All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

I’ll just conclude that you’re ignorant, and my time is not worth the effort to correct it.
I conclude the same thing about you, especially as you have no real answers to any of my questions. You don't even know what hamas's mantra is, or refuse to accept it. Anyone who thinks it's OK for a country to want to destroy it and make it an Islamic state is the uneducated one. Why is it OK for Palestine to take over Israel. You sure you're not a politician. Answer one simple question, it's not hard

Why is it so difficult for people to understand that Hamas wants to destroy Israel and turn it into an Islamic state. Why the heck would any country allow that. Seems to me that people refuse to understand that but just want Israel destroyed. Absolute insanity. It's pure racism from both sides but they can only see one side.
You need to educate yourself in history. It is blatantly clear from your posts that you are totally ignorant of this. Do you understand how the state of Israel was originally established? It required the Nakbha, that is the ethnic cleansing of hundreds of thousands of Palestinian people, who had been living there for centuries, and through the methods of mass murder and terror, Zionist militia forced them into the miserable enclave that we now call Gaza.
Israel was backed by the US government at the time, who saw the establishment of Israel as a military garrison to project its power across the Middle East.
Since then, Gaza has been subjected to an economic strangulation and repeated Israeli military incursions where the people in Gaza were randomly murdered. One of the most brutal and horrific examples was when the IDF opened fire on Palestinians peacefully marching in 2018. then there was the military assault in 2014, killing more than 2000 Gazan people. Why? Because a few Hamas rockets landed harmlessly on Israeli territory.
Your contributions are disturbing because they are so much based on lack of historical knowledge. When one lacks historical knowledge, one becomes a vehicle of the most right wing, racist propaganda.

There will be no palestinian state because israel wont allow it...irrespective of who the PM is. There is a theory being floated that netinyahoo is the sole villain. The israelis support the bombing and the starvation. It's shown in the israeli polls. End of story. A change of PM is not even possible because the right wing parties that support netinyahoo will walk away if he gets shafted. End of story. No need to discuss. That is the reality.
Absolute garbage. Are you denying that hamas wants to make Israel an Islamic state. Tell me what you think will happen if Israel pulls out tomorrow. Does this all end. Just another Israel hater with nothing but bullshit to back it up. It's simple, Hamas will stop at nothing to achieve what it wants and even a political zealot like you can't deny that

I conclude the same thing about you, especially as you have no real answers to any of my questions. You don't even know what hamas's mantra is, or refuse to accept it. Anyone who thinks it's OK for a country to want to destroy it and make it an Islamic state is the uneducated one. Why is it OK for Palestine to take over Israel. You sure you're not a politician. Answer one simple question, it's not hard

Your questions have been answered and rebutted scores of times.

You just like to pretend otherwise.

Your ignorance is of the wilful kind. It’s okay, though, because you’re in the majority.

You need to educate yourself in history. It is blatantly clear from your posts that you are totally ignorant of this. Do you understand how the state of Israel was originally established? It required the Nakbha, that is the ethnic cleansing of hundreds of thousands of Palestinian people, who had been living there for centuries, and through the methods of mass murder and terror, Zionist militia forced them into the miserable enclave that we now call Gaza.
Israel was backed by the US government at the time, who saw the establishment of Israel as a military garrison to project its power across the Middle East.
Since then, Gaza has been subjected to an economic strangulation and repeated Israeli military incursions where the people in Gaza were randomly murdered. One of the most brutal and horrific examples was when the IDF opened fire on Palestinians peacefully marching in 2018. then there was the military assault in 2014, killing more than 2000 Gazan people. Why? Because a few Hamas rockets landed harmlessly on Israeli territory.
Your contributions are disturbing because they are so much based on lack of historical knowledge. When one lacks historical knowledge, one becomes a vehicle of the most right wing, racist propaganda.
Bro, there was no Palestine, it's an assumption that they came from the philistines and only because it sounds similar. Do you believe that Hamas wants to make Israel an Islamic state because that's all they're defending. You are the racist because you can only see one side. Don't call me right wing because that's absolute garbage. I don't go around being a racist and wanting to kill everything that's Australian. I wasn't even born here. Another anti Israel protagonist and that's all you are

Your ignorance is of the wilful kind. It’s okay, though, because you’re in the majority.
Answer the question. Do Hamas want to take over Israel and turn it into an Islamic state, it's not hard

Manicpie is not in the majority. There are global protests throughout the world, involving millions, and one might add, involving many, many Jewish people who reject the zionist regime.
MP's views are ultimately the crudest and most vulgar enunciation of the attitude of the entire mainstream political spectrum. The Albanese government keeps repeating that Israel has the right to defend itself....thereby justifying genocide.

is the duty of the followers of other religions to stop disputing the sovereignty of Islam in this region, because the day these followers should take over there will be nothing but carnage, displacement and terror,” it decreed. Hamas also rejected any prospect of peace or coexistence with the state of Israel.

Members of the israeli cabinet have said that the palestinians are all hamas animals and these israelis are demonstrating this "manifesto" by dropping bombs provided by the americans on anyone in gaza who is a palestinian. I think that trumps a manifesto on paper but people can discuss it for weeks if they want to waste their time.

Members of the israeli cabinet have said that the palestinians are all hamas animals and these israelis are demonstrating this "manifesto" by dropping bombs provided by the americans on anyone in gaza who is a palestinian. I think that trumps a manifesto on paper but people can discuss it for weeks if they want to waste their time.
is the duty of the followers of other religions to stop disputing the sovereignty of Islam in this region, because the day these followers should take over there will be nothing but carnage, displacement and terror,” it decreed. Hamas also rejected any prospect of peace or coexistence with the state of Israel.

Absolute garbage. Are you denying that hamas wants to make Israel an Islamic state. Tell me what you think will happen if Israel pulls out tomorrow. Does this all end. Just another Israel hater with nothing but bullshit to back it up. It's simple, Hamas will stop at nothing to achieve what it wants and even a political zealot like you can't deny that
4 billion christians died in algeria because of muslims....use that one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am still waiting for someone to answer one simple question. " Does Hamas want to destroy everything jewish and turn Israel into an Islamic state

Manicpie is not in the majority. There are global protests throughout the world, involving millions, and one might add, involving many, many Jewish people who reject the zionist regime.
MP's views are ultimately the crudest and most vulgar enunciation of the attitude of the entire mainstream political spectrum. The Albanese government keeps repeating that Israel has the right to defend itself....thereby justifying genocide.

irrespective of who and what is being protested, the outcome is written. The Labor gov't and the liberal gov't before it has chosen its leader and it is going to follow the US, irrespective of what war it has to go into and what policy has to be followed. At this stage, Aust gov'ts have no choice because to choose a different path would mean a fall in the standard of living in australia - in other words, australia would be punished. So it's not an option.

Bro, there was no Palestine, it's an assumption that they came from the philistines and only because it sounds similar. Do you believe that Hamas wants to make Israel an Islamic state because that's all they're defending. You are the racist because you can only see one side. Don't call me right wing because that's absolute garbage. I don't go around being a racist and wanting to kill everything that's Australian. I wasn't even born here. Another anti Israel protagonist and that's all you are
Didn't say there was a "Palestine". I said there was an existing population, known to themselves as Palestinians, who had a common language and culture, who lived in the territory in the 1940's and centuries prior to that, before Zionist militia carried out ethnic cleansing - with the blessing of the US government - in order to carve out the state of Israel.
You have no answers to this historical record. I dont care where you were born, that is irrelevant. By referring to the Palestinians as "scumbags", you do "go around being racist". You propagate lies long since debunked about the rape and murder of infants and women by Hamas militants on October 7. In other words, you repeat the lies of all the most extreme right wing Zionists who agree with the extreme right wing politicians in the Netahanyu government that the Palestinians are "human animals".

Didn't say there was a "Palestine". I said there was an existing population, known to themselves as Palestinians, who had a common language and culture, who lived in the territory in the 1940's and centuries prior to that, before Zionist militia carried out ethnic cleansing - with the blessing of the US government - in order to carve out the state of Israel.
You have no answers to this historical record. I dont care where you were born, that is irrelevant. By referring to the Palestinians as "scumbags", you do "go around being racist". You propagate lies long since debunked about the rape and murder of infants and women by Hamas militants on October 7. In other words, you repeat the lies of all the most extreme right wing Zionists who agree with the extreme right wing politicians in the Netahanyu government that the Palestinians are "human animals".
Yeah, you did

irrespective of who and what is being protested, the outcome is written. The Labor gov't and the liberal gov't before it has chosen its leader and it is going to follow the US, irrespective of what war it has to go into and what policy has to be followed. At this stage, Aust gov'ts have no choice because to choose a different path would mean a fall in the standard of living in australia - in other words, australia would be punished. So it's not an option.
Even though the Albanese government is a slave to the US government, there will still be a catastrophic fall in living standards, because that is the direction of the entire global economy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back