Society/Culture Are trolls good for social/media's bottom line?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not political speech, and it's not censorship.

Not even Jones' lawyers believe it should ne taken seriously. If it was rebranded as satire or comedy, it can stay.

Of course InfoWars is political, don't be ridiculous.

If Nobody takes it seriously.... why the need to ban it?

BTW got a job yet, or you still just a taker?

Of course InfoWars is political, don't be ridiculous.

If Nobody takes it seriously.... why the need to ban it?

BTW got a job yet, or you still just a taker?

His own lawyers even argue it shouldn’t be taken seriously as a political show.

It was banned fir violating the site rules. They’re a private company who can do that provided they don’t discriminate.

He hasn’t been censored. He still has his website. But other sites have chosen not to host him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His own lawyers even argue it shouldn’t be taken seriously as a political show.

It was banned fir violating the site rules. They’re a private company who can do that provided they don’t discriminate.

He hasn’t been censored. He still has his website. But other sites have chosen not to host him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure, they can ban whoever they want.. As long as nobody claims any of these platforms aren't politically influenced and welcome agendas from certain sides of politics and not others..

The modern right has the biggest case of victim envy I've ever seen in my life. Every narrative is twisted to ensure that they're the ones being hard done by. The best example of this is Trump, most powerful man in the world and he spends half his time crying about everyone being out to get him and whoa is him. Ffs.

Sure, they can ban whoever they want.. As long as nobody claims any of these platforms aren't politically influenced and welcome agendas from certain sides of politics and not others..
Yeah we generally kick out the far-right stuff if it gets too egregious. What is too egregious? Everyone seems to have a different line and expect us to follow that line or we are either promoting Nazism or stifling freedom of speech of "conservatives".

Yeah we generally kick out the far-right stuff if it gets too egregious. What is too egregious? Everyone seems to have a different line and expect us to follow that line or we are either promoting Nazism or stifling freedom of speech of "conservatives".

I get your point and although I'm in no way an avid InfoWars supporter I can't ever recall them supporting Nazism. To the contrary they're mantra seems to be free speech and open debate. From what I've seen calling out corrupt politics on both sides of the spectrum.

Left leaning outlets and social media platforms are the ones stifling/refusing debate, and seem fine with banning alternate opinions. Who are the Nazis again?

..and getting back to the point I made before none of the platforms banning InfoWars gave specific examples of 'hate speech'.

he spends half his time crying about everyone being out to get him and whoa is him

They are all out to get him, that's why it's such an interesting side-show.

Don't worry though, the establishment will give you back your grinnin', friendly, jive talkin' puppet with a picture perfect family soon enough.

I get your point and although I'm in no way an avid InfoWars supporter I can't ever recall them supporting Nazism. To the contrary they're mantra seems to be free speech and open debate. From what I've seen calling out corrupt politics on both sides of the spectrum.

Left leaning outlets and social media platforms are the ones stifling/refusing debate, and seem fine with banning alternate opinions. Who are the Nazis again?

..and getting back to the point I made before none of the platforms banning InfoWars gave specific examples of 'hate speech'.
You seem to think "refuse service = Nazis".

No - white supremacy, fascist bullshit, demonisation of minorities, destruction of democratic institutions etc = Nazis

But God forbid anyone should tell a cake shop who they can and can't serve.

If people can try and address the topic, that would be tops.

I get that it's hard for people to think beyond the talking points of whatever side they think they have chosen, but if you look beyond online shite, it's actually quite normal to contribute to a discussion even if you aren't definite in your ideas or knowledge. Chatting normally is pretty casual.

They troll parents of murdered children. Of course sensible, private operations ban them. They are liars, hugely offensive, and advocate for awful things.
The OP basically saying it's all the rights fault in a long winded way.

Either a troll or a Labor plant. I think it's a little of column A and B.
Pathetic.

No - white supremacy, fascist bullshit, demonisation of minorities, destruction of democratic institutions etc = Nazis

So you're happy for major social media platforms banning political opinion as long as it differs from yours? That along with the obvious collusion between them doesn't open a potential can of worms?

Do you think Nazism is supported by anyone other than an extreme minority? Who really supports Nazism? Does calling for less immigration or admitting there's a Sudanese gang problem make someone a Nazi? Does it make them a white supremacist?

Some consider presenting facts and figures is 'demonising minorities'.. Maybe to them it is, but is hiding the truth because you 'might offend' someone the society you want? Perhaps it is.

So you're happy for major social media platforms banning political opinion as long as it differs from yours? That along with the obvious collusion between them doesn't open a potential can of worms?

Do you think Nazism is supported by anyone other than an extreme minority? Who really supports Nazism? Does calling for less immigration or admitting there's a Sudanese gang problem make someone a Nazi? Does it make them a white supremacist?

Some consider presenting facts and figures is 'demonising minorities'.. Maybe to them it is, but is hiding the truth because you 'might offend' someone the society you want? Perhaps it is.
Saying things along the lines of "the ABC are biased and refuse to say there is a Sudanese gang problem and that we should stop immigration from the brown places! Shut them down!"

That's fascism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is hugely offended these days. They seek out opportunities.
Like when one video hosting company refuses service to a multi-millionaire supplements spruiker? That sort of "offended"?

Streaming video is not hard. Jones is just upset he doesn't have access to the ad revenue of YouTube. He should have a mailing list by now and be able to promote and stream his own content.

Everyone is hugely offended these days. They seek out opportunities.

I'd love to hear about these 'awful things'....
One of those awful things was at the start of the paragraph and you edited it out, so obviously you are FOS. And below you are claiming to have not 'seen' posts in the thread you are all over. Utterly FOS.

You are also off-topic.

Saying things along the lines of "the ABC are biased and refuse to say there is a Sudanese gang problem and that we should stop immigration from the brown places! Shut them down!"

That's fascism.

Who said that? Are you quoting someone?

Is that someone's name or an admission you just made it up?
It is really strange that you are trying to shift this to a discussion about whether anyone said those exact words, when I indicated quite clearly that it wasn't a specific quote, instead of whether or not saying those words is the type of thing someone with fascist leanings would do.

It is really strange that you are trying to shift this to a discussion about whether anyone said those exact words, when I indicated quite clearly that it wasn't a specific quote, instead of whether or not saying those words is the type of thing someone with fascist leanings would do.

I agree, discussing reality with you is pointless.

'fascist leanings' that's my favourite.

I would suggest calling the parents of school shooting victims and abusing them as 'crisis actors' would cross the line of what most would consider human decency.

'Free speech' as understood by many people is a myth. Libel laws, false advertising, corporate regulators on the lookout for 'misleading and deceptive conduct'.
There is no absolute free speech and in the American context it only protects a citizen's right to criticize the government free of persecution anyway.

I agree, discussing reality with you is pointless.

'fascist leanings' that's my favourite.
It’s clear you don’t want to talk about it sensibly. That’s fine.

But this is why you get banned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back