FTA-TV Arrow

Remove this Banner Ad

So, I've caught up with this show and have finished the first half of the season. As a few of you have said, it's a good filler show, once the big guns like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones come back it'll drop way down my list of shows to watch.

I think it improved towards the end of the season, but there are still things that both annoy and confuse me. First is the Mother. Are we supposed to feel sorry for her or what? She seems to alternate between being good and bad at a whim. It's pretty poor writing. Speaking of which, there seriously needs to be some proper character development. It's no use having a villain for one episode then killing him off before there's a chance to develop them properly. I realise there's the overarching Triad storyline with the blonde Asian chick and Tommy's old man, but the format of having one 'bad guy' per episode smacks of laziness. From what I've heard, Deadshot was a pretty badass character in the comics, so why oh why did they kill him off in his first episode!? They could have used him as an awesome secondary villain on a regular basis, with Oliver having to make decisions between tracking him down and continuing to tick the names off his list.

Also, does anyone else get a certain 90's feel to the way technology is handled in the show, specifically the scenes with Felicity (hot nerdy blonde chick with glasses)? There's been a few episodes now where she's pulled crazy amounts of information from seemingly nowhere without proper explanation. It's like those 90's flicks where hackers were the new big thing, and could get any piece of information from anywhere in the world with a few simple keystrokes. No chance she could do that.

All that being said though, I do like the show and I think it has real scope for improvement. I really like Dig's character, as well as Tommy. Not to mention that Laurel and Thea are both totally bangin'. The Island scenes have been the most captivating of the whole series and I'm very interested to see where they go with that, and just what exactly it was that turned Oliver into such a badass.

Really like this show, the island scenes are prob the best part, though they could have done some research into australian special forces, would have been cool if he they said he was aussie sas and would have made more sense.

Whats up with aussie accents im american tv/movies lol.

Also hope the mob bosses daughter returns soon.

Yep been consistently pretty good.

I didnt get the meaning of close up on the captives tattoo though? Any link to china white there?

Also Yao Fei is s awesome character but needs to start kicking arse again.

I'm not a reader of the comics, but it seemed to infer that Oliver and her spend a significant period of time together.

Anyone else keeping up with the show? Know I got Cory and Liverpool_FC8 hooked.

Last few episodes have been really solid. Only problem I have with the show is the number of people that know his "secret". The flashbacks to the island and felicity are easily the best. :thumbsu:

still hanging around

villain of the week is getting really tired, but the island stuff is still interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to see more of her watch True Blood. <--- read my comment in the most literal way possible.

Sheeet that didnt click to me at all, I guess I didnt recognise her with her clothes on. She has a really pretty face. Wait she didnt die in true blood did she? I guess she can work on both shows.

Just got the urge to rewatch certain scenes of TB.

Started watching this during the week up to episode 6, needs more superhero and less OC.

The decision to stay away from super powers was pretty dumb, every super hero needs super villains. Like others have said taking down low level street scum is pretty boring

So do we think the Daughter training him is China White? or is that too obvious?

I really want to know how he ended up in the Russian Mob

I thought it was china white originally but they are different actresses. Even with the time gap dont think she while end up china white.

I thought it was china white originally but they are different actresses. Even with the time gap dont think she while end up china white.

The thing I noticed is they made a point of showing the matching shoulder tat on both so either it's the same person or they are from the same organisation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back