Recommitted Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Could've said the same thing about Mayne, did you think we were gonna pay enough to justify a 2nd round compo for him?
Fair enough I suppose.

The difference being that Fasolo is always injured but pretty good when he plays. Mayne had been awful for quite a while before the move.
Mayne was at least getting out on the park consistently.

I doubt even Freo pay 500k for 4 years for someone that injury prone.
I think we'd be a little gun shy off Harley to offer big bucks but you never know. In the unlikely event we kept him fit he'd be worth it.

Fair enough I suppose.

The difference being that Fasolo is always injured but pretty good when he plays. Mayne had been awful for quite a while before the move.

I think we'd be a little gun shy off Harley to offer big bucks but you never know. In the unlikely event we kept him fit he'd be worth it.

His game tally last few years

If Freo manage to keep him fit they will be working miracles.

Agree and we tend not to do too many of them.

Still would take a punt at the right price. It is not like we have an abundance of natural forwards.

No doubt, worth a punt if the price is cheap for your mob.

But even Mayne money/contract length is way overs

Mayne was at least getting out on the park consistently.

I doubt even Freo pay 500k for 4 years for someone that injury prone.

Fair enough I suppose.

Mayne is useless, Fasolo can't get on the park.

What's the point of Mayne playing if he doesn't contribute anything? What's the point of Fasolo being talented if he can't play?

Different issues, just as bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fasolo wants to extend his career he needs to come back and show he is over those injuries, kick a couple of goals but most importantly show more defensive output.

It is the question mark over how does he fit into the modern game. Small forwards who lack defensive pressure need to be very, very good to hold their place in the side.

If Fasolo wants to extend his career he needs to come back and show he is over those injuries, kick a couple of goals but most importantly show more defensive output.

It is the question mark over how does he fit into the modern game. Small forwards who lack defensive pressure need to be very, very good to hold their place in the side.

That is what will make or break his career moving forward.
Fas has a tonne of ability. Very good mark and a long penetrating kick but the modern game means he has to be defensive minded.

I still think he can play another 80- 100 games and is worth a punt as a FA.

That is what will make or break his career moving forward.
Fas has a tonne of ability. Very good mark and a long penetrating kick but the modern game means he has to be defensive minded.

I still think he can play another 80- 100 games and is worth a punt as a FA.
Surplus to needs at the Pies. I wish him well elsewhere. We’ll be lucky to get a 4th rounder in compo.

Surely Collingwood move him on. They probably want to make some cap space and the way they’ve structured up this year they are pretty dangerous up forward. Can’t see them getting much back though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back