Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am free Friday morning. Hope to get down there. 10 min on the bike from home. Sunny Abbotsford.

On an alternate topic the mighty Carringbush Pub in Langridge St recently reopened with a new fit out and the suggestion it would be a good food pub. Its my local so i go there for a meal often. How pissed off should we be that the Collingwood memorabilia is gone and the menu is vego only. I'm hurting.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am free Friday morning. Hope to get down there. 10 min on the bike from home. Sunny Abbotsford.

On an alternate topic the mighty Carringbush Pub in Langridge St recently reopened with a new fit out and the suggestion it would be a good food pub. Its my local so i go there for a meal often. How pissed off should we be that the Collingwood memorabilia is gone and the menu is vego only. I'm hurting.
So a medico (probably with hipster or soon to be hipster kids) moves in as part of the gentrification of Abbotsford then complains about losing a traditional pub. You are part of the problem buddy. But I blame the hipsters more than you.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

Where is the game being played ?

Edit: nm popped up on fb

I have my NDIS/AngleCare Carer take me to the Game on Friday Morning

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its all ramping up

Pretty much everyone was training in one form or another except De Goey and Howe. Oh wait, and Wells. Don't recall seeing him, now I think about it.

They all did the warm up and drills that followed, including Dunn, Shaz, Broomhead. They seem to going along nicely. Doing more movement in their kicking, handballing and moving around more.
Both Dunn and Shaz were at times attached to a agility machine (you can see this in the club's insta story). Broomhead I think was just doing some running (seemed to be running better now, unlike some previous times that appeared to be limping in his running) with Phillips who apparantely was a bit sore from Friday's match sim.

Also running for a amount of time was Treloar, Moore, Callum Brown, Elliot and Reid. But they all participated in their restricted match sim they had going on in groups. It was a modified version of it. Not as intense contact.

Beams proved his class and smart football skills during the match play, weaving in and out of areas to kick one off on his left foot for a good. I did worry in the beginning because he seemed to have some sort of taping on his knee, but didn't seem to cause any issues, so obviously nothing to be concerned about.

It was very pleasing to see Jack Crisp finally..for the first time since September last year he completed a full session with the main group. He did some of it on friday, but today done in full.
Grundy was also finally back full training amongst the main group with any issue, which is great to see. He seemed to be fully recovered from his toe issue that had been going on. Just in time as well.

The session was pretty light. I imagine they'll be taking it easy training wise until friday, given last week was pretty intense. After most of them had finished and went inside, a few stayed at the goals practicing their kicking. These included Coxy, Lynch, Tohil, Pendles and Grundy. Slowly they started to depart and the session was done about 12pm. It was a good 2 hr session.

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Pretty much everyone was training in one form or another except De Goey and Howe. Oh wait, and Wells. Don't recall seeing him, now I think about it.

They all did the warm up and drills that followed, including Dunn, Shaz, Broomhead. They seem to going along nicely. Doing more movement in their kicking, handballing and moving around more.
Both Dunn and Shaz were at times attached to a agility machine (you can see this in the club's insta story). Broomhead I think was just doing some running (seemed to be running better now, unlike some previous times that appeared to be limping in his running) with Phillips who apparantely was a bit sore from Friday's match sim.

Also running for a amount of time was Treloar, Moore, Callum Brown, Elliot and Reid. But they all participated in their restricted match sim they had going on in groups. It was a modified version of it. Not as intense contact.

Beams proved his class and smart football skills during the match play, weaving in and out of areas to kick one off on his left foot for a good. I did worry in the beginning because he seemed to have some sort of taping on his knee, but didn't seem to cause any issues, so obviously nothing to be concerned about.

It was very pleasing to see Jack Crisp finally..for the first time since September last year he completed a full session with the main group. He did some of it on friday, but today done in full.
Grundy was also finally back full training amongst the main group with any issue, which is great to see. He seemed to be fully recovered from his toe issue that had been going on. Just in time as well.

The session was pretty light. I imagine they'll be taking it easy training wise until friday, given last week was pretty intense. After most of them had finished and went inside, a few stayed at the goals practicing their kicking. These included Coxy, Lynch, Tohil, Pendles and Grundy. Slowly they started to depart and the session was done about 12pm. It was a good 2 hr session.
Good on you Jen. Very good news regarding Crispy and Grundy.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Nice to see Grundy and Crisp have rejoined full training today.
DeGoey, WHE and Howe now become the primary injury concerns heading into Round 1.

If we can get to round 1 with 4 or less unavailable to injuries picked up through the preseason I’ll take that! We needed to find spots for Moore, Elliott and Beamer so you can throw a blanket over the likes of IQ, Daicos, Brown x 2 and Murphy for the other spot. That’s still a very strong Rd 1 line up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
It's interesting to read that article, as Wells seems reasonably confident about his fitness:

Collingwood’s Daniel Wells getting ‘confidence’ back in his body as he eyes early-season return
February 18, 2019

Collingwood midfielder Daniel Wells says the past month of training has given him a “bit of confidence” back in his body as he looks to put a “frustrating” 2018 behind him.

The 34-year-old was uncertain about his recovery progress about a month ago but said there had been a “massive change” in recent weeks after completing a strong training block post-Christmas.

“I’ve got a bit of confidence I’ll be back to help out the boys,” Wells told the Herald Sun.

“I’m getting a lot of work in, feeling pretty strong, pretty fit. So it’s just a matter of letting the bone settle down a little bit.

“It will still flare up, that’s just normal. But I know where it’s going. If you asked this question a month ago I might have said, ‘I’m not too sure’. But there’s been a massive change. You’ve got to take your time, be patient with it.”

Wells said he hoped to be back in full training within the next two weeks, after which he would have a clearer timeline on a return.

“The next couple of weeks we’ll know a lot more but I’ve been lucky enough to get a lot of work in so I won’t be coming from too far back,” he said.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Are you shitting me? I’d always go there for a beer before a VFL game at Vic Park or for a break during band rehearsal as it’s next to the rehearsal rooms.

Loved looking at all the memorabilia and seeing the old codgers in there wearing vintage Pies beanies.

Now it’s a vego pub with no Maggies heritage? That’s almost as gross as them putting Carlton memorabilia up. Outraged!

The pub is called The Carringbush FFS. If anything they should have painted the joint black and white and the meal choices be Hans Footy Franks and Meat Pies.

I’m done.

Brigi2127

Debutant
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any updates on any training reports? How is De Goey going? Hoping for no injuries against Carlton on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back