Multiplat Lies of P

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
There is a decent Soulslike crowd here and know there would be fans of this but in this busy year it looks like the release may have flown under the radar a bit. We didn't even have a thread for it.

I've only sunk a little bit of time into it but it's the closest thing we've got to a Bloodborne 2 without an actual Bloodborne 2. The game gets this label a bit because of the setting and art style but that extends to game play too. I put my initial impressions in the "what are you playing now" thread but I'll just copy and paste them here too.

It's a very, very authentic From inspired game and more so than pretty much any other Soulslike and it encourages aggressive play like Bloodborne and Sekiro. I need to practice my parrying though because being able to perfect parry is a big part of the game and dodge spam isn't as effective.

Have got it, and noticed it's getting solid reviews. Haven't had much of a chance to play with the glut of releases atm (yet I've put Starfield and Cyberpunk on hold to play the Original XBox's Jade Empire via b/c).

This is really really good. Second boss down. I nearly had him a few times on my own but eventually had to summon an NPC (I have no shame doing this in Souls either lol).

This is unashamed Bloodborne worship though. Even the "side quests" I found in the previous area were talking to windows. They were super weird/creepy too.

I've read that the boss difficulty ramps up to stupid soon so hopefully it doesn't break me but so far brilliant game.

Edit: there were a couple aspects to combat that I didn't quite understand but was persevering with anyway. Decided to look them up and this video is pretty short and explains everything better than what the game does. Worth checking for anyone who might want to see how the game plays but since he's fighting bosses and some might find that spoilery then just consider that before clicking.

Last edited:

This is really really good. Second boss down. I nearly had him a few times on my own but eventually had to summon an NPC (I have no shame doing this in Souls either lol).

This is unashamed Bloodborne worship though. Even the "side quests" I found in the previous area were talking to windows. They were super weird/creepy too.

I've read that the boss difficulty ramps up to stupid soon so hopefully it doesn't break me but so far brilliant game.

I've come across a spoiler for the credits which indicates there's room for more classic characters.

ruby slippers

I think it's fair to say that, rather than 'inspired by', 'derivative of' is probably the more appropriate term. Thankfully it's actually a good game, there just hasn't been a lot of effort in carving it's own niche.

It got real at Archbishop 😂😒

Me after second attempt: no summon, ezpz.

Cut scene

😰

Summon cheesed in the end. I need to seriously invest some points into my vigor because as far as I could tell that being a monster boss I couldn't perfect parry so the blocking was chewing my stamina. Then I was too susceptible to follow up attacks. It also didn't help that I swapped to a large weapon before the fight and forgot to equip my capacity amulet and didn't realise I was 63% load and semi fat rolling.

Absolutely loving this. I think it's officially my favourite non-From Soulslike.

I highly recommend this game for soulslike players. Ignore the xbox review bombs, it's on gamepass so casuals are complaining it's too hard. It isn't, and if it is, there are some cheese options for basically every boss. It's probably the most polished non fromsoft soulslike game I've played. 8.5/10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume this means they're going to make the early game harder not easier? It's already way too easy compared to the late game.

Honestly not sure, I haven't played much. It might be giving greater balance to the different builds.

Bought the bullet and cashed in some redeem points to purchase with the added 20% off.
Odd though, i played the demo and took me a couple of hours to go through and beat the first boss....

That was months ago and hadn't touched it since. This time ran through and got to Krat in like 25mins. Killed the boss first go... May have to check difficulty settings.

Bought the bullet and cashed in some redeem points to purchase with the added 20% off.
Odd though, i played the demo and took me a couple of hours to go through and beat the first boss....

That was months ago and hadn't touched it since. This time ran through and got to Krat in like 25mins. Killed the boss first go... May have to check difficulty settings.
The first 4 bosses you won't have much issue

The difficulty ramps up mid way through the game some you will know when it happens 😄

The first 4 bosses you won't have much issue

The difficulty ramps up mid way through the game some you will know when it happens 😄
Sounds like I'm not far off then lol.
But just funny I had some dramas with it in the demo, but in the full version was a few levels lower and did it first go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back