Alone USA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched S10E01. Nobody has left in the first 5 days, though we've only met half the contestants. We'll see the other half get dropped next week.

Had to laugh at the big white hunter, who took all of his arrows hunting - and then lost his quiver. His entire plan was to hunt big game - no weight gain ahead of launch, no plans for fishing. It's as if he's never watched the show. In 9 seasons, there have only been 2 beast kills. Yes, they were absolute game changers, and both of the successful hunters won their respective seasons - but only a complete idiot would put all of their eggs in that one basket. Now he's truly in a world of hurt, unless he miraculously finds his lost quiver. Suffice to say, he is NOT my pick for winner.

We may have seen our first successful boat build, with the eskimo guy building a simple raft - and using it to set a net, which successfully caught a large fish (pike). He didn't spend days building it, wasting hours and heaps of energy, it's just a bunch of logs tied together with wire. It remains to be seen how long it continues to float, before the wood becomes waterlogged - but for now it's working nicely for him. Didn't come pre-loaded with calories (i.e. excess weight), so he'll need to continue procuring food on a regular basis, but so far so good.

The Hawaiian guy managed to burn holes in his sleeping bag, when the wind changed overnight and blew sparks from his fire onto his bedding. I can see that coming back to bite him in the longer term.

Jodi, the only female in tonight's group, got off to an early start with her wood cabin. Doing it now, while still carrying a lot of fat, and still full of energy, is smart. She made more progress in a few days than one competitor did in a whole month, in season 9. It's a good plan, particularly given the weather shown in the preview footage (snow on the ground, frozen lake).

Good to see some of them getting food on Day 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back