ASADA defied as banned dog at work. 2/3: Prismall no longer working for Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

ASADA defied as banned Dog at work
BANNED former Bomber Brent Prismall is working at the Western Bulldogs in defiance of advice from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority. Prismall is the only member of the Essendon 34 who ­remains in the AFL system.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscri...f7a6021b69fad2cab0003123629&memtype=anonymous
Well he is not going to play again so he doesn't care. I am wondering if this means the bulldogs are in trouble in some way though?
Anyone know?

Well WADA you know?

I just know that's not a bright move if he intends on playing again.

Not smart from the Dogs either. Expect them to argue that other players are doing media and still within the sport though.

“The AFL have indicated to us in writing their comfort with the arrangement,” Gordon told the Herald Sun.

“We are fully satisfied that the terms of engagement fit within the parameters of all relevant regulations and we are pleased that he is able to continue.”

But an AFL spokesperson said talks with ASADA about Prismall’s job were continuing.

Well that makes sense like everything else in this fiasco

Poor move by Prismall, the Bulldogs and the AFL.

Just sit the year out, do things like travel and study and take on a role next year free of baggage.

He can't be allowed to have a role at the club. Again the AFL are an embarrassment to Australia as far as anti doping is concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be more to this than meets the eye. Does his official title indicate an anti-doping educational role?

At face value the AFL seems to be thumbing its nose at the WADA code.

“The AFL have indicated to us in writing their comfort with the arrangement,” Gordon told the Herald Sun.

“We are fully satisfied that the terms of engagement fit within the parameters of all relevant regulations and we are pleased that he is able to continue.”

But an AFL spokesperson said talks with ASADA about Prismall’s job were continuing.

Well that makes sense like everything else in this fiasco
Then why can't Paddy Ryder work with Port's Indigenous program where they visit the outback and talk to kids? It just doesn't make sense. As for Prismal, I thought it was a no no to be on club premises or interact with the club in any way apart from a social basis. Why can Prismal keep working in his footy club job while the others can't?

My inner cynic imagines the AFL attempting to provoke WADA to expel it, by fiddling at the edges rather than blatant defiance. Far-fetched?
Very strange that the AFL is taking so long to give the clubs clarity. Another article today about some Essendon players training said that their club is in contact with them about their footy program to ensure they come back in top condition. I thought a club doing that wasn't allowed either. Something strange going on, again.

I get the impression the AFL are trying to push a few of ASADAs buttons.
Daring them to step in and prevent Prismall from working at FFC if they feel inclined.
What worries me is that any sanction would come down on the AFL not Footscray and would effect everyone for not being compliant.
Are the AFL looking to jeopodise it's association with WADA , easier than walking away without the fallout.
Keep government funding coz all we did was let a drug cheat work at a club, meant no harm!
Trying to read between the lines as it is rather clear that he should not be employed by any AFL club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back