Discussion Album/Single Cover Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

VIRTUA B.jpg

VIRTUA.jpg

Created this psychedelic tessellation pattern accidentally while making my Dockland Raiders entry for T20A, decided to turn it into an album cover design for a fiction music project called "Virtua" to see how it would fair. Definitely would catch my attention taking a look around a record store.

Last few days I've had a decently bad flu, during one of my many hours napping in the day I had what I guess would have been a fever dream where in it somehow this band called "Virtua" was brought up, can't remember what kind of music being played but in my dream it seemed familiar and I didn't really take particular notice to the whole thing. I woke up and could somewhat remember this part of my dream about this band I can vividly remember the name (someone in my dream telling me?) being called "Virtua", so thinking it was a subconscious thing where I'd seen this name come up before in my search for music I looked on Spotify, nothing. Google, nothing. It was very bizarre. So I guess I'll just take the name and bring it into reality as a fictitious modern psychedelia group.

Last edited:

Created this psychedelic tessellation pattern accidentally while making my Dockland Raiders entry for T20A, decided to turn it into an album cover design for a fiction music project called "Virtua" to see how it would fair. Definitely would catch my attention taking a look around a record store.

Last few days I've had a decently bad flu, during one of my many hours napping in the day I had what I guess would have been a fever dream where in it somehow this band called "Virtua" was brought up, can't remember what kind of music being played but in my dream it seemed familiar and I didn't really take particular notice to the whole thing. I woke up and could somewhat remember this part of my dream about this band I can vividly remember the name (someone in my dream telling me?) being called "Virtua", so thinking it was a subconscious thing where I'd seen this name come up before in my search for music I looked on Spotify, nothing. Google, nothing. It was very bizarre. So I guess I'll just take the name and bring it into reality as a fictitious modern psychedelia group.

Acclaim Entertainment would like to know your location

Acclaim Entertainment would like to know your location
Some individual neuron deep in my brain is tightly clinging on to the nostalgia of a Dreamcast tennis game that released before I was even birthed.

Not sure if this has been put up here yet but something so charming about cover of Jedediah's 1997 record 'Slightly Odway'

There's a lot of things about it that just command my attention; the ochre/pastel orange sky, contrasted with the darker green tones of the bowls club in the foreground, and of course the flying-saucer type thing in the sky. Even the grainy texture of the album cover itself adds a certain aesthetic quality to it.

The meaning behind it all? My guess would be that it is trying to juxtapose an event such as an alien invasion against the normalcy of peoples everyday life. Showing that people are more invested in the things they are preoccupied with rather than the things happening around them? I dunno, I'm not really an English teacher.

1613995648237.png

Zhu-ringos-desert-album-review.jpg

Zhu's RINGOS DESERT, really froth the colour balance of this one plus the patterned border, really pleasing to look at. Gives me Slow Rush vibes too which is always a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back