Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

You earn more than Chelsea, and only £40m * less than us. Wage bills aren't too far apart.

You still have hundreds of millions in the bank IIRC.

Wenger has conned a lot of people into thinking Arsenal can't compete.

Around £150m.

That's cool,

But you clearly are being disingenuous by failing to acknowledge that neither Chelsea nor Man City's spending is limited to legitimate commercial "earnings".

I earn $1,000 spend $1,000. You earn $500 spend $500.

Dad, Uncle Bob and Aunt Mary then gift you $10,000. You spend $10,000

You can't say "Oh you earn the same/more then us why are you not doing what we are doing" as it's clearly not the whole picture.

Could Arsenal be doing a lot better with transfers? Yes of course, i'm the first to criticise our rubbish squad and mismanagement, blowing wages on crap players.

Can Arsenal compete £ for £ spending wise with Man United, City and Chelsea? No. That's just reality.

Around £150m.

That's cool,

But you clearly are being disingenuous by failing to acknowledge that neither Chelsea nor Man City's spending is limited to legitimate commercial "earnings".

I earn $1,000 spend $1,000. You earn $500 spend $500.

Dad, Uncle Bob and Aunt Mary then gift you $10,000. You spend $10,000

You can't say "Oh you earn the same/more then us why are you not doing what we are doing" as it's clearly not the whole picture.

Could Arsenal be doing a lot better with transfers? Yes of course, i'm the first to criticise our rubbish squad and mismanagement, blowing wages on crap players.

Can Arsenal compete £ for £ spending wise with Man United, City and Chelsea? No. That's just reality.

How we earn our money is totally irrelevant to how we spend it. You earn £1000 and put it in the bank. We earn £1100 and spend it to build a better side. Even if £500 of that is legitimate and £600 isnt it's still money we have to spend which isnt a lot different to the money you have to spend.

Of course the legitimate money argument is pure bollocks anyway. The simple fact is Chelsea, City, United are prepared to spend their money. Arsenal have made a business decision not to.

And then rely people believing it's cause they can't.

Last edited:

How we earn our money is totally irrelevant to how we spend it. You earn £1000 and put it in the bank. We earn £1100 and spend it to build a better side. Even if £500 of that is legitimate and £600 isnt it's still money we have to spend which isnt a lot different to the money you have to spend.

Of course the legitimate money argument is pure bollocks anyway. The simple fact is Chelsea, City, United are prepared to spend their money. Arsenal have made a business decision not to.

And then rely people believing it's cause they can't.

Except....it isn't. Where the money comes from is completely the issue.

We have £1000 and put it in the bank. If that £1000 is blown then we need to find a way to replace it.

You earn £1100 and spend it to build a better side, because you don't care where £600 came from, you know it's going to be there again regardless of what happens. You succeed "yay more money".......you fail "yay more money".

You keep glossing over the fact that certain clubs have to live within their means, while other clubs spend money that isn't "theirs".

"It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars. I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great.”

"It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars. I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great.”

Abe Lincoln said that, right? Great man

We succeed because we invest in the club. It's why we announce a new sponsor every week. It's why we make record broadcasting revenues year after year.

The more people go on about our income being illegitimate the more they ignore whats going on at their club.

You have an owner that is willing to invest their own money in your club, underwriting losses until you can announce new sponsors and make record broadcasting revenues year after year.

Arsenal don't.
He hasnt put money into the club for three years. Yeah, sure it got us to where we are but it's got us to the position where we're getting lots of sponsorship deals, getting lots of TV money etc.

Arsenal can stamp their feet and say that it's not fair. But the fact remains that they earn nearly as much as we do. They're not far off the wages that we pay. They can compete.

They just choose not to.

What I would say is they make it hard for themselves giving/offering mega wages to the likes of Walcott, Wheelchair, Ox.

Get rid of the "not good enoughs", save your wages for quality incomings and you'll find your outgoings will pay for at least the first years anortisation of new players.

We bought around £220m worth of new players. It's added £44m in amortisation for the next 5 years. Selling Mooy, Unal, Kelechi has made us that in profit.

Last edited:
The price of tickets in England is scandalous. It's not down to foreign owners imo. It's down to supply and demand and also that English football supporters don't have the heart or will to do anything about it.

Liverpool supporters walked out on a game a year or so back and opposition supporters took the piss. We should have all been supporting them, even to the extent of walking out on our own matches.

German supporters have and will stand as a collective, even supporting those they hate. English supporters can't be arsed.

You have an owner that is willing to invest their own money in your club, underwriting losses until you can announce new sponsors and make record broadcasting revenues year after year.

Arsenal don't.
I know I've already responded but thought of something else. You don't need someone to underwrite losses. We did that just to reach the stage you, Chelsea, United are at. Arsenal have the money to spend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I've already responded but thought of something else. You don't need someone to underwrite losses. We did that just to reach the stage you, Chelsea, United are at. Arsenal have the money to spend.
Their owner has pretty much mortgaged the clubs earnings and assets against his foreign property investments so they literally cannot afford to spend the money atm.

Their owner has pretty much mortgaged the clubs earnings and assets against his foreign property investments so they literally cannot afford to spend the money atm.
Flying to Texas and shooting Stan may be the best option. Can see him being Cashley like where he's a barnacle impossible to remove until he's 6 feet under.

Flying to Texas and shooting Stan may be the best option. Can see him being Cashley like where he's a barnacle impossible to remove until he's 6 feet under.
we had a similar issue with Glazer. Thankfully his sons are a bit more realistic. Guess Arsenal fans have to hope that Josh Kroenke is a bit less of a campaigner.

If thats the case then theres you're problem. Don't blame the likes of City and Chelsea and say you can't compete.

Blame the owner who is stopping you from competing.

If thats the case then theres you're problem. Don't blame the likes of City and Chelsea and say you can't compete.

Blame the owner who is stopping you from competing.
They are blaming their owner for their lack of competitiveness in the transfer market. They are comparing their owner with Roman, Mansour and the Glazers.

******* hell. Sounds a dire situation when you see it like that.

Read something on the Mirror twitter the other night saying that Arsenal are determined not to let another Alexis/Ozil/Ox situation happen with players running down contracts so they've opened contract negotiations with Welbeck, Ramsey and Walcott.

Not sure if they were taking the piss or not.

******* hell. Sounds a dire situation when you see it like that.

Read something on the Mirror twitter the other night saying that Arsenal are determined not to let another Alexis/Ozil/Ox situation happen with players running down contracts so they've opened contract negotiations with Welbeck, Ramsey and Walcott.

Not sure if they were taking the piss or not.

Hahah nah that would the club being serious giving average players 150K a week to stay when no other decent club would want them anyway.

He hasnt put money into the club for three years. Yeah, sure it got us to where we are but it's got us to the position where we're getting lots of sponsorship deals, getting lots of TV money etc.

Arsenal can stamp their feet and say that it's not fair. But the fact remains that they earn nearly as much as we do. They're not far off the wages that we pay. They can compete.

They just choose not to.

What I would say is they make it hard for themselves giving/offering mega wages to the likes of Walcott, Wheelchair, Ox.

Get rid of the "not good enoughs", save your wages for quality incomings and you'll find your outgoings will pay for at least the first years anortisation of new players.

We bought around £220m worth of new players. It's added £44m in amortisation for the next 5 years
. Selling Mooy, Unal, Kelechi has made us that in profit.
You always seem to justify transfers using amortisation, but then forget about the fact that you are still paying this amount from all your previous transfers as well from the last 5 years. How are you paying for that in profit?

ie: you spent 220m this window, 191m last window, 192m the window before, 80m the window before and 105m the window before. So if you are paying amortisation for 5 years from all of those transfers then it's actually £157m/year rather than 44. Did you make that much profit this window? And are your sales all paid up front or are the buying clubs also paying you in installments?

They get huge sponsorship because the UAE ploughs immense amounts of cash into them through sponsors, as basically Mansour owns the UAE . They can then hugely inflate City's worth as a commodity, and by doing so they can dodge FFP restrictions.

Man City and PSG are financed by investment arms of both the Qatari government and the emirate of Abu Dhabi. It's state sponsored football clubs which I do not personally think should be allowed but that's just my personal opinion. There's currently a shitstorm in La Liga over Barca/ Real receiving state aid of which they are being forced to repay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back