Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

My position was made redundant on Friday morning, effective immediately.

It is already happening
* that, mate.........pm me if you wannna grab a coffee and a chat.............

Important to get active people. This circumstance finally got me off my backside and walking for a few kilometres around the neighbourhood.
I rode to willy and back yesterday - felt like cadel, full 18 km round trip.........

Have a daughter currently doing VCE.

Not good timing............
Not great timing at all

Best of luck to her. Who knows how it's all going to play out but at least all vce students will probably be in the same boat. I'm sure they will take it all into account and hopefully won't hurt her uni applications

Will be interesting to see if tobacco sales decline.

Imagine a world outside of jail where toilet paper is considered a far more valuable commodity than cigarettes

giphy.gif

FYI, the CDC just recommended no gatherings of >50ppl for the next 8 weeks

There goes the argument 'athletes are healthy, it's safe to play footy'...

22 x players, 1 x physio, 1 x coach each team - plus 1 x umpire.

Total = 49.

Game on baby!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice sentiments BC and I dare say, shared by many here.
I think many who make light of self isolation do it/will do it as a means of helping to stay ok mentally. 👍👍

100% agree.

Just don’t make light of it “Rudy Gobert” style.

Faux pas of the century.

My position was made redundant on Friday morning, effective immediately.

It is already happening

This will destroy many, many people financially.

It’s one thing to lose a job.

It’s another to have your life savings invested in a good business - which through no fault of your own will go belly up.

Hopefully I’m not one of them - but it’s f***ing scary times for anyone trying to run a business.

It’s another to have your life savings invested in a good business - which through no fault of your own will go belly up.

Hopefully I’m not one of them - but it’s f***ing scary times for anyone trying to run a business.
well that just minimized the * out of jabba's situation...........jesus wept..........

A well run business should battle through, but a highly geared business will struggle.

That’s risk and reward for you.

A well run business should battle through, but a highly geared business will struggle.

That’s risk and reward for you.

All depends on the type of business.

If it can be run online or without face to face contact? Fine.

If not - f***ed.

Shark Fin Inn for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back