Again it doesnt matter.

Think of it like indoor cricket, which is is a fun, enjoyable game that you take as seriously as you want to.

The issue I think most are having, myself included, is the gimmicky nature of it all. If you just played the game minus all the stupid rules I dont think people would have as many issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back