Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
I would suggest Aftermath to Goats Head Soup just as good as the 4 in the middle
I think some of their less acclaimed albums suffer from poor production and/or inconsistent songwriting. Aftermath is a great album, probably the best from their pop period. But Between the Buttons has crap sound, but still some good songs. They may been tiring a bit from all the work they'd been doing for years. GHS has some absolute gems on it, and only a couple disappointed me. But again the overall sound felt less energized, less garage. Compare it to the sound they got on Some Girls.
Their live show at the time was killer.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
I think some of their less acclaimed albums suffer from poor production and/or inconsistent songwriting. Aftermath is a great album, probably the best from their pop period. But Between the Buttons has crap sound, but still some good songs. They may been tiring a bit from all the work they'd been doing for years. GHS has some absolute gems on it, and only a couple disappointed me. But again the overall sound felt less energized, less garage. Compare it to the sound they got on Some Girls.
Their live show at the time was killer.
"Doo doo doo doo doo (Heartbreaker)" is one of the Stones greatest tracks ever. I love Goats Head Soup.

But then again, it was Tattoo You that initially introduced me to the Rolling Stones, so their first run of albums haven't resonated as much with me as their 70's stuff does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back