Age of Conan

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks really impressive, especially the combat system.

For a while I was looking into Warhammer Online, but AoC will beat the snot out of both WoW and WAR.

The tactical depth is incredible, well for an MMO. Looks like they're trying something new. Oh, and if you want to play it - it seems Oblivion is the benchmark for spec. Just think of Oblivion, but a lot more depth, gametime and it is online play (well, after the first 20 levels anyway).

Mounted combat too!

Yep looks like a great game. The graphics are even better than Oblivion I think. I was thinking about getting it, but I would probably need a comp upgrade to be able to run it :( Any idea what the monthly fees are gonna be?

Yeah, really looking forward to this. Looks awesome. I've never been a massive MMORPG fan due to the fact that gaming skill is secondary to "time played". Thus the uber nerd no-lifers rule. The true combat system of AoC hopefully will even that out a little. Also love the fact you can build a SP character and then move him/her into the MP side of the game.

Sounds great.

The graphics are even better than Oblivion I think.

Even better, as it is one of the first games (along with Crysis) that will fully utilise DX10. But I am still iffy about using Vista, heard a lot of bad things about it.

The release date is now the 25th of March, arrgh. I can't wait for this game! On the plus side though computer components will get cheaper so within a few months I'm gonna by a new computer (tower case only).

is this the same conan game that's out now? i thought it was just a hack n slash???

Err, no. It's still being beta tested and polished... you must be referring to another Conan game? The one I'm talking about is Age of Conan, and it's much more than a "hack n slash". In this one, if you play a mage class, you get to burn your opponents alive or explode their corpses as one of the "fatality" moves. It's going to emphasise detail... something which seems lacking in most MMO games. This game has so much depth. :cool:

Err, no. It's still being beta tested and polished... you must be referring to another Conan game? The one I'm talking about is Age of Conan, and it's much more than a "hack n slash". In this one, if you play a mage class, you get to burn your opponents alive or explode their corpses as one of the "fatality" moves. It's going to emphasise detail... something which seems lacking in most MMO games. This game has so much depth. :cool:

You must have a lot of faith in this game mate. You've been hyping it up for ages and haven't even played it yet. It could bomb.

You must have a lot of faith in this game mate. You've been hyping it up for ages and haven't even played it yet. It could bomb.

Oh, that I do my friend, that I do... from what I've seen (and read) already, it's going to be so much better than WoW. That, and I actually got to play it (my friend is beta testing it), so far so good. There is much more tactical depth in combat for this one, and the classes are very well structured.

I love these kind of games though, so I'm ever the optimist. ;)

As for it bombing, the chances for that are almost nil going by the hype this game is generating, not to mention it is something fresh from WoW (which is declining... when AoC and Warhammer Online come out, expect a mass exodus).

BUMP.

Only a month to go! I had a chance to see this in beta (PvP weekend where they allowed the NDA to be lifted), and wow, it's friggin' awesome! Of course there are some bugs to be ironed out and some imbalances to be removed, but the game is well-polished and just - beautiful. The combat system is great too, one must think through his attacks instead of just a simple point-and-click like WoW was.

You also get fatality moves - and from a caster's perspective, it is truly a sight to behold. I think on PvP serves it is FFA - maybe with the exception of parties. Having played on a PvE server on WoW, it is not as exciting... this time most definitely I'll be going onto a PvP server as it will make the game much more interesting.

Anyone else looking forward to this game?

BUMP.

Only a month to go! I had a chance to see this in beta (PvP weekend where they allowed the NDA to be lifted), and wow, it's friggin' awesome! Of course there are some bugs to be ironed out and some imbalances to be removed, but the game is well-polished and just - beautiful. The combat system is great too, one must think through his attacks instead of just a simple point-and-click like WoW was.

You also get fatality moves - and from a caster's perspective, it is truly a sight to behold. I think on PvP serves it is FFA - maybe with the exception of parties. Having played on a PvE server on WoW, it is not as exciting... this time most definitely I'll be going onto a PvP server as it will make the game much more interesting.

Anyone else looking forward to this game?

I was thinking of getting it as the bear shaman looks pretty cool, plus cos shaman suck in WoW (No one told me not to roll one :( ). Not sure if i wanna play 2 MMORPGs at the same time though, keep me posted with how it is once you get your hands on a copy, might make the switch when my game time runs out on WoW (4 months I think).

What platforms will it come out for? XBOX 360?

I'm hoping it's not just a high-end PC game. I've only got a year old mac.

What platforms will it come out for? XBOX 360?

I'm hoping it's not just a high-end PC game. I've only got a year old mac.

PC and XBOX, yup. I'm pretty sure a mac could play it too. If you can play Oblivion, then you should have no problem playing this game on medium to medium-high settings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUMP.

Can we get a merge going here please?

I plan to play a Necromancer on Gwahlur (PvE - Oceanic recommended) with my ex-WoW buddies. But all of us might re-roll as a collective if we get enough members and start over with each other on a PvP server (the Oceanic one). Will post screenies once I have a chance to get in-game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back