No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

All I know is that if it ever genuinely got to the point where the saga was affecting my relationship with my fiancée then I'd hope I'd slap myself upside the head and if I lacked the introspection to do so, I'd hope she would do it herself, before the situation becomes irretrievable.

It ain't healthy.

I hope she slaps you upside the head regardless.

Agree. But look at it the other way - when you're in a bad relationship already and the only joy you get in life (or so it seems) is the footy, then you can see why the relationship breakdown could be attributed to the footy - although in reality the issues were there in the first place.

Good points - someone could be struggling with their career and/or relationship(s)...a trigger can occur with something like this saga where someone feels a great miscarriage of justice and it pushes them over the edge.

Well it's time I can finally unfollow this thread, nothing more than dribble from the media.

Farewell
5440351-2389873681-giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong, there was a part of me that was hesitant to participate when asked - quite simply because I didn't want to be surrounded by nine other stories told by your Blitz type Essendon fan.

Translation, ******* idiots - because my god we have them in droves in our supporter base.

But I met the author, and he told me what he was aiming to get out of it and decided to give it a go.

The experience was somewhat cathartic - being able to sit there and talk for three hours about what it was like as a supporter to go through this, plus describing things such as how I became an EFC fan and so on.

Honestly, I have no idea how the book will turn out. Worst case scenario, at least we should be able to point to it and say 'see? Told you BigFooty posters are smarter than Blitz posters'... :D

But hopefully, it'll actually offer an angle to this whole sorry saga that really hasn't been considered before by the wider public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So McDevit resigns one week, Fitzpatrick the next...

Rumour has it Dank paid some hush money late last year and unheard from since...

I guess you could also add to those rumours by saying this is all happening pretty much immediately after a change of Federal Sports Minister.

There's also been some seriously weird stuff going on in the last few days around John Wylie, Fitzpatrick's very close mate and a very mysterious but central figure in the supplements saga.

I guess you could also add to those rumours by saying this is all happening pretty much immediately after a change of Federal Sports Minister.

There's also been some seriously weird stuff going on in the last few days around John Wylie, Fitzpatrick's very close mate and a very mysterious but central figure in the supplements saga.
Elaborate please

Elaborate please

About Wylie?

I suggest typing his name into google to read more, but he is having the most bizarre, personal fight with John Coates. The AOC and AIS administrators and their organisations basically appear to be at war atm (when they're normally supposed to be very close allies), and Wylie and Coates had a full-on slanging match in front of hundreds of stunned onlookers at the Nitro athletics meeting the other night.

I'm not critical of it. I'm just not interested in reading it.
Just because you haven't read or seen something doesn't mean you can't be critical, surely bigfooty has taught you this :D

Once i'm off this swing i'm going to watch JLT1, but in the meantime sack woosha the young blokes are going nowhere and the old fellas are past it ;)

We had to try and bring some mediation, negotiation, settlement to this thing. And every single issue that I agreed on with Gil McLachlan, and I met with him the other night, has pretty much been reversed now in this note here.

So I’m not sure there’s a lot of point of ... Ray and I both agree we should have one more attempt - and it’s pointless doing it with McLachlan, but probably needs to be (Andrew) Demetriou - one more attempt of trying to understand what’s in their head. What they’re really trying to achieve.

But I think in the meantime we just push as hard as we can legally now. As hard as we can.

HIRD: I think if you read Caroline Wilson’s article you get a pretty good idea of what’s in their head. It’s almost exactly what’s happened right now.

CORCORAN: It’s happened all the way through.

Oh look it's Caro.......right on time

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-20170224-gukxno.html

To move ahead, it’s time for Essendon to stop looking back

Caroline Wilson

So if motivation in leaking the tape was not to make the four look good then it must lie in the ongoing quest for redemption along with the now hopeless and always irrelevant quest of revenge against the so-called AFL enemy.

But the refusal by the quartet headlined in the meeting to accept responsibility for the most damaging drugs program inflicted at a sporting club in Australia's history overrides all that. And it appears that all four have continued the defence of finger pointing — not only at the AFL but each other.

Surely the only path forward is to stop looking back.

Those who allowed this to happen should be so ashamed of themselves that any personal grievances remain red herrings to what they put their players through. And the side issue in the form of a push for a parliamentary inquiry smacks of an attempt to rewrite the key facts of the club's dreadful recent history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back