Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

In regards to the cricket pitch issue I believe that most clubs lay a cover that looks not unlike Astro turf but actually comes under insurance legislation, I know Phillip island has this and would assume meeniyan does too.

MDU, if they play as a team and big names, along with fringe players, fire should take out a besieged foster outfit

Fishy on the back of recruiting and current form to take out a still 'gelling' Korumburra outfit

Geez Allies must be bad LOL.

Lost by 171 points. Funny thing is that according to the website they outscored Dalyston 2.1.13 to 3 behinds in the 3rd quarter, did half of Dalystons players stay in the rooms during the 3rd quarter?

I guess you're referring to the astroturf synthetic covering which is put over the top of the cricket pitch, but is still artificial grass?

If so, I much prefer the astroturf stuff to sand. Poth can potentially graze the skin, but the sand tends to be a lot harder to run through and almost impossible to kick from.

MDU and Fishy in the two big games for mine. Possible draw in the Fishy game.

A player broke his ankle landing on the edge of the cricket surface the other week at meeniyan. It is still very hard and in my opinion dangerous. I know down at tarwin they replant grass over the cricket pitch which is something all clubs should look into I think

Me.. a Dalyston supporter?? Don't insult me.
The Tarwin win for MDU counts for very little. Go back to the history books as much as you want, but the fact is that the Tarwin side is a mere shadow of what it used to be. Therefore the win should be treated just as a win and not as something to gauge the strength of their own team upon.
MDU still failed to beat Stony Creek in the opening round, a team which at this point in the season appears to be only average.

While Foster aren't as strong as they were last year I would still expect them to beat MDU this weekend. Meeniyan should leave their egos at the gate this weekend and prepare for a reality check.

A bit off on this one Rappo, Foster are a bit undermanned at the moment but in danger of slipping out of contention if they dont get there full side back on the park soon. I think foster only scored 3 goals after quarter time which you would call a fairly comprehensive defeat. As I have stated before its gonna be a good year. Only two undefeated teams after three rounds is good to see

A bit off on this one Rappo, Foster are a bit undermanned at the moment but in danger of slipping out of contention if they dont get there full side back on the park soon. I think foster only scored 3 goals after quarter time which you would call a fairly comprehensive defeat. As I have stated before its gonna be a good year. Only two undefeated teams after three rounds is good to see

It is going to be hard to tip in this comp in my opinion until at least half way through the year (about round 10).

Although I think Tarwin, Toora and Allies are looking to struggle at this stage.

And Bass and Dalyston are looking good, probably the best at this stage of the season.

Korumburra, Stony, MDU, Yarram, Fish Creek, IK, Phillip Island and Foster are a little up and down. Having a good chunk of teams in this category makes it to be an interesting season. Any team can win "on the day" from these teams.

Killy bass are definitely showing some form at the moment. As for the Daly I will reserve my judgement until they play some qaulity sides. Beating the bottom two sides, although convincing, gives no real indication as to how much Dalyston have improved, or wether they will be able to beat the top sides

All of these raps on dalyston must be on the back of their recruiting because form wise they are unratable having played the two worst teams in the competition, but how far can one predict a teams future success on it's recruiting, just look at mdu last year

hi guys i played juniors at welshpool bulldogs about thirtyfive years agoe .can you tell me if their still in the alieds and if so how many are playing

season difining match this week and biggest home and away match this year bass vs island.If the island drop this one they are gunna find it hard loosing 3 out of the first 4 games but can never right them off.If bass can win this one and go 4 and zip going into the bye they are in with a big shot of being top 4.I think bass will win by 20 points.

Also another massive game invy and burra with burra supprising a few people this year i think they will keep the run going and win by 5 goals they are also shaping as a big contender and think invy can possily sneak into the finals with a few a the big guns dropping back into the pack

Bass will beat the island easily I reckon, think they are a bit ahead of everyone else in the league, everybody else bar dw's and toora, perhaps tarwin, in the hunt for finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi guys i played juniors at welshpool bulldogs about thirtyfive years agoe .can you tell me if their still in the alieds and if so how many are playing

Apologies if I get any details wrong here but I beleive Welshpool merged with Devon in 1994. In 1996 the Bass Valley comp pretty much merged with the Alberton league which saw another merger between Devon/Welshpool and Won Wron/Woodside in 1997. DWWWW were quite strong until a split which saw Woodside form their own team in the North Gippsland League. From memoty this happened at the end of the 2007 season. DWWWW or the Allies as they are known still retain the Woodside name. Football is no longer played at Welshpool with all home games at Alberton West.

thanks wang just wondering what was happening up there. they dont seem to be to strong at the moment.

Still the odd player chasing the pill on the wing of the welshpool ground however it is a little white pill they are chasing, after a bad slice. :D

Island season over! Mauled by an average mdu performance today, I believe it to be very hard to claw back from here, mdu however could be a decent outfit this year but time will tell

can anyone tell me about dalyston's performance on saturday? yarram haven't been heralded lately as an improving outfit like dalyston?

also do island play at home this week? im interested in going to watch to see if the 6 changes made by the selection committee last week are reversed as they surely should be

can anyone tell me about dalyston's performance on saturday? yarram haven't been heralded lately as an improving outfit like dalyston?

also do island play at home this week? im interested in going to watch to see if the 6 changes made by the selection committee last week are reversed as they surely should be

From all accounts the Yarram and Dalyston game was a great game of footy and very hard fought. Not high scoring but high skilled and a real contest. Dont underestimate Yarram or anyone in this comp this year for that matter.

The Island have the bye this week and then play Toora at Toora in round 7 which im sure the Bulldogs will pencil in as a win.

A big test for Dalyston facing the in form MDU, a test for both sides.

Yarram to play IK at home.....what is the tip in this game?

Fishy to beat DWWWW easily

Bass to beat Toora easily

Kor Bena and Stony a great game....Kor Bena by under 10 points at home

Foster to beat Tarwin easily at Foster.

korumburra are looking like the team to beat at this stage of the yr, with mdu and killy bass as the most likely challengers. and also foster seem to be running into some form. the early optimism about daly looks like being way off the mark as they have come up short in the 2 matches against decent opposition. and rappo u have no idea

MDU are going to be terrible this year. Dalyston will most likely beat them by at least ten goals. They've gone backwards from last year, of which they didn't even make finals. This year signals a return to old habits for MDU.. losing. :p

Great prediction Rappo, Only about 17 goals off with this one. Dalyston have certainly picked up some quality players but are still a bit off being a top side. And as for MDU a 4 and 1 start is certainly not what i would call losing

Great prediction Rappo, Only about 17 goals off with this one. Dalyston have certainly picked up some quality players but are still a bit off being a top side. And as for MDU a 4 and 1 start is certainly not what i would call losing
Great response short fuse, its shallow statements like rappo's that make fools like him outsiders on the thread, and really shows that they have little knowledge of local football because they're either too ignorant or stupid to look outside of their own club to admire the quality of football occurring in the alberton league at the moment

How are Stony Creek shaping up this year?

They have beaten Phillip Island and Tarwin.....is this much to hang your hat on?

They have lost a few to Leongatha etc

Stony have lost a fair bit of depth. If you look at the sides they have been putting on the park there are a few guys who have been twos footballers over the last few years. With their best side on the ground I think they are competitive with the top teams. I wouldnt write them off just yet but injuries could prove costly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back