List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From an age profile, easy to understand Treacy, Ah Chee and Kelly.

Treacy joins Cole as our only 2 players turning 23 in 2020
Ah Chee re-joins Yeo as our only 2 players turning 27 in 2020
And Kelly is our only player turning 26 in 2020

If we do get Pickett, he joins Ryan, Duggan and Nelson as our players turning 24 in 2020.

The 23 to 27 year old players were looking pretty light on in numbers

1574988285984.png

Our under 22 spine is looking great. Some obvious midfield gaps
1574988389951.png

Really happy with this haul. I was happy last night and even happier this morning with the Rookie's. O'Neil more so as I didn't know anything about Treacy but he looks an astute pick too.

We had several weaknesses on our list in addition to the obvious midfield depth. Ruck depth/an up an coming ruck was an obvious issue. People can point to NN, Hickey and Vardy and say we have lots of rucks but they are aging and injury prone. NN is star but who knows what will happen. Hickey is serviceable and gives what he has but is not really a first choice ruck. Vardy wasn't even serviceable this season and will be lucky to be on the list end of next year if his form doesn't improve. Now with Williams (very bullish about Williams as a forward ruck) and Jamieson we are covered for the future.

Whilst we have lots of depth in the smaller/mid backs, most of the depth is the no nonsense get the job done type rather than the ball distributing type. Rotham looks very tidy and promising but the biggest weakness I saw on the horizon was when we lose Hurn and Jetta or their form tapers off as they get older. We really needed some more quality distributors from the back half that either break lines with pace and/or kicking, not just tough flanker types that get the job done. Johnson has pace and an amazing kick by the look of it and now our backs look future proof as well (with what we have and what we have coming through).

Whilst I didn't think we really had a small/medium forward deficit with Rioli out, as I think we had it covered with Venables back, Cameron, Ryan another year of experience and Cripps with an uninterrupted preseason, we picked up a mature player that looks very promising with speed and some silk.

We obviously didn't address Mids in the main draft and with the picks we had, it is understandable we went with what we thought was best available whilst still ticking a need. But it still left a worrying gap in the up and coming promising mid department. XON looks promising and Venables may also be a rotation through but not much else excites at the moment. I am not sure why he slid so much as the guy seems quality but picking up the second O'Neil (2Neil) was an excellent pick and deserves a song from our very own Hurn & 2Neil:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks the goods, great dispoisal efficiency again is our target. Where he was picked is now irrelevant.

Yep, again I am rapt with our rookie picks. Treacy and O'Neil. Great gets - really surprised we got the Tassie boy. A pure mid who has form, well, how lucky was that. Is he our 1st Taswegian?

From an age profile, easy to understand Treacy, Ah Chee and Kelly.

Treacy joins Cole as our only 2 players turning 23 in 2020
Ah Chee re-joins Yeo as our only 2 players turning 27 in 2020
And Kelly is our only player turning 26 in 2020

If we do get Pickett, he joins Ryan, Duggan and Nelson as our players turning 24 in 2020.

The 23 to 27 year old players were looking pretty light on in numbers

View attachment 786667

Our under 22 spine is looking great. Some obvious midfield gaps
View attachment 786671
Gotta get your talls set first . Something the blokes down the road dont seem to understand

Sorry to intrude but very very good rookie haul for you guys.

mitch was an absolute steal

treacy is probably where I’m most impressed. I fully expected him to pull a kelly and go second round next season given his rapid development. Watched him live a few times as the missus is a Claremont supporter and he is a wizard
Ooft, even happier with the draft now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back