Official Team Thread Alberton Swamprats Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We the players and management of the Alberton Swamprats Football Club accept the heritage which players and administrators have passed down to us. In so doing we do not intend to rest in idleness but shall strive with all our power to further the drunken revelries of our forebears.

To do this we believe -
There is great honour and merit in getting booze when it is on special
That to be drunk one must consume at least 5 standard drinks per hour
We believe that inebriation is well within our reach and that each member of both the team and management will suffer hangovers for the common end.
Also we know that should we, after drinking as much as possible, still not reach a state of alcohol poisoning our efforts will become a further part of this clubs noble tradition.
Finally we concede that there can be honour in being half cut, but to each of us honourable semi inebriation can come only after the endeavour to score enough beer and spirits has been completely exhausted

THIS IS OUR CREED, LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, NEVER GIVE UP ON IT

21ci0iq.png

ratsg-jpg.31710

Playing List

Co-Captain - Mannumpower / Spookism
VC - Noobzor
Leadership Group - member of One PAFC / Schulzenfest

Season 17 Playing List

1. MannumPower
2. spookism
3. Noobz0r
4. MoOP
5. Schulzenfest
6. Macca19
7. Jonts
8. DonDynamite
9. Marto_
10. nivek48
11. Abraham Nuscrack
12. Ford Fairlane
13. El_Scorcho
14. It Just Is
15. manureid
16. wharfie_1870
17. The Jet
18. PREDAT0R
19. Asgardian

20. Power Raid
21. Powerstufff
22. Ant Bear (Rookie)
23. Janus (Rookie)
24. RossFC (Rookie)

Retired: Crazy_Big_Al, HugeJohnson. Shaunduggan, Forzaport
Delisted: Sellyme, Portia, Eddie Dingle, kickpuncher, The Majestic

A message from your captain - MannumPower (MP)

Season 17 was a massive blight on this club, we showed glimpses of what we were capable of but on most occasions we failed to deliver. The end result was a wooden spoon, a first for this club and not something any of us should be proud of. However tonight as we launch into Season 18 a breath of fresh air is around. Our change rooms have been steamed cleaned, we have brought in a new coach in Kern Hinkeley and whislt we lost some experienced players we have gained some valuable rookies in I_Dont_Care , Ant Bear , Powerstufff , RossFC and an ex Royal in Power Raid . There is alot to look forward, with a new ruck and midfield group and the Full Forward position may very well be taken by the current All SFA ruck rover , yes me, MP. All I ask of you this season is to stay strong, stay positive and stay on the piss because a sober Swamprat is as useful as **** on a bull.

Lets bring it bitches

Last edited:

Time to hulk up this season ...

hulk-hogan-tabardillo-o.gif

The AOD9604 has served me very well during the off-season. After a poor Season 17, I went on an eating binge, I went from this ...

2730541451_Fat_Bastard_bigger_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

To this ...

AmXNaT_CAAAqdWH.jpg

Lets do this!

Brilliant.
Season 18, looking forward to amending for last years shenanigans.

Welcome aboard Power Raid , Janus , RossFC , Ant Bear and Powerstufff - the real stuff starts real soon.

Looking forward to being Co-Captain with old mate MannumPower this season. Onwards to bigger things this year.
Noobz0r , I'm looking forward to him playing a full season in ruck and dominating all comers as Vice Captain as well as full seasons from late S17 recruits I_Dont_Care , PREDAT0R and Asgardian .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work????? Hopefully it was work for the dole

You know the government is going to request the people 18-30 who work for the dole to work a minimum 15 hours per week, with those working hours, you'd earn more each week than you would on the dole.

So the government are sneaky, of course you are going to try to work well for the money, everyon elikes money, and if you go well, no reason why the company wouldn't keep you on for atleast 15+ hours a week and thus after the 6 months, you wont need to apply to get newstart allowance anyway.

You know the government is going to request the people 18-30 who work for the dole to work a minimum 15 hours per week, with those working hours, you'd earn more each week than you would on the dole.

So the government are sneaky, of course you are going to try to work well for the money, everyon elikes money, and if you go well, no reason why the company wouldn't keep you on for atleast 15+ hours a week and thus after the 6 months, you wont need to apply to get newstart allowance anyway.
A bit political for an online league thread but what the hell. Nothing sneaky about it, there are whole cultural/geographical pockets of long-term welfare dependency. Depending on your own background it can be hard to imagine how alien it is to some people to meet the disciplines needed to hold a job.

A bit political for an online league thread but what the hell. Nothing sneaky about it, there are whole cultural/geographical pockets of long-term welfare dependency. Depending on your own background it can be hard to imagine how alien it is to some people to meet the disciplines needed to hold a job.

Hey fellow 'Rats...I shall be in Sydney for the July 5th weekend and, as all the Port peeps I know are ticketed members, thought I'd offer you the chance to use my ticket for the Port V Essendon game (first game I'll miss in 6 years :(). If any of you would like my ticket, PM me and I'll organise sending it to you.

Time to start warming up, the SoO is nearly over, and the Pre-Season starts shortly after that, followed by S18...

zodiac_rat_web.jpg

Hey fellow 'Rats...I shall be in Sydney for the July 5th weekend and, as all the Port peeps I know are ticketed members, thought I'd offer you the chance to use my ticket for the Port V Essendon game (first game I'll miss in 6 years :(). If any of you would like my ticket, PM me and I'll organise sending it to you.

Time to start warming up, the SoO is nearly over, and the Pre-Season starts shortly after that, followed by S18...

zodiac_rat_web.jpg
hoping to take my boy to that match seeing as he is a bombers supporter, first match i'll have been to in years, and the first time i've been to adelaide oval since the australia v sri lanka odi in 1989.

Also i've been very inactive around here due to buying Final Fantasy Xiii - 2 ,and am fully entrenched in it

hoping to take my boy to that match seeing as he is a bombers supporter, first match i'll have been to in years, and the first time i've been to adelaide oval since the australia v sri lanka odi in 1989.

Also i've been very inactive around here due to buying Final Fantasy Xiii - 2 ,and am fully entrenched in it

Smart child. You've brought him up well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back