Player Watch Anton Tohill (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

200 I doubt...but he certainly looks taller than 191. Seems like every time someone updates his height they guess instead of...you know, using some form of measurement!

View attachment 1075284
He did say himself about a year ago that he was 199.5 cm (as posted up the page a bit), so that does sound reasonable to me.

200 I doubt...but he certainly looks taller than 191. Seems like every time someone updates his height they guess instead of...you know, using some form of measurement!

View attachment 1075284

He was listed as 198cm in the promotional material when signed.

View attachment 1075284
He was 198cm when he first signed as an 18 year old. 200cm isn’t actually far fetched at all.

He was 198cm when he first signed as an 18 year old. 200cm isn’t actually far fetched at all.

Very true. I’m sure when he was first signed we had him listed as 191 on the website where the AFL listed him at 197. Anyway, he certainly is a decent height. Let’s hope he continues to take advances this year and gets some game time in the 1’s.

Due to my own ignorance I was surprised when I read Anton's age, I had assumed he was a few years older

Another solid year in the VFL hopefully, and if he can push for seniors then that is a nice bonus

He’s got reverse Mason Cox syndrome? Far from sold on Tohill, but on the basis of bypassing Briskey I suspect the club have been pleasantly surprised by his progress this off season. It’s the only explanation I can come up with entering the season as threadbare for talls as we are...

Are you trying to suggest that Ireland is not a real place and people who call themselves Irish are actually part of a secret society of lizard people who run the world?
The Pied Piper really messed up with this one...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

The lack of VFL over the last 15 months (and potentially for weeks still) means we have to throw some kids in the deep end.

Looks best down back from what I’ve seen... but can also mark on a lead from footage in a hub game I saw last year on the club website.

Drop Magden and give this kid a go as a utility instead

Does he need to be upgraded before he can play?

His first season was probably worst player in the VFL but showed slight glimpses. He has been gradually improving and developing. I'd be giving him another year as at 200cm has AFL attributes and a high ceiling to what he could be.

His first season was probably worst player in the VFL but showed slight glimpses. He has been gradually improving and developing. I'd be giving him another year as at 200cm has AFL attributes and a high ceiling to what he could be.
His time on the Rookie list will run out at the end of the season, and we'll need to elevate or delist him (we could do that and pick him up in the rookie draft as a Cat. A rookie), but given the extraordinary circumstances of the last couple of seasons we should at least ask the question of the AFL regarding him being given another year as a Cat. B Rookie. They most likely would say no to our request, but it would not be an unreasonable request!

Irish experiments have got to go at Collingwood. Get rid of Keane and Tohil and just recruit players that don’t need to be taught how to play the sport
That is rubbish mate, we get players from where ever we can and just hope they can make it, this boy has the size and more importantly the agility to be a chance, it is just unfortunate we may have to throw him in the deep end not ideal but cannot be helped.

That is rubbish mate, we get players from where ever we can and just hope they can make it, this boy has the size and more importantly the agility to be a chance, it is just unfortunate we may have to throw him in the deep end not ideal but cannot be helped.
It's total rubbish. The most in-form team in the comp (Geelong) have two Irishmen playing big roles for them. Persevere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back