No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circuit-breaker coach sacking pencilled in for mid year.
I reckon this would be almost odds-on. They wimped out on sacking Worsfold at the end of last season, but now he is in a no-win situation. No matter what the Dopers achieve this season he is out the door. Hardly the incentive to put your best foot forward.

Hmmm wonder what the 2021 coach has to say about Jo and Orazio potentially leaving?

Gosh I hope they have a shyte season... but being the * that they are they'll end up winning the flag (now going to commit myself for even thinking such a thing).
I hope they get off to a flyer (apart from losing to us) and then fall in a heap in the second half of the year and miss the 8 by %.

I hope they get off to a flyer (apart from losing to us) and then fall in a heap in the second half of the year and miss the 8 by %.
Nah.

They're about due to really, really collapse and have a prolonged period down the bottom. Mindset's wrong, coaching's outdated, talent id is interested in one or two kinds of player and ignores the rest.

Until Gold Coast get their s**t together, the Least Wins market is a dead one.
Hence why you can get good odds on anyone else. The market for a 17th finish would be wide open.
I always look for value - Gold Coast offer none.
Bombers have a lot going wrong injury wise, widespread leadership group changes, potential coach issues. Their remaining tall forwards are rubbish.
Gold Coast have a lot of top-end talent that all have an extra year under their belt. Rowell is ready to go, and probably the only first year player that will have to play regularly. Add Greenwood as a solid-bodied mid, Ellis as a mature runner, Rory Thompson back in defence. Won 3 of first 4 last year.
To me, Essendon are value at 33/1 to finish below them (And everyone else).
Who would have seen our 2002 spoon coming after playing finals the year before?

Last edited:
A possible unfortunate by-product of Daniher going and them being s**t.
If things start badly, the lure of this option could add to the "lowliness" of their finish.

There is no way Daniher gets big coin x lots of years if he can’t get on the park for three years in a row

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This brings a warm glow to my single heart this Valentine's Day 💙💙💙😆😆😆

Well, all I had to kiss was my Dog on Valentine’s Day yesterday. He was literally bought on Valentine’s Day in 2010.

I have issues...

EQ9X6HQUcAA-B6i

I'm starting to think that the majority of their supporters realise that they're going to have a long, tough season.

Didn't improve via trade week, embarrassed in the finals, dodgy coaches succession plan, many players missing a large chunk of the preseason and finally, players either don't want to be there or walk away.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back