Great8

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
there's a Qantas deal on now for $1200 return to Sao Paulo, Rio or Lima
Flight dates Mar-Sept 2019
Qantas Premium companion fares are on ATM too and Melbourne to Santiago comes in at just under $4k each in business

Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
I find Qantas/latam to get there can get a good deal just by waiting for their sales.

Not New Zealand to la good, more like qantas to la good.
But over there?

TBH, I’d recommend contacting the airline (has to be either Latam or qantas) and using their (well, one worlds) ‘explore South America pass’ they charge a flat rate + taxes but need a minimum 3 or 4 internal flights and it need some to be booked either in conjunction of your ticket or on top of. Not separately.
It’s hard to find up to date prices though.
But South America might be one of the new places this is best for price rather than just booking them yourself.

I plan on doing this when I go over in early 2020.
Will jump on a qantas sale fare and fly adelaide-Santiago, then get an explore South America pass for the internal
Santiago-buenos Aires-iguazu falls (Argentina)-open leg-iguazu falls (brazil)-Rio de Janeiro-Santiago. Flights.
4 flights, but knowing South America, nearly certain to be cheaper.

Note: the dates must be booked in advance. So I think works for people who have everything planned, and not those winging it.

Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
Qantas Premium companion fares are on ATM too and Melbourne to Santiago comes in at just under $4k each in business
Their sales can get really cheap in regards to business class to South America.

When I did Central America in 2016, I initially paid to go economy via dallas or la.
But as I was giving a lot of loans to my parents for their 2016 white Christmas trip while they were trying to sell their Sydney house. They said if I could find a good business deal, they’ll pay for that once the house was sold.

Found a good one business to Lima, then just a short economy flight up to Cancun from there.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hainan airlines are doing business class Melbourne to Paris for just over $3k. Flight are via Xi’an so a stopover to visit the Terracotta warriors could be done.
We have used them twice to China before and they were excellent and I’d definitely use them again.

Hawk Dork

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Hainan airlines are doing business class Melbourne to Paris for just over $3k. Flight are via Xi’an so a stopover to visit the Terracotta warriors could be done.
We have used them twice to China before and they were excellent and I’d definitely use them again.
Thats a great deal

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Thread starter #84
Anyone have any tips for airlines/flights from Melb to South Korea in May? Looking at premium economy or a really cheap business deal

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Anyone have any tips for airlines/flights from Melb to South Korea in May? Looking at premium economy or a really cheap business deal
Malaysia Airlines sometimes have sales that have business for around $2500 but I’d think probably around $3k otherwise. PE can be a bit more difficult as most of the airlines don’t run with PE class for their internal Asia flights. China Airlines or Air China for example will do PE for $1300-1500 and you will get PE for the long haul stint but for the 2-3 hour connection you will be in economy. For PE all the way you would need to go Cathay or Singapore and pay around $2k. I haven’t flown any PE so can’t help you on which airline has the better seating. The other option you can consider is to fly business on the longer stint to a hub in Asia and then get a cheap economy flight between there and South Korea which may only be a couple of hours. Can often pick up a business ticket between Australia and Asia for around $2k in business and then tack on the Economy leg for $300-500

Top Bottom